Author Topic: Oscar  (Read 4427 times)

Offline Torquila

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Re: Oscar
« Reply #90 on: May 24, 2012, 06:40:34 AM »
IF NOT FOR SOME TARGET PRACTICE< ZOMG LULZ!!!  HAHHAHAAHHA :banana: :x :airplane:
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 06:47:59 AM by Torquila »

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #91 on: May 24, 2012, 11:10:58 AM »
Yea...sounds good on paper doesn't it.

And I wouldn't even want the Ki43 to do that. I'll do it in a D3A.

The only two things your little K4 would be able to dictate in that fight is weather the fight begins and if it ends. To generate a shot on me your going to have to turn, at least some. Big swooping 500mph BnZ tactics will just leave you frustrated and out of WEP. And you can try as many HO shots as you would like, it's low class, but I won't complain.

Take the K4, I'll have you running back to your field ack in less than 3 minutes.

this would only prove how much better you are then him as a pilot. Not that ONLY the pilot makes a difference. Really is that what you are arguing, that Plane makes no difference?

I'm with INK. He summed it up prefectly.   It's a 2 axis plot with pilot skill on one axis and plane performance on ther other. Upper right corner yields higher probablitlity of victory vs lower left corner.

I make a mistake in my K4 and Noob in a Ki-43 gets a shot on me. His teeny guns dent my airplane and I live to kill him.
I make a mistake in my K-43 and noob getsa shot on me in his K4. His death cannon blows my plane in to little pieces. he wins.

This "the pilot makes all the difference" stuff is just illogical, and incorrect.  why are you sticking with it?  Troll? :salute
Who is John Galt?

Offline HighTone

• Silver Member
      • Squad Site
« Reply #92 on: May 24, 2012, 11:42:18 AM »
Really a troll? That's what you got out of these post. I find it kind of offensive that you would label what I was saying as trolling. Guess your not of the character that I had originally thought.

Never did I say anywhere that the planes performance didn't have anything to do with the outcome of a dogfight. I merely suggested that it wasn't the most important factor in a fight.

I can understand why some of you seem to be so against this plane. It's not going to be a plane that the average pilot will be able to be sucessfull In a majority of the time. I get that.

What I was trying to get at was the planes on paper performance is not the be all end all in regards to how it will fair in a dogfight in our game here.

I bid you all a good day.

LCA Special Events CO     LCA ~Tainan Kokutai~       
www.lcasquadron.org      Thanks for the Oscar HTC

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #93 on: May 24, 2012, 01:15:12 PM »
Really a troll? That's what you got out of these post. I find it kind of offensive that you would label what I was saying as trolling. Guess your not of the character that I had originally thought.

Never did I say anywhere that the planes performance didn't have anything to do with the outcome of a dogfight. I merely suggested that it wasn't the most important factor in a fight.

I can understand why some of you seem to be so against this plane. It's not going to be a plane that the average pilot will be able to be sucessfull In a majority of the time. I get that.

What I was trying to get at was the planes on paper performance is not the be all end all in regards to how it will fair in a dogfight in our game here.

I bid you all a good day.

We're NOT against the plane.
We're saying no one will fly it.
We're explaining why no one will fly it.

If you want to make a case for why historic planes are important to the game even though they will see very little use, I'm on board.
If you are making a case that this plane will see a lot of use because the pilot makes all the difference, then the data on plane useage will prove you wrong. [case in point: Spit mkI, 109E, hurri I, C202, I-16 are all hangar queens.]

Many in the Ma fly high ENY planes to give themselves a challenge. But there is a point below which a plane is TOO much of a challenge. Mostly those planes have week guns. The best pilots stall fight an A20 for one snap shot against even a Spit XVI. The key is when they get that shot the Spit goes down. The Oscar will scratch the paint. After a few of those sorties, even the best pilots will want to give themselve a chance and move up to something with more punch.

With respect,  :salute

vinkman

Come on dont get all upset.  ;)   I meant you no harm.   :salute

Who is John Galt?

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #94 on: May 24, 2012, 01:18:32 PM »
Vinkman,

You are, in broad, correct, but you are underselling the two 12.7mm guns by a bit.  They are a superior armament to the Spitfire Mk Ia and Hurricane Mk I.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #95 on: May 24, 2012, 01:22:32 PM »
Vinkman,

You are, in broad, correct, but you are underselling the two 12.7mm guns by a bit.  They are a superior armament to the Spitfire Mk Ia and Hurricane Mk I.

True.  :salute
Who is John Galt?

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #96 on: May 24, 2012, 01:28:32 PM »
Vinkman,

You can get a feel for the Oscar and it's guns almost, by furballing in a Dauntless with 25% fuel. It has 2-50cal on the hood.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #97 on: May 24, 2012, 01:36:06 PM »
Vinkman,

You can get a feel for the Oscar and it's guns almost, by furballing in a Dauntless with 25% fuel. It has 2-50cal on the hood.

I've spent hundreds of hours in a K4. When the taters are gone it's just the two cowl 12.7mm. You can kill a plane or two if he doesn't stick stir and you don't get picked first. No doubt there are pilots that are good enough shots to kill people with two .50s. I'm not really one of them.  ;)
Who is John Galt?

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #98 on: May 24, 2012, 01:38:44 PM »
The Ki-84 has the exact same two 12.7mm guns in the same position as the Ki-43's.  Obviously the performance of the aircraft is different, but once the cannons are empty the Ki-84 kinda gives you a feel for them.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #99 on: May 24, 2012, 01:40:08 PM »
The Ki-84 has the exact same two 12.7mm guns in the same position as the Ki-43's.  Obviously the performance of the aircraft is different, but once the cannons are empty the Ki-84 kinda gives you a feel for them.

I got a kill with 18 of those MGs left.....a very lucky Pilot hit.....I was laughing all the way to the field :rofl

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #100 on: May 24, 2012, 04:48:30 PM »
I flew multiple aircrafts with limited weapons, Hurris, C.202s etc

The aim really has to be extreme to get a kill, snapshots and deflections won't land a kill, however it does enough damage. In my personal opinion you can pepper a target to death only if someone screws up royally enough to get shot down by some early war bird.

Against a decent stick I usually always get murdered, most of the time its a low skilled pilot who see's some ancient piece of crap and overjudges the pilot.

more then 70% of the time I am usually shot down.
JG 52

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #101 on: May 24, 2012, 06:02:36 PM »
I see an argument from High-tone an experienced dogfighter and some kid who argues all day long who never manages a few hundred kills a tour period, even when he played full time.

I'll take my money on HT.

You mean the one that spent a lot of the time screwing around with squadies, or in tanks and ignored rank, kills, stats, etc? Yeah, cause score, ranks, stats, and kills are totally relevent in a scenario where really the only variable that can be measured with even a moticum of accuracy is time spent in game.

I always love it when you try and pull out stats, or rank, or some other nonsense that is not only unsupporting of your argument, but is also largely irrelvent. It just kind of shows you don't quite know whats going on.

And besides, I've fought HT before. Like I said, hes good, but hes not quite great, at least as of Sept. 2011.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #102 on: May 24, 2012, 06:07:09 PM »
You mean the one that spent a lot of the time screwing around with squadies, or in tanks and ignored rank, kills, stats, etc? Yeah, cause score, ranks, stats, and kills are totally relevent in a scenario where really the only variable that can be measured with even a moticum of accuracy is time spent in game.

I always love it when you try and pull out stats, or rank, or some other nonsense that is not only unsupporting of your argument, but is also largely irrelvent. It just kind of shows you don't quite know whats going on.
And besides, I've fought HT before. Like I said, hes good, but hes not quite great, at least as of Sept. 2011.

Can any veteran player come forward and say you were any good? didn't think so ace.

High-Tone is far better then you want to believe, I've fought him countless times in a Scenario, if you think he's average you clearly need to go outside and breath some fresh air.
JG 52

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #103 on: May 24, 2012, 06:36:35 PM »
Like I said, hes good, but hes not quite great, at least as of Sept. 2011.

You're weren't very good at all when you played.  If I was you, I would refrain on passing judgement on another's skill level.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #104 on: May 24, 2012, 06:41:02 PM »
I was decent, probably better than decent; theres a difference between lack of skill, and lack of effort, AKAK. You just bear some personal animosity towards me, and to be honest, I'm not the most fond of you either. That and I've seen you a grand total of about 6 times in the game over 6 years, and maybe only once in the year before I left.

Perhaps it would be wise for you to refrain from passing judgment on someone who you have virtually no information on, and next to no experience fighting.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"