Author Topic: Armchair Jerks  (Read 4164 times)

Offline SEseph

• Silver Member
Re: Armchair Jerks
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2012, 12:59:55 PM »
Pay attention to who's saying what.  GO to the DA isn't what I'd call appropriate but neither is accusing someone of causing grief just to be a jerk or calling people stupid for going after a particular objective.

Since when is anyone entitled to play a map that doesn't change?

Look, let's be clear with some things, not to fight, but because I'd rather be rational with you this time around. I think you really should remove the video because for the AH community it's bad on the whole.
I think also anyone in that argument should be embarrassed because both sides sound childish. The reason I say the air is the one dictating is the GV's were there first. It's like playing on the playground, who ever was there first has first rights.
This is one of those moments every community has and it shouldn't be aired to the world. Both sides had options, both took the lower road, but the fliers IMO are the ones who intruded. We have to all play here and that was a needless dispute.
BOWL Axis CO 2014 BoB13 JG52 XO DSG2 Axis S. Cmdr 2012 WSDG Allied CO 2012 Multiple GL/XO Side/Section CO/XO since early '00s
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it. W.C.Fields

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2012, 01:10:54 PM »
I hope I'm not the only one with little tolerance of those who demand that everyone else plays the map, or the game differently than myself.

Yesterday a bishop who must think of himself as some sort of Original Gangster kept typing in green calling people morons for attacking some vehicle base.  Every few minutes this guy is yelling at the country calling people morons, always insisting that he has authority over these morons.  It was nearly enough for me to post a mission to capture the base that this guy was so adamant nobody should attack.

Then again, it probably would have just degenerated into this all over again.  
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LomIW64PrbQ
Warning, harsh language.

I think we should all make the effort to accept the fact that nobody outside of HTC has any real control over the way Aces High gets played by others.

Bwahhaha, I watched the video (couldn't before, on my phone) and this was the mission where I killed vDallas just as he started his dive bomb.  :rofl Lost a 262 to this horde, but oh so worth it. Of course, don't forget the vDallas PMs.  :rock

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline HamrDown

• Copper Member
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2012, 01:27:34 PM »
vDallas....what a strange man. Former squad mates of the vTards think very little of this pathetic man.  :ahand

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2012, 01:33:08 PM »
Look, let's be clear with some things, not to fight, but because I'd rather be rational with you this time around. I think you really should remove the video because for the AH community it's bad on the whole.
I think also anyone in that argument should be embarrassed because both sides sound childish. The reason I say the air is the one dictating is the GV's were there first. It's like playing on the playground, who ever was there first has first rights.
This is one of those moments every community has and it shouldn't be aired to the world. Both sides had options, both took the lower road, but the fliers IMO are the ones who intruded. We have to all play here and that was a needless dispute.

I agree with most of this.  But saying just because 1 group was one place first does not entitle them to dictate anything but their opinions to another group.

You can't expect everyone to know what everyone else is doing, and then adjust their strategy to fit.  The air mission was totally oblivious to the spawn camping that was going on but the only one who knew what to expect was DZZ.

As far as deleting the film because "it makes us all look bad".  This is nonsense and we should not fear the truth.

Yesterdays incidents as well as the film incident happened on a little map called Trinity.  Which we all know offers few choices for offensive operations.

Alerting the enemy to what friendlies are doing on channel 200 seems like poor sportsmanship to me but I refuse to stoop to their level and cry about it while demanding HTC punish them for their first breach of my idea of the rules.

If anyone doesn't agree with me they should just flatter their self by bragging about all vTARD NOE stolen carrier stortch missions they've busted singlehandedly with their eyes closed.  Or, just bring up Dallas as though it's the same as having a rational discussion.
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2012, 01:48:32 PM »
For the game's sake, take down the video. Lot's of people get aggrivated in competition and then say unfortunate things. No reason to have it up there for posterity.

If you boil it down taking out the emotion and the language and superfluous verbage it sounds like this.

Airborne players:  We've coming to capture the enemy V-Base.
Ground players :   We're having a good fight here, can you take a different base?
Airborne players:  No. This base is central to our win the map strategy. There is no other way.
Ground players:    Just take the Airbase directly, you have 50 people with you, enough to actually invade and real country and win. A125 will be a push over.
Airborne players:  Why ahould I change my plan
Ground players:    Repeat. because we are having a fun fight here.
Airborne Players:  Go to the DA. The DA is for fighting. The MA is for capturing bases. The 50 of us think ending this fight will be fun for us. Your fun is no concern of ours.
Ground Players:      :headscratch:
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 01:50:10 PM by Vinkman »
Who is John Galt?

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2012, 01:50:44 PM »
For the game's sake, take down the video. Lot's of people get aggrivated in competition and then say unfortunate things. No reason to have it up there for posterity.

If you boil it down taking out the emotion and the language and superfluous verbage it sounds like this.

Airborne players:  We've coming to capture the enemy V-Base.
Ground players :   We're having a good fight here, can you take a different base?
Airborne players:  No. This base is central to our win the map strategy. There is no other way.
Ground players:    Just take the Airbase directly, you have 50 people with you, enough to actually invade and real country and win. A125 will be a push over.
Airborne players:  Why ahould I change my plan
Ground players:    Repeat. because we are having a fun fight here.
Airborne Players:  Go to the DA. The DA is for fighting. The MA is for capturing bases. The 50 of us think ending this fight will be fun for us. Your fun is no concern of ours.
Ground Players:      :headscratch:

Odd but that just about covers it Vink.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2012, 01:51:05 PM »
Pay attention to who's saying what.  GO to the DA isn't what I'd call appropriate but neither is accusing someone of causing grief just to be a jerk or calling people stupid for going after a particular objective.

Since when is anyone entitled to play a map that doesn't change?

watching the video reminds me of a fight between two retarded people over who's the most retarded.

I also found it funny that it took so many of you to capture a single V base.  

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2012, 01:54:59 PM »
I have to admit, it is very hard to not bring up names when the hordes take a base, land, and move on. It is very much like playing 'whack a mole' and it is extremely frustrating.

That said, I've done my best not to mention any names, no matter how frustrated I get.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2012, 01:56:03 PM »
yes VbobO you're right Vdallas is what you descriped in this thread title, people on the ground asking you not to kill the VB instead they ask you to go to the next AF, real classy Squad.
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2012, 01:57:43 PM »
yes VbobO you're right Vdallas is what you descriped in this thread title, people on the ground asking you not to kill the VB instead they ask you to go to the next AF, real classy Squad.

They didn't ask anything.
Insults and orders were barked up to the planes from below immediately after I politely told them that the fight was going to shift from the spawn to the enemy base.

watching the video reminds me of a fight between two retarded people over who's the most retarded.

I also found it funny that it took so many of you to capture a single V base. 

ack-ack
And let's not forget the geniuses who always know the exact, everything, that should be, at any given time and mocking everything that doesn't meet that standard.  Your posts seem to be a lot like the AI that runs the auto-ack in game.  Just firing away criticism at everything in range. 
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 02:08:01 PM by Rob52240 »
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2012, 02:08:26 PM »
Original gangster = OG = Assbat

:rofl

And here I thought it was HOSS/Lt when the OP said he was yelling at and cursing out countrymen over range!

Asbatt, he's a little high strung too, poor fellah!

I had a hilarious interaction once when Asbatt was a knit, year ago or so..... poor guy is defending a V base, all by himself, against 5-6 enemy GVs, and is crying out for help over country channel, several times, with apparently no one coming to help.

So I figure, I'll tank a bit, and I up a Panzer from the VH and start rolling out towards the building where he's holed up. He's sitting up against one of the buildings near the maproom and offset VH's, on the left hand side of the building as I approached, his turret looking the other way. So I think "I'll come up the other side of the building and he can protect everything from the center to the left flank, and I'll take everything from center right."

I swore I said something to him on VOX, but apparently he didn't hear me..... as I roll out past the corner of the building and just beside him, I look over and see his turret is rotated with his gun right on me and BOOM he explodes! Apparently I was so close to him he couldn't see my big green icon above me through his sight, and thought I was an enemy tank trying to sneak up on him!!! He kill shot himself and exploded what appeared to have been a Tiger I......   :uhoh

The screaming and cursing lasted about 3 to 4 minutes, and then he logged in a rage fit.  :rofl

I genuinely felt bad about it...... but I couldn't help but laugh that the guys attacking our base were squeeling in delight over 200 about the knit tanks on that V base killshooting themselves!

:rofl :rofl :rofl

That's my "Asbatt" story!

:cheers: Asbatt!

Edit, in response to Del's post: I don't mind mentioning HOSS, because he is a 'known quantity' so to speak, and Asbatt, screaming at me in a mad rage as he was, I'll up a tank to help him anytime. He's not a bad guy, and in hindsight, that whole episode was funny as heck!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 02:22:17 PM by Reaper90 »
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2012, 02:22:34 PM »
They didn't ask anything.

How are we to know that this video isnt started after thier request?
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2012, 02:25:15 PM »
And let's not forget the geniuses who always know the exact, everything, that should be, at any given time and mocking everything that doesn't meet that standard.  Your posts seem to be a lot like the AI that runs the auto-ack in game.  Just firing away criticism at everything in range. 

I'm sorry if my comments hit the target but if you don't want to be on the receiving end, get off the short bus.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline coola4me

• Copper Member
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2012, 02:40:43 PM »
Theres a lot of people that play this game that has forgotten that, ITS A GAME NOT REAL LIFE no need to get  :furious!! Comon people step back and have yourself a  :cheers:!
Seems to be too much of this
CO. 172nd Rabid Dawgs
In Game Name: coola
Panties....not the greatest thing on Earth..... but next to it!!!     ME-YOW!!!

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2012, 02:42:52 PM »
Seems to be too much of this (Image removed from quote.)

I think that people consider that part of the game. Its thier $15 bucks they are gonna play the forum how they want to.
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep