Author Topic: Armchair Jerks  (Read 4222 times)

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
Armchair Jerks
« on: May 21, 2012, 12:10:41 PM »
I hope I'm not the only one with little tolerance of those who demand that everyone else plays the map, or the game differently than myself.

Yesterday a bishop who must think of himself as some sort of Original Gangster kept typing in green calling people morons for attacking some vehicle base.  Every few minutes this guy is yelling at the country calling people morons, always insisting that he has authority over these morons.  It was nearly enough for me to post a mission to capture the base that this guy was so adamant nobody should attack.

Then again, it probably would have just degenerated into this all over again.  
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LomIW64PrbQ
Warning, harsh language.

I think we should all make the effort to accept the fact that nobody outside of HTC has any real control over the way Aces High gets played by others.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 12:15:19 PM by Rob52240 »
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Armchair Jerks
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 12:13:39 PM »
Do you think you are doing AH a good service by posting that on youtube for the world to see?

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 12:15:43 PM »
See rule #4
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 01:13:10 PM by hitech »
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 12:17:12 PM »
I actually flew for a day with the text bar closed down. It was...interesting. I missed some salutes, but I think it was worth it. No one to annoy you and just focus on the gameplay. Maybe you should try it, might do ya good.

Oh, and Original Gangsters as a squad is full of funnies. I've had my dealings with them, a couple DA matches solved everything. :)

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 12:23:19 PM »
Hmmmmmmmmm...... Sounds like someone familiar.....
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2012, 12:24:28 PM »
I don't think this guy had a squad, I can't even imagine him getting along with anyone.

As far as posting old film of the same kind of BS on the BBS...  We can learn a lot about how not to act from those who have nothing of value to offer.
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline SEseph

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2012, 12:27:51 PM »
I actually flew for a day with the text bar closed down. It was...interesting. I missed some salutes, but I think it was worth it. No one to annoy you and just focus on the gameplay. Maybe you should try it, might do ya good.

Oh, and Original Gangsters as a squad is full of funnies. I've had my dealings with them, a couple DA matches solved everything. :)

It's range vox. Not possible to squelch that.

Sometimes I'm embarrassed being a Bish.  :bhead
I don't think this guy had a squad, I can't even imagine him getting along with anyone.

As far as posting old film of the same kind of BS on the BBS...  We can learn a lot about how not to act from those who have nothing of value to offer.

The video sounded to me like the one side in the air was dictating to others how the game was to be played. "score pig" "go to the DA" "go to this fight where you are needed." The ground just wanted to be left to what they were doing before the mission appeared.
BOWL Axis CO 2014 BoB13 JG52 XO DSG2 Axis S. Cmdr 2012 WSDG Allied CO 2012 Multiple GL/XO Side/Section CO/XO since early '00s
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it. W.C.Fields

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2012, 12:30:46 PM »
 :rofl
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2012, 12:31:32 PM »
As far as posting old film of the same kind of BS on the BBS...  We can learn a lot about how not to act from those who have nothing of value to offer.
Spit the hook out then? You will always get the armchair generals, most dont know what they are talking about. Had one such guy on knights not too long ago crying because we kept turning the crusier to broadside the enemy Cruiser instead of keeping bow on, took about 5 people explaining the concept of broadside and crossing the T to the guy multiple times before he shut up.
HamHawk
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2012, 12:37:47 PM »
It's range vox. Not possible to squelch that.

Sometimes I'm embarrassed being a Bish.  :bhead
The video sounded to me like the one side in the air was dictating to others how the game was to be played. "score pig" "go to the DA" "go to this fight where you are needed." The ground just wanted to be left to what they were doing before the mission appeared.

Pay attention to who's saying what.  GO to the DA isn't what I'd call appropriate but neither is accusing someone of causing grief just to be a jerk or calling people stupid for going after a particular objective.

Since when is anyone entitled to play a map that doesn't change?

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2012, 12:38:41 PM »
some of the very best over there arguing about who is lamer than the other one.
priceless.
 :rofl
AoM
City of ice

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2012, 12:42:20 PM »
Original gangster = OG = Assbat
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Tec

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2012, 12:49:41 PM »
Armchair jerks?  Is that sort of like the most spineless player in the game hovering at 20k in one of the fastest non perked planes watching his lemmings get slaughtered below while waiting for his balls to drop far enough to make one weak BnZ pass and then PMing people and calling them cowards and noobs whilst running for his life?
To each their pwn.
K$22L7AoH

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2012, 12:52:17 PM »
So...  Who are the jerks in that video?  The guys having a GV fight on the ground who are having fun and don't want it to end?  Or the guys in the air who apparently feel it is necessary to take the one V base on the map that will end the fun for all those guys on the ground?

I'm confused.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2012, 12:56:59 PM »
This situation has been discussed a few times lastly the discussion about sinking a cv that was near a base that killed the only late night furball. Some people just like the ability to be  "that guy" and  some people are always going to lose thier cool about that. Meanwhile other nearby bases wait for someone to  up from thier hangers  and start a fight.
HamHawk
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep