Author Topic: Armchair Jerks  (Read 4214 times)

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
Re: Armchair Jerks
« Reply #75 on: May 22, 2012, 02:19:40 AM »
this thread is the w1nz!111!
Karma, it follows you every where you go...

++The Blue Knights++

Offline Kingpin

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #76 on: May 22, 2012, 03:35:15 AM »
I posted this because in my experience, this is pretty much aces high at its worst.  If we can see the environment created by acting like jerks, most of us will choose to avoid getting sucked into it the next time.

Rob, I agree the video shows Aces High at it's worst.  What I don't understand is how you fail to see (or admit) your rather large role in it.  What you chose to do instigated the whole thing, despite KNOWING before hand that it would (which vVOODOO mentions twice in the video).  I know from personal experience that vDallas has a "I don't care what anyone thinks" mentality, so that was probably his response to any discussion about shutting down somebody else's fight.  But the fact is, you posted a video that shows that your squad is just as willing to act like jerks to the point of even angering players on your own side.

Read your last sentence above again.  You helped create this environment.  Until you admit that, it seems your own philosophy is wasted on you.  You will never be able to "choose to avoid getting sucked into it" this way.

Perhaps not posting videos that stir it up in the first place might be a good start though.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 03:37:23 AM by Kingpin »
Quote from: bozon
For those of us playing this game for well over a decade, Aces High is more of a social club. The game just provides the framework. I keep logging in for the people and Pipz was the kind that you keep coming to meet again.

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #77 on: May 22, 2012, 05:06:53 AM »
This squad adds absolutely nothing to the game, only takes away from it.

quoted for truth
now posting as SirNuke

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #78 on: May 22, 2012, 05:15:13 AM »
quoted for truth

double quote :aok

they act like the biggest "armchair jerks" ingame.

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #79 on: May 22, 2012, 05:19:09 AM »
I remember a Chuwie mission... a load of NOE lancs and nikis. Im not a fan of it, still one thing made me feel bad while we were killing them.
Everyone was on the deck, noone were showing any darbar, not even a red dot... except vDALLAS, in his 20k dora.
Everyone died in that mission except him... he ran home without a kill.

You guys are seriously following this tard? Come on, grow up, you have an OWN mind...
AoM
City of ice

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #80 on: May 22, 2012, 06:12:30 AM »
I remember a Chuwie mission... a load of NOE lancs and nikis. Im not a fan of it, still one thing made me feel bad while we were killing them.
Everyone was on the deck, noone were showing any darbar, not even a red dot... except vDALLAS, in his 20k dora.
Everyone died in that mission except him... he ran home without a kill.

You guys are seriously following this tard? Come on, grow up, you have an OWN mind...

I have seen that more times than I can count.  Since everyone else has also, I know I am not imagining it.
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #81 on: May 22, 2012, 06:15:40 AM »
I am all but shocked that this thread is still going. Considering Hitech post:

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,330977.msg4339790.html#msg4339790

You consider this a personal attack?  I thought he was showing us what an armchair jerk is, using his squad as a working model.  Leading by example...
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #82 on: May 22, 2012, 07:07:35 AM »
I'm counting on an EPIC Fugi cartoon next Sunday...multiple panels and maybe some color, too :devil

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #83 on: May 22, 2012, 08:01:21 AM »
You consider this a personal attack?  I thought he was showing us what an armchair jerk is, using his squad as a working model.  Leading by example...

Not the video, the some of the post.
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #84 on: May 22, 2012, 08:08:04 AM »
"I knew this would piss them off"

InstaGuilt

HTC that breaks your rule of "Don't be a d1ck"

:D :salute
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #85 on: May 22, 2012, 08:39:02 AM »
  We can do better.  I favor winning over fun. I cannot conjure up fun without winning.

So, the people that have fun playing the  game are SOL?
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #86 on: May 22, 2012, 08:43:15 AM »

"And this is why our political system is shot, because of that kind of thinking."

Unbelievable.  One of the rare moments when I'm embarrassed because of what someone else has said and done.  Could you please get that film off youtube?

- oldman

Offline R 105

• Silver Member
« Reply #87 on: May 22, 2012, 09:14:26 AM »
 There are only two maps with a good GV spawn to fight at A141 to V135 or the other map with V88 to V85. Every other base you have a 20 minute drive to get to fire a shot at another tank before you get bombed. That is why people get upset with the pilot types that take there only bases with a great spawn. Everyone knows it will cause a problem with the tankers if they do it.

Out of all the maps we have the pilots have every other base to operate from except four bases the tanker folks use so why take them? The map can be won easily without these four little bases. As for posting on YouTube there may be a time and a place for that but it in my view it is family business and should be handled like family business. Don't put the Aces high community s dirty laundry out for all to see it only hurts the game in the long run.

Offline matt

• Silver Member
« Reply #88 on: May 22, 2012, 10:38:25 AM »
I hope I'm not the only one with little tolerance of those who demand that everyone else plays the map, or the game differently than myself.

Yesterday a bishop who must think of himself as some sort of Original Gangster kept typing in green calling people morons for attacking some vehicle base.  Every few minutes this guy is yelling at the country calling people morons, always insisting that he has authority over these morons.  It was nearly enough for me to post a mission to capture the base that this guy was so adamant nobody should attack.

Then again, it probably would have just degenerated into this all over again.  
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LomIW64PrbQ
Warning, harsh language.

I think we should all make the effort to accept the fact that nobody outside of HTC has any real control over the way Aces High gets played by others.

Lt i love hearing that guy get pissed that was worth it. :rofl

Offline Peyton

• Copper Member
« Reply #89 on: May 22, 2012, 10:43:49 AM »
Let the GV people have their fun......