Author Topic: An all-time low of shooting somebody down.  (Read 3000 times)

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
Re: An all-time low of shooting somebody down.
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2012, 03:46:48 PM »
You know if the gvs werent camping sitting still they would be harder to hit. Keep up the good work Oak. Not saying i dont camp but when I do I am constanly moving to new locations.
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2012, 04:19:14 PM »
Oaktree stop whining about a few deaths. Maybe fly your 47D25 in A/A and you wouldnt get beat so bad you would need to post this silly thread.

Also while we are at it. If people sit at a spawn and camp GV's that come up as soon as they are seen is as bad as vulchers. How is dropping a bomb on a tank with no defense from this attack any different?

This is just a whine thread from a guy that spends 99% of his time bombing tanks, then being killed by any air con that happens to show up.

Looking at Oaktree's deaths in his bombtruck, the most hes been killed by 1 player this month is klipper, with 3 kills on him in an F4U4. everyone else has 1 each.

Whine smited. Wtg Klipper and G3-MF for inducing this whine!  :salute

You bash the OP about his (your estimation) lack of skill, yet praise the guy that needed a UFO-4 to kill him?   :headscratch:
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2012, 04:26:50 PM »
Or do i question why AoM fly the 262 all the time.
AoM do not fly 262s all the time. Only when there are 30 hordelings against 1 defender. Couse we dont have 10 squaddies on all the time to wing up and sweep the skies as some other highly ranked squadrons do.
Just to be correct.

You bash the OP about his (your estimation) lack of skill, yet praise the guy that needed a UFO-4 to kill him?   :headscratch:
lol yups. When there are 50 dudes pounding a poor field, poor twin needs a 262 as the 51st... If anyone, he has the right to criticize someone   :rolleyes:
not couse i like GV bombing as much.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 06:33:51 PM by Debrody »
AoM
City of ice

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2012, 04:35:13 PM »
AoM do not fly 262s all the time. Only when there are 30 hordelings against 1 defender. Couse we dont have 10 squaddies on all the time to wing up and sweep the skies as some other highly ranked squadrons do.
Just to be correct.

That is true. It is fun fighting them when they do fly them.
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2012, 05:04:57 PM »
Oaktree, what do you find enjoyable in killing GV's with a P47?

It is a simple question.  If you do not want to answer that's fine, you can say so.

Please do not assume this is an antagonistic question.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2012, 05:07:37 PM »
Maybe he likes to kill things on the ground.  Just because something might not be fun for you, doesn't mean it's not fun for someone else.

ack-ack

Thanks for the "maybe" answer.  I really am asking him. 
Wag more, bark less.

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2012, 05:11:09 PM »
The challenge, the fun and because i can.  
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2012, 05:19:00 PM »
The challenge, the fun and because i can.  

Thank you.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline shppr01

• AvA Staff Member
  • Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2012, 05:37:49 PM »
Oaktree Is one of the best Pilots we have in the 353rd. Both with flying and bombing gvs. .He is good in any ride we have on this game. Like someone said ,, It IS his 14.95 and he does what he likes to do . If some actually stopped and got to know these ppl they talk about, there would be less of the op Bashing in these threads . .I gv and belong to a flight squad, that doesn't mean that I don't fly , it just means that I like to GV. Oak ,, You keep it up !! <S> sir.
Ingame : Shipper

Never put your gun down to hug a grizzly.

Offline Rich52

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2012, 05:42:16 PM »
Umm, so how exactly can someone "follow you around"? How would they even know its you?
Yes, your on "Ignore"

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2012, 05:56:43 PM »
Oaktree Is one of the best Pilots we have in the 353rd. Both with flying and bombing gvs. .He is good in any ride we have on this game. Like someone said ,, It IS his 14.95 and he does what he likes to do . If some actually stopped and got to know these ppl they talk about, there would be less of the op Bashing in these threads . .I gv and belong to a flight squad, that doesn't mean that I don't fly , it just means that I like to GV. Oak ,, You keep it up !! <S> sir.

Yep, I completely agree.  I was asking what he like about it for exactly what it seems.  I wanted to know.  This may help me to know about Oaktree, yes, to get to know him like you said.

I'm nice to everyone here, all the time.  I understand that questions many times are leading and can make folks defensive.  I'm not asking anyone to defend their actions.  I'm not suggesting anyone stop doing what they enjoy.

If you asked me what I enjoy about hunting bombers.  I could certainly give you an insightful answer.  It would probably be at least a few paragraphs.  You did answer at least Oaktree, and I thank you.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Mirage

• Nickel Member
« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2012, 06:18:46 PM »
It has come to my attention, from another player, somebody has come to the knights and follow me around just to report to his buddies on the other side where I am going

Nevada/DozyDuck/Badboy?   He uses the same technique right?

but i heard instead of reporting to another player, he reports to himself at his other station!

:noid
Kommando Nowotny

I/Jg-301Gelb Zehn |

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2012, 07:36:30 PM »
Umm, so how exactly can someone "follow you around"? How would they even know its you?

Rich you must have missed the part where he said they changed to Knights to follow him, once the guy got his tank bombed they knew who killed it so one of them change countries and found his name in the roster and clicked go to, it puts you on the closest AF or VB to where he's at then just look for his icon with his name, just that simple  :aok
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2012, 08:13:59 PM »
Just to be correct.
lol yups. When there are 50 dudes pounding a poor field, poor twin needs a 262 as the 51st... If anyone, he has the right to criticize someone   :rolleyes:
not couse i like GV bombing as much.

actually aom flies 262's when they want and not just against 30 reds.  and I have seen them bring 262 when they have 30 of them in their country against a lot less in the other country.  nothing wrong with either one, their 14.95. 

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2012, 08:26:55 PM »
Who cares if he bombs GV's, a decent tanker knows less then 15% of his tour deaths will be from bombs, if you do the math its not enough to whine about.
What you hope is to catch an unsuspected spawn that has no CAP, thus is the campers fault and problem.

If you get bombed, its time to up a fighter with a ton of fuel and CAP the spawn waiting for the next yahoo to show up.

JG 52