Author Topic: Airsoft  (Read 2120 times)

Offline AceHavok

• Nickel Member
Re: Airsoft
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2012, 03:06:40 PM »
All bbs are 6mm unless it says 8mm. For a gun with that fps, i recommend using .25g. This will make the fps go down by a bit, but will greatly improve accuracy and range. Do not use .12g.

Thanks wild!

I always used .20g white BBs, you'll lose a bit of range but anything lighter than that and they carry with the slightest breeze.

Default BBs are 6mm, unless that page says they're anything different (I didn't see anything) they should be 6mm.

Thank you very much.  I wasn't sure about the weights, sizes, etc.
Currently inactive.

Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding. - Albert Einstein

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2012, 03:59:14 PM »
I have played paintball. :D 

Hurts like hell though and you really don't have the space to move around.  The airsoft field I'm playing at has 75 acres of land. :)
Haha. I'm actually trying to open a paintball field. My grandmother is letting me use 173 acres down in Live Oak, FL.

Thinking maybe four fields.

Two wood-ball and two tournament style (Speed-ball) fields.
Like, ya know, when that thing that makes you move, it has pistons and things, When your thingamajigy is providing power, you do not hear other peoples thingamajig when they are providing power.

HiTech

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2012, 04:23:08 PM »
You should really use .25g or heavier if you're breaking 300fps. They carry energy better, work better in conjunction with the hop-up and are less affected by the wind.

Offline AceHavok

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2012, 05:00:07 PM »
Thanks Motherland.

Very nice, Marine.  I live about 20 min from Orlando. :P
Currently inactive.

Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding. - Albert Einstein

Offline AceHavok

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2012, 09:25:54 PM »
Wait I'm confused.  6mm is always the default?

even if it's different weights?
Currently inactive.

Offline Krupinski

• Gold Member
      • Twitch
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2012, 09:37:39 PM »

Yes.

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2012, 09:50:04 PM »

There are only a few (1-2 at most) manufacturers that make any 8mm guns (Marushin or Maruzen and I think maybe Tanaka maybe are the only ones that come to mind), and even they make 6mm guns mostly.
You'll know if you're buying 8mm BB's because you'll get like 500 in a $30 pack.

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2012, 02:11:59 AM »
Like, ya know, when that thing that makes you move, it has pistons and things, When your thingamajigy is providing power, you do not hear other peoples thingamajig when they are providing power.

HiTech

Offline AceHavok

• Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2012, 03:38:02 AM »
I'm going to probably get the KingArms M1A1 Thompson,  It can shoot around 512 fps, what kind of bb would get that down to 400-450?
Currently inactive.

Offline AceHavok

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2012, 03:39:06 AM »
Very cool video Marine,  Was that a scripted match?  The Iwo Jima thing at the end was pretty cool.  :lol
Currently inactive.

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2012, 04:16:24 AM »
Very cool video Marine,  Was that a scripted match?  The Iwo Jima thing at the end was pretty cool.  :lol
Not sure. I wasn't there. No deserts where I live...just lots and lots of woods. :P

HiTech

Offline AceHavok

• Nickel Member
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2012, 03:03:07 PM »
I heard someone say that the .20g bbs will reduce the fps by a decent amount, can anyone confirm?
Currently inactive.

Offline Krupinski

• Gold Member
      • Twitch
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2012, 03:12:16 PM »
I heard someone say that the .20g bbs will reduce the fps by a decent amount, can anyone confirm?

You'll lose a bit of range, but .20g+ are 100x more accurate than .12g.

.12g BBs will still curve left, right, up, down if you have a hop-up.

Offline Wildcat1

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2012, 03:24:19 PM »
Ace, for a gun with that high fps, go with .25 or .28. Fps is not everything, and these heavier bb's will increase your accuracy and range tremendously.
having fun and getting killed since tour 110
The King of 'Cobras. 350th FG, Tunisia 2016

Air Traffic Controller (Air Warfare/Surface Warfare) 2nd Class, USS John C. Stennis CVN-74

Offline AceHavok

• Nickel Member
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2012, 03:41:36 PM »
Yeah, I called up the field and they said that what it says on the box is a very slim chance that it actually goes 512fps.
Currently inactive.