Author Topic: Airsoft  (Read 2139 times)

Offline AceHavok

• Nickel Member
Airsoft
« on: May 31, 2012, 02:28:07 AM »
I'm thinking of playing airsoft.  Anyone here play it frequently?  If you could give me some tips like,  What type of Airsoft gun, clothing, etc.  I was looking on ebay at a M1A1 Thompson.  going for around $150, it says it's full metal and wooden stock.  shooting around 400fps.
Currently inactive.

Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding. - Albert Einstein

Offline Wildcat1

• Gold Member
Re: Airsoft
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 06:51:32 AM »
Everything you will ever need in airsoft can be found here
http://www.airsoftgi.com/index.php?mobile=false

For $150, a great starter gun would be this
http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=280_351&products_id=7284

Pay attention to what people say about different companies. For me personally, I use a KWA KM4, which runs around $370 but is absolutely superb. Also be careful about fps, because most playing fields, especially in Florida, have an fps limit of 400 or even 350 for cqb.

I run in mostly MILSIM events, the organization that runs these events tours around the country hosting at various military, government or unused properties. You have to be 18, and a competitive gear loadout such as mine will cost you around $1500, but believe me it is awesome.
http://oplionclaws.com/

having fun and getting killed since tour 110
The King of 'Cobras. 350th FG, Tunisia 2016

Air Traffic Controller (Air Warfare/Surface Warfare) 2nd Class, USS John C. Stennis CVN-74

Offline AceHavok

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2012, 12:01:54 PM »
Thanks Wild,

Actually a few days ago I was planning on getting the KM4 RIS,  The field I'm going to play at has a field limit of 450 fps.  About the Thompson.  I like it because it had really good reviews and It looks pretty damn sexy. :)
Currently inactive.

Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding. - Albert Einstein

Offline AceHavok

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2012, 12:04:08 PM »
Good to see ya by the way wild!   :salute  Been awhile since I've been on the game.  I'm planning to make a return in about a week. :)
Currently inactive.

Offline Seanaldinho

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2012, 12:04:48 PM »
I'm thinking of playing airsoft.  Anyone here play it frequently?  If you could give me some tips like,  What type of Airsoft gun, clothing, etc.  I was looking on ebay at a M1A1 Thompson.  going for around $150, it says it's full metal and wooden stock.  shooting around 400fps.

You need 2 full sets of this gear if you want to survive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrAIFP2pfew&list=WLB00FC89411DFC5EB&index=54&feature=plpp_video

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2012, 12:05:51 PM »
Bathing suit and a straw, don't be a wimp.
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline Krupinski

• Gold Member
      • Twitch
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2012, 12:55:44 PM »
I have an electric AK-74u that I'm trying to get rid of. PM me and I'll send you the specs.

Offline AceHavok

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2012, 01:55:25 PM »
Bathing suit and a straw, don't be a wimp.

Going in boxers/T-shirt.  I'm hardcore yo.
Currently inactive.

Offline AceHavok

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2012, 02:06:35 PM »
http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=7345

The limit at my field is 450fps and 6mm bb's.  I don't understand the difference with weights.  Does someone know if these bb's are 6mm?
Currently inactive.

Offline Krupinski

• Gold Member
      • Twitch
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2012, 02:08:45 PM »

The limit at my field is 450fps and 6mm bb's.  I don't understand the difference with weights.  Does someone know if these bb's are 6mm?

I always used .20g white BBs, you'll lose a bit of range but anything lighter than that and they carry with the slightest breeze.

Default BBs are 6mm, unless that page says they're anything different (I didn't see anything) they should be 6mm.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 02:13:16 PM by Krupinski »

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2012, 02:18:23 PM »
Play paintball ;)

Or

Real men just shoot at each other with live rounds. F**k the pain.  :t
Like, ya know, when that thing that makes you move, it has pistons and things, When your thingamajigy is providing power, you do not hear other peoples thingamajig when they are providing power.

HiTech

Offline fbEagle

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2012, 02:37:37 PM »
The heavier the BB usually the more accurate it is. also if its heavier it usually hurts worse lol
<Insert witty remark here>

Offline F22RaptorDude

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2012, 02:41:17 PM »
Considering getting back into it, been looking at airsplat for a good week, or I could go down to the local airsoft place and get a gun there. Since its summer I can get into the gas guns, although the place I go to uses a turbine heater to keep the place as warm as the summer so its perfect any time of year  :D
Reaper in a T-50-2 Scout tank in 10 seconds flat

Offline Wildcat1

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2012, 02:43:20 PM »

The limit at my field is 450fps and 6mm bb's.  I don't understand the difference with weights.  Does someone know if these bb's are 6mm?

All bbs are 6mm unless it says 8mm. For a gun with that fps, i recommend using .25g. This will make the fps go down by a bit, but will greatly improve accuracy and range. Do not use .12g.
having fun and getting killed since tour 110
The King of 'Cobras. 350th FG, Tunisia 2016

Air Traffic Controller (Air Warfare/Surface Warfare) 2nd Class, USS John C. Stennis CVN-74

Offline AceHavok

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2012, 03:05:23 PM »
Play paintball ;)

Or

Real men just shoot at each other with live rounds. F**k the pain.  :t

I have played paintball. :D 

Hurts like hell though and you really don't have the space to move around.  The airsoft field I'm playing at has 75 acres of land. :)
Currently inactive.