Author Topic: Airsoft  (Read 2111 times)

Offline Seanaldinho

• Silver Member
Re: Airsoft
« Reply #75 on: June 12, 2012, 08:52:02 AM »

Speaking of jobs,  I did try to apply for one.  Unfortunately, I didn't get a reply. :(

Theres your problem, Ive applied to half a dozen places and still havent been hired.

Offline F22RaptorDude

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #76 on: June 12, 2012, 09:39:06 AM »
First place I applied for hired me off that bat, now i'm working with my best friend making 8 dollars an hour :D
Reaper in a T-50-2 Scout tank in 10 seconds flat

Offline AceHavok

• Nickel Member
« Reply #77 on: June 13, 2012, 01:35:31 AM »
I'm probably going to apply for a game stop or something when I hit 17. :P
Currently inactive.

Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding. - Albert Einstein

Offline Hoffman

• Copper Member
« Reply #78 on: June 13, 2012, 11:14:31 PM »
Wow I'm looking into getting an outdoor weekend hobby and this sure looks like fun. (And a great use of all my old ROTC gear taking space in my closet)  Anyone know if there's a group that plays anywhere near Austin, Texas?

Offline Zexx

• Zinc Member
« Reply #79 on: June 14, 2012, 04:25:26 PM »
Not that really applies to Air soft directly, but indirectly I plan on opening a MILSIM field for laser tag that uses AIR SOFT rifles and a scope mounted laser emitters. The company is primarily in the planning stages, but the feed back I have gotten from kids of all ages is that they absolutely love the idea.

The concept will run a handful of scenarios weekly, with semi annual and annual events in timed game bloc of 30 minutes apiece complete with Field and mission brief. There is a perk program for return players, First responders, and Military ( to include Retirees and National Guard).
So my question for The Air soft players is simple: What types of Games do you prefer? MILSIM scenario based, Individual death match?
Yes there is a Huge learning curve in flying. It starts on Take off and ends on the glide slope for landing. In short The grade arc is the difference you take between being in the sky or in a mountainside.

Offline AceHavok

• Nickel Member
« Reply #80 on: June 15, 2012, 09:58:33 PM »
Zexx,  Would this be indoor or outdoor?

If it was indoor:  In my opinion I would like to see a little town made of things like plywood with a good amount of buildings.  So you can have a CQB, Capture the flag, and other types of small space games.

If it was outdoor:  My opinion would be a nice large field, with little towns made into it.  Now,  with the outdoor.  You could probably do a Capture the flag games and just fun death matches.

I don't know what kind of environment you need for laser tag,  does light effect that lasers in anyway? 

These are all my opinions thought,  I'm not business adviser or anything.

Warthog
Currently inactive.

Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding. - Albert Einstein

Offline AceHavok

• Nickel Member
« Reply #81 on: June 15, 2012, 10:01:42 PM »
Does anyone know if Cybergun Thompson mags work for King Arms?  I heard somewhere that most are compatible could anyone confirm please?

Thanks,

Warthog
Currently inactive.

Offline F22RaptorDude

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #82 on: June 15, 2012, 10:14:45 PM »
Got my first pay check, gonna go grab some bb's and green gas and do a round Sunday, hope i'm up to it, its been forever
Reaper in a T-50-2 Scout tank in 10 seconds flat

Offline Wildcat1

• Gold Member
« Reply #83 on: June 16, 2012, 02:07:12 AM »
Cybergun might be compatible, but I'd stick with King Arms. You don't want cheap stuff ruining your gun
having fun and getting killed since tour 110
The King of 'Cobras. 350th FG, Tunisia 2016

Air Traffic Controller (Air Warfare/Surface Warfare) 2nd Class, USS John C. Stennis CVN-74

Offline Zexx

• Zinc Member
« Reply #84 on: June 16, 2012, 05:04:06 PM »
Zexx,  Would this be indoor or outdoor?

If it was indoor:  In my opinion I would like to see a little town made of things like plywood with a good amount of buildings.  So you can have a CQB, Capture the flag, and other types of small space games.

If it was outdoor:  My opinion would be a nice large field, with little towns made into it.  Now,  with the outdoor.  You could probably do a Capture the flag games and just fun death matches.

I don't know what kind of environment you need for laser tag,  does light effect that lasers in anyway? 

These are all my opinions thought,  I'm not business adviser or anything.

Warthog

Ace,

Its a Outdoor arena on about 3 acres of land to start with. My business plan calls for rapid expansion to a nominal 5 acres.  But to answer your question, most laser aren't degraded by sun light as they are IR (infra-red), however in rain and snow they degrade some what. Most Lasers on the market can shoot up to 150-300m. The set I plan to use have a max range of 250m making them perfect for the CQB's that I plan to run on my field(s).

I plan on doing theme nights.  Capture the Flag, King of the Hill, Infection (Zombie Apocalypse), and others. These games will be run in and around 8'x40', and 8'x20' milvans (corrugated steel shipping containers) that are placed and/or  mated together to form a small city block (typical  city block on average is 660'x 660', but realistically they can be as big or as small as the city planner needs them to be). So the average City block could hold in excess of 200 Milvans easily. The plan calls for multilevel structures and single level structures. It also allows for Parking and concessions...

I know this seems to be a topic Hijack, but it's not since I am using Air soft guns and what I'm running can easily be converted into an Air soft field within minutes.
Yes there is a Huge learning curve in flying. It starts on Take off and ends on the glide slope for landing. In short The grade arc is the difference you take between being in the sky or in a mountainside.

Offline AceHavok

• Nickel Member
« Reply #85 on: June 17, 2012, 10:30:00 PM »

Ace,

Its a Outdoor arena on about 3 acres of land to start with. My business plan calls for rapid expansion to a nominal 5 acres.  But to answer your question, most laser aren't degraded by sun light as they are IR (infra-red), however in rain and snow they degrade some what. Most Lasers on the market can shoot up to 150-300m. The set I plan to use have a max range of 250m making them perfect for the CQB's that I plan to run on my field(s).

I plan on doing theme nights.  Capture the Flag, King of the Hill, Infection (Zombie Apocalypse), and others. These games will be run in and around 8'x40', and 8'x20' milvans (corrugated steel shipping containers) that are placed and/or  mated together to form a small city block (typical  city block on average is 660'x 660', but realistically they can be as big or as small as the city planner needs them to be). So the average City block could hold in excess of 200 Milvans easily. The plan calls for multilevel structures and single level structures. It also allows for Parking and concessions...

I know this seems to be a topic Hijack, but it's not since I am using Air soft guns and what I'm running can easily be converted into an Air soft field within minutes.

Nah, Vexx your question is completely valid and on topic. :P  I do like the idea of the airsoft field.
Currently inactive.

Offline AceHavok

• Nickel Member
« Reply #86 on: June 17, 2012, 10:31:54 PM »
Also, My King Arm's Thompson for some reason jammed.  No bbs will feed into the gun and it refuses to fire.  It looks like the fire mech is jammed?  Anyone have any tips?

I already put the ramrod in and there where no bbs in the barrel.
Currently inactive.

Offline Wildcat1

• Gold Member
« Reply #87 on: June 18, 2012, 06:12:26 AM »
make sure your magazine is wound up correctly. will it not fire even when you wind up the magazine?
having fun and getting killed since tour 110
The King of 'Cobras. 350th FG, Tunisia 2016

Air Traffic Controller (Air Warfare/Surface Warfare) 2nd Class, USS John C. Stennis CVN-74

Offline AceHavok

• Nickel Member
« Reply #88 on: June 18, 2012, 12:52:55 PM »
No,  The spring in the gun actually jammed,  I have a low cap magazine so there is no wheel on it.  Any help? :S

I made sure the battery is fully charged.
Currently inactive.

Offline AceHavok

• Nickel Member
« Reply #89 on: June 18, 2012, 03:23:09 PM »
Has anyone ever had this problem before?
Currently inactive.