Author Topic: Airsoft  (Read 2107 times)

Offline Wildcat1

• Gold Member
Re: Airsoft
« Reply #90 on: June 18, 2012, 06:14:56 PM »
Would it be possible to take some pictures? I think your gun has a version 2 gearbox, you could look into that on airsoftgi.com

They have a great help center and can help you with just about anything. You could even send it in to get fixed as a last resort, even if you didn't buy from there. Maybe the problem is with the quality of the bbs you are using, maybe one broke inside the gearbox. Let me know what you find out, I can help you but as it is right now I'm kinda shooting in the dark.

:salute

having fun and getting killed since tour 110
The King of 'Cobras. 350th FG, Tunisia 2016

Air Traffic Controller (Air Warfare/Surface Warfare) 2nd Class, USS John C. Stennis CVN-74

Offline AceHavok

• Nickel Member
« Reply #91 on: June 18, 2012, 10:01:53 PM »
It's kinda odd,  The cocking mech is working fine but,  When i cock it back the spring is completely like wedged and won't move.  It won't take any bbs or fire for that matter, it's really hard to show a picture.  I don't want to open the gun because I won't be able to send it back because of the warranty.   :headscratch:
Currently inactive.

Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding. - Albert Einstein

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #92 on: June 19, 2012, 05:34:11 PM »
It's kinda odd,  The cocking mech is working fine but,  When i cock it back the spring is completely like wedged and won't move.  It won't take any bbs or fire for that matter, it's really hard to show a picture.  I don't want to open the gun because I won't be able to send it back because of the warranty.   :headscratch:
Unless King Arms has done something magical (which usually these things are just Marui clones so..) the charging handle is completely nonfunctional.
It's also NOT a V.2/3 gearbox if it's a Marui clone, I think it's 6 or 8. Whatever Marui used in the M14 IIRC, it's been a while.
The important thing is, does the gearbox cycle? Don't worry about firing or anything coming out of the barrel, what happens when you pull the trigger?

Did a bit of research and the gun does appear to be a Marui clone with a version 6 gearbox. This does mean it's not compatible with V.2/3 parts (not that all v.2/3 parts are compatible with each other anyway, there's just a fair amount of crossover between them and they're the most widely used gearboxes), but this design has been around for a while now so it's not like parts aren't widely available.

Also, by knowing how something works it's usually easier to figure out where problems may be arising. This is my experience, at least. This is a generic illustration of an AEG gearbox/firing mechanism. They all work the same way, just with different geometries/layouts; this is a V.2 box
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 07:48:20 PM by Motherland »

Offline AceHavok

• Nickel Member
« Reply #93 on: June 19, 2012, 10:29:45 PM »
When I press the trigger the cogs do not rotate, the spring seems to be stuck in position.  The rounds will not feed into the barrel of the gun.
Currently inactive.

Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding. - Albert Einstein

Offline Wildcat1

• Gold Member
« Reply #94 on: June 19, 2012, 10:42:41 PM »
Did you over charge the battery?
having fun and getting killed since tour 110
The King of 'Cobras. 350th FG, Tunisia 2016

Air Traffic Controller (Air Warfare/Surface Warfare) 2nd Class, USS John C. Stennis CVN-74

Offline AceHavok

• Nickel Member
« Reply #95 on: June 19, 2012, 11:25:25 PM »
No, It was properly charged.
Currently inactive.

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #96 on: June 20, 2012, 02:16:14 AM »
When I press the trigger the cogs do not rotate, the spring seems to be stuck in position.  The rounds will not feed into the barrel of the gun.
Can you hear the motor trying to turn the gears or is it completely dead?
You might have the spring stuck at the fully compressed part of the cycle and the battery/motor doesn't have enough juice to get it the rest of the way from that point, that's a problem I've had a fair bit with my guns. You can do a couple of things here. First would be try to reset the gearbox to the "piston fully forward" position by moving the anti reversal latch out of the way that keeps the gearbox from moving back in the cycle. I know you can do this by just taking the grip + motor off on certain gun/gearbox designs and grabbing the antireversal latch with some needle nose pliers (used to do it a lot on my AKs) but I'm not sure if you can do this with a v.6, or if you'd want to. Looking at some pictures/videos of open v.6 gearboxes it looks like it should be possible to get at the antireversal latch by this method and then pushing on it to reset the gearbox, but it'll depend on the geometry of the gearbox and exactly how much space is between the bevel gear and the gearbox.

The other option is to try to put more juice through your motor. Either try recharging your battery and doing it on a fresh charge, or maybe find someone with a 9.6v batter and see if that goes (I've used this method as well before, definitely).

If the motor's making no noise at all when you pull the trigger, even on a fresh charge, then you've probably got something disconnected in the wiring or a blown fuse (if King Arms puts fuses in their guns, as it's a Marui clone there'll be enough space for one but some clone manufacturers don't put in fuses anyway). It's probably in the buttstock like on an AK.

Offline AceHavok

• Nickel Member
« Reply #97 on: June 20, 2012, 07:01:05 PM »
I called the company I got the airsoft gun from,  They will send me a brand new one.
Currently inactive.

Offline AceHavok

• Nickel Member
« Reply #98 on: June 24, 2012, 02:22:07 PM »
Anyone know any lower priced high cap magazines for King Arm's Thompsons?  I looked all over and it's all outrageous shipping prices.
Currently inactive.

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #99 on: June 24, 2012, 03:29:42 PM »
Are you guys sure magazines for the Marui Thompson aren't compatible? Everything I've seen seems to indicate the KA is just a clone and the mags are indeed compatible.
All the websites I've seen explicitly state that they are cross-compatible as well.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 03:31:22 PM by Motherland »

Offline AceHavok

• Nickel Member
« Reply #100 on: June 24, 2012, 07:42:08 PM »
I've looked into that too, All the pictures I've seen of them look almost identical to the ones King Arm's sells.
Currently inactive.

Offline AceHavok

• Nickel Member
« Reply #101 on: June 24, 2012, 08:01:14 PM »
Just bought a 380 round high cap magazine.  Can't wait to get back on the field. :)
Currently inactive.

Offline AceHavok

• Nickel Member
« Reply #102 on: June 30, 2012, 09:29:32 PM »
Got the magazine today, Didn't run out of ammo one time in all the games I played today. :)

Note to self: Shotguns hurt.
Currently inactive.

Offline Hoffman

• Copper Member
« Reply #103 on: July 01, 2012, 03:01:10 PM »
Wooo! Played my first airsoft skirmish today.  What a blast, and dear heavens I've managed to let myself get fat and out of shape, 5 minutes of IMT and I'm panting like a dog.

Played 6 games in all with about 15 people (off-day for Austin Airsoft).

Running a Classic Army LWRCM6 AEG.  This week I'll be getting my side-arm (KWA 1911) for close quarters and I'll be heading to Operation: Texas Star this Saturday with a bunch of us from Austin.

Lots of fun.

Offline AceHavok

• Nickel Member
« Reply #104 on: July 02, 2012, 12:43:22 AM »
It's an amazing sport.  :aok
Currently inactive.