Author Topic: Realistic Puffy Ack  (Read 4864 times)

Online Tracerfi

• Silver Member
Realistic Puffy Ack
« on: June 10, 2012, 01:04:09 PM »
As I have gotten  :furious about this one before the Ack seems to strong in the arenas In WW2 films a have seen it does not to that much damage Just wondering if this is possbile and guys I dont want this to be one whole Mess thread so please keep it short

RedBaron  :bolt:
You cannot beat savages by becoming one.

He who must not be named

Offline Melvin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: Realistic Puffy Ack
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2012, 01:19:44 PM »
We've got it pretty easy...

See Rule #4

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2012, 01:36:08 PM »
As I have gotten  :furious about this one before the Ack seems to strong in the arenas In WW2 films a have seen it does not to that much damage Just wondering if this is possbile and guys I dont want this to be one whole Mess thread so please keep it short

Look at what ack guns are available on a warship in game, now look at a real New Orleans class Heavy Cruiser (USS Vincesses):

6x 8 inch guns forward
3x 8 inch guns rear
4x 5 inch Mk 10 guns Left Side
4x 5 inch guns right side
8x twin 40mm Bofors left side
8x twin 40mm Bofos right side
10-20x 20mm Oerlikon AA Guns left side
10-20x 20mm Oerlikon AA guns right side

Do you really want to whine about the ACK? Let HTC add ALL of the gun batteries of a Heavy Cruiser/Anti Aircraft Cruiser or Light Cruiser and watch when you can't even get within 6k of a Carrier fleet because its unstoppable, your only gamble is to climb to 20k and dive bomb the CV and hop you can make it through the ack and the majority of the time you won't.

In my opinion we have some 1941 AAA Setup, if HTC ever decided to beef up the ACK he could goto a 1944 setup and nobody would dare go near a Carrier TF period.

Look at our Cruiser in game, only twin 5 inch Forward, twin 5 inch Aft. Lets add 6 more twin 5 inch to a cruiser and see what realism looks like.
JG 52

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2012, 01:57:05 PM »

I'll keep it short,

Your Wrong !

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2012, 02:04:18 PM »

absolutely right :aok

puffy modelling is a bad joke.
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2012, 02:24:51 PM »

He-111 damaged by flak.  It was some pretty nifty flying and a miracle the He-111 made it home to its base in Italy.

Unfortunately, these guys weren't as lucky as these planes (and probably crew) never made it home.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2012, 02:29:50 PM »
I cant remember the last time I saw level bombers like that torn up by puffy in AH.

maneuvering high speed fighters sure, but not buffs flying straight and level.
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2012, 02:37:40 PM »
I cant remember the last time I saw level bombers like that torn up by puffy in AH.

maneuvering high speed fighters sure, but not buffs flying straight and level.
That is a function of the "hit point" damage model, not so much the ack.  A Bf109 takes a hit for 50 hit points to the wing root and the Bf109's inner wing has 35 hit points causing the Bf109 to lose its wing.  A B-17G takes the same hit, but its inner wing has 150 hit points which causes the game to show a few holes in the B-17's wing.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline AceHavok

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2012, 10:03:28 PM »
If you want realistic carrier ack, look at a picture of a Atlanta Class light cruiser.  Also,  look at a Allen M. Sumner class destroyer,  6 5in cannons.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 10:07:08 PM by AceHavok »
Currently inactive.

Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding. - Albert Einstein

Offline Raphael

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2012, 10:08:53 PM »
realistic would mean a lot harder to survive just on going by a CV
Remember 08/08/2012
 Youtube videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/raphael103/featured
Game ID => Raphael
XO of Jg5

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2012, 10:10:16 PM »

If you watch the puffy ack clouds closely, you'll notice that each 'puff-cloud' is identical in shape.

Just sayin'

Coogan  :)
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline AceHavok

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2012, 12:13:28 AM »
I got 1-hit by ack once!  or maybe I ran into a mountain?  Nerf the mountains!   :banana:
Currently inactive.

Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding. - Albert Einstein

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2012, 12:38:51 AM »
drive cv on shore, vulch cap via auto puffy ack.. yep good gameplay.  :aok

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2012, 07:38:38 AM »
Auto puffy is stupid. Simple solution? Make the manned 5in gunner able to control the real amount of guns on a ship. Kinda like how bomber gunners work. Man one position, control 10+ guns.

That way, the REAL threat to a CV can be killed and the faraway targets going at 400mph in a dive doesn't get insta pilot killed because he went to 3001 ft.

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2012, 08:35:04 AM »
drive cv on shore, vulch cap via auto puffy ack.. yep good gameplay.  :aok

My solution is to disable Puffy ack once a Carrier enters a radar ring of an enemy base, this controls the ack capping of carriers, and requires people to actively defend the carrier once its within range of an enemy base.

Seems fair since they can fly above 3k and if you are taking off and climb to 3k you get blown away from puffy.
JG 52