Author Topic: Favorite Aces High memories?  (Read 8369 times)

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Favorite Aces High memories?
« Reply #60 on: June 20, 2012, 08:08:55 PM »
X-Mas eve, 2005 in the TA with Zud.  JG11 was born.

Saturday nights in the old Tank Town.

The Punchbowl Incident

The Boston Masacre

The Morfiend/Mossie Affair.

Stampf,

Some of the best nights I've had in AH have been with you,just last friday was 1 of those I wont forget for a long time! :aok

Hopefully when I get my 150th sortie we can put the morfiend/mossie affair to bed! :pray    You know the mossie hold a special place in my heart and I tried to make up for it with those 2 16's a51 and a temp but no that wasnt good enough... :rofl :rofl

If I only would have bagged a single mossie we would have got that 50th kill. :furious

Good times and great memories that what AH is all about.

:salute

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #61 on: June 20, 2012, 08:31:24 PM »
I could easily get carried away with all the good memories and bore the crowd to tears, so I'm limiting myself to the first one that came to mind when I saw the thread.

The first DGS Scenario.  GL of the 474th FG flying P38s.  As it was a scenario my group was made up of a mix of squaddies and folks from other squads.  All were there for the same reason it seemed, a love of 38s and history.

We were climbing out on our way to rendezvous with the bombers.  The terrain was winter and we were above broken clouds.  There was time to kill on the way.  Someone started talking about a relative who had been in WW2.  This lead to others remembering relatives or people they'd met that had seen action during the war.  Outside the flights of 4 kept climbing and before I knew it, I could feel the 'cold' seeping into the cockpit.  It seemed like I could touch the cockpit glass and my cartoon pilot felt just a little bit real, or at least as real as my imagination, a life long love for WW2 aviation history and a computer game could make him.

I remember thinking how lucky I felt to 'be there' that day with these folks who shared the same interest.  I went back to the film later to see what it looked like.  Probably my favorite screenshot of all time.  Not filled with action, but a bunch of cartoon 38 drivers on the way to do cartoon combat over cartoon Germany.

Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #62 on: June 20, 2012, 08:56:26 PM »
How soon afterward did the PMs and/or ch 200 cheater calls start going out?

Wish you had that on film, sir...  :salute
we both were in shock and <S>'d nothing more. cept me still in shock that i managed to pull it off... :confused:

more pure luck and reflex that he was in my gunsight. usually the maneuver just makes them blow by really quick and losing their aim (at least for me)
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #63 on: June 21, 2012, 02:48:00 PM »

Stampf,

Some of the best nights I've had in AH have been with you,just last friday was 1 of those I wont forget for a long time! :aok

Hopefully when I get my 150th sortie we can put the morfiend/mossie affair to bed! :pray    You know the mossie hold a special place in my heart and I tried to make up for it with those 2 16's a51 and a temp but no that wasnt good enough... :rofl :rofl

If I only would have bagged a single mossie we would have got that 50th kill. :furious

Good times and great memories that what AH is all about.

:salute

:aok

A whole lot of good times on Friday nights spent together my friend.  Believe me, you guys make it special for me too!
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #64 on: June 21, 2012, 03:18:37 PM »
And let me add making some GREAT ones now ! I haved learned alot just in the last few month thanks to some great guy's ...
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 03:20:12 PM by Flench »
Army of Muppets-"Failure is impossible"-Death before dishonor
         Lead follow or get out of the way  !!

Offline BFOOT1

• Silver Member
« Reply #65 on: June 21, 2012, 04:13:12 PM »
My first would be my very first kill which took place so many years ago. I was flying Knight in a P-51 D, and there was the huge battle over some rook base, I found a 109 and just hammered away and that was my first kill.
My first FSO flight with VF-15 Satans Playmates now G3-MF. I was flying a P-39 we where the russians, and I shot down two Me-110s.
Then my first 262 kill which happened about a week and half ago. I was in my P-51 D and this huy was buzzing a field we were trying to capture, so he was coming in from my 10'O clock, and where co-alt, so I pulled the trigger and KA-BOOOOMMMMM he went, then I landed 4 kills with him being my fourth  :salute
Member of G3MF
III Gruppe, 8 Staffel, JG52, flying Black 12 (Kuban Scenario)

Offline greens

• Silver Member
« Reply #66 on: June 21, 2012, 06:16:47 PM »
WOOOOWOOOOO

don't shoot the greens.
uh.......... hey now calm down sonny. you'll get ur chance someday

greens
_-=ELIM EAGLES=-_
in loving memory of OZ <Eagles21>
 miss you bro!

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: June 22, 2012, 12:25:11 AM »
My best AH memory is my first sortie in P40B. I was in MA and had a long fight at the vicinity of an enemy airfield (not vulching).

I managed to get 5 kills before being forced to return home with several parts missing. I had 1 aileron, wingtip and half elev gone + engine smoke.

While limping home I got yet another kill when someone finished a plane I had wounded - yay 6 kills in 40B... And I was already in friendly radar range! Then I see an LA7 approaching behind me. It's getting closer. Closer. No friendlies around. I'm thinking nooooooo I can't believe I failed to land this just by this one tard zooming supersonic after me.

I wasn't going to give up without a fight though so I tried to gain the speed I could by going to the deck - not much help due to the missing wingtip. The LA7 came within shooting range - so I do the best break I could with full rudder and stick deflection. He missed...

The LA is way too fast so he shoots up and sets for a second attack. I spray my last bullets after him. The LA zooms back down, I make an another evasive now sure of death. BOOOOM the LA augers. My 7th kill - and yes I got to land them :D
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline TheMercinary60

• Copper Member
« Reply #68 on: June 22, 2012, 01:10:30 AM »
i think my favorite memories, will always be when the 99th Blue Lagoon Bandits were still together, one sticks out in my mind though

it was close to reset on the map we (Knights) were about to win, one bases away i think, so our CO XBlack decides to send us on a big (for us) bombing run, we go to take off, and not 2 minutes later all 5 or so of us in bombers crash into the mountain in front of us... kinda miss the old squad  :cheers:
Formally Merc flying with the 99th Blue Lagoon Bandits
I wish people would use the wish list forum to post their brilliant ideas, and be smart enough to not post all their stupid ones.

But I am under no disillusions of my wish ever being fulfilled.

HiTech - in response to davidwales

Offline newguy

• Nickel Member

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #70 on: June 22, 2012, 11:59:25 AM »
This   http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,758.0.html
trumped

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,52499.0.html
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #71 on: June 22, 2012, 12:03:43 PM »
Got to DA with pervert last night. He taught me a few things on why I keep getting shot down (which I somewhat already knew but I'm an idiot and never learn  ;) ). He gave me one heck of a hard time just trying to get behind him. One of my favorite AH moments yet!

:salute pervert

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #72 on: June 23, 2012, 12:10:55 AM »
Mine is yet to come, the day HT finally upgrade the yak...  :furious

<S>...-Gixer

Offline M0nkey_Man

• Gold Member
« Reply #73 on: June 23, 2012, 04:37:27 AM »
 Landing at an enemy field with my engine out by accident
Kommando Nowotny "Tip of the dull butter knife"
delta07
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association of P-38 Pilots

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #74 on: June 23, 2012, 06:34:02 AM »
Landing at an enemy field with my engine out by accident

A few versions back it was possible to succesfully land to deacked enemy field. Not anymore.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone