Author Topic: Scoring question  (Read 365 times)

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
Scoring question
« on: June 18, 2012, 05:31:44 PM »
Any idea what happened here?  I was in a Panther G, which costs 12 perk points.  I got 5 kills and died.  There is a 1.25 perk point bonus.  When I bought it (if that is how it is calculated, and not when I lost it), we were not in the majority, so cost shouldn't have been more.  Yet I lost 16 perk points.  Not that the perk points are a big deal, but how is this being calculated?  I would have expected a loss of 8 -10 points on this one.

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
Re: Scoring question
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2012, 05:48:09 PM »
When you up in a tank it shows you what the value of the tank costs - it could of been 16 perks at the time you upped and dropped down to 12 perks when you died.

There are times when its 12 perks and you get 40 kills and die and still lose 9 perks or so, it really depends on the type of tanks you kill - T34/40 and 4F will not yield any perks for a Panther, you can literally destroy 100 and still lose perks if you die.
Simply because a Panzer F and T34/40 should not kill you in any tactical sense - however if one does, he will get a boatload of perks for it.

In this screenshot being you lost 16.01 perks, I would guess you upped a PantherG around 17 perks, got a few kills and dropped down to 16.01 when you died.

Edited:

It does not matter what the cost in the Hanger is - when you spawn it will tell you the perk value of the tank you took, it might be 15 in the Hanger, by the time you spawn it could JUMP or decline. However this value of perks is what is TAKEN out of your hanger total perks.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 05:51:57 PM by Butcher »
JG 52

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Scoring question
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2012, 06:19:07 PM »
 Perk costs are updated in realtime,to calculate compare eny of your tank verses the tank you killed.  if you have a 5 eny and kill a 20 eny you get.25 perks so you's need 4 kills to get just 1 point.  This does not factor in perk modifier!

As squeaker said what the cost is in the hanger it's the cost at spawn because as I said it's updated in real time. there could have been 10 players log on between selecting and spawning and this will be reflected in the cost,same as if 10 players logged off.

hope that helps!

:salute