Author Topic: FPS  (Read 3873 times)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: FPS
« Reply #90 on: June 26, 2012, 12:18:51 PM »
the problem is not really the game, but more they dont really understand the limits of their own set up.  I have a pretty fast computer with an above normal gpu but I wouldnt think of running graphics at 8192 as I know that my system cant.  however I know that my system can do shadows at 4096 and get full frames.  my old system could do 2048 shadows at full frames.

having said that, I still dont know why I cant do more than 50 fps in world of tanks.  and I lag like crazy when I add custom sounds.  you think with my set up I shouldnt have a problem.  but I am not as familiar with my set up and wot as I am with aces high.

I have only had problems playing aces high even with my old gateway dual core twice.  I couldnt figure out why I couldnt use the ' key to give check sixes and I couldnt zoom in and out of tanks.  other than that I could play with frames at about 20.  once i switched from dial up to dsl my frames went to 40's and I could see everything better.  after I decided to build my own computer I could almost max out all the settings.  except for the 8196 shadows, that I know for sure my sytem cant handle it.  why you are even trying to play with shadows that high just tell me that you dont know your limitations.  a wise man once said " a man gotta know his limitiations", i think you should learn the limitations of your system.  then the comparison from another game to ah will be more even.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #91 on: June 26, 2012, 12:49:08 PM »
When have I ever said I "wanted" to run the game at 8192 shadows? A wise man once said "It pays to read".

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #92 on: June 26, 2012, 01:24:50 PM »

Turn on smooth shadows or 8192 shadows and AH turns into singe digits and is unplayable.

I've tried turning each settings on one by one, the moment I change a setting that is not this:
Detailed Terrain
Detailed Water
Water Reflections
Bump Map My Vehicle/Plane
Shadow Textures - 512
Terrain Detail Range - 2.0K
"Detail or Faster" slider - Detail

the game begins to lag/stutter.

Do pray tell then why my performance in AH is mediocre and the graphics are still bad. Yet my performance in Wings of Prey is flawless and the graphics make AH look like poo?

When have I ever said I "wanted" to run the game at 8192 shadows? A wise man once said "It pays to read".

it sure does.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #93 on: June 26, 2012, 01:29:26 PM »
Right....I said I attempted to turn it on... :huh Tell me..you trolled the "WTG Top Gun" thread...now you're trying to troll me...do tell you're not Midway, Manawar, or vDallas.

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #94 on: June 26, 2012, 01:37:53 PM »
Right....I said I attempted to turn it on... :huh Tell me..you trolled the "WTG Top Gun" thread...now you're trying to troll me...do tell you're not Midway, Manawar, or vDallas.

From your posts I was thinking you may be one of those.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)