Author Topic: In case you missed BFM training  (Read 596 times)

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
In case you missed BFM training
« on: June 26, 2012, 10:22:13 AM »
I will be in the training arena from 7-9pm tonight EST 7/26/2012 to re-lecture Rolex's BFM training course in case anyone missed it. Its unofficial of course, if you need to book an official training clinic contact a Trainer.

I will cover the Basics in Angel of Attack Geomatry, Offensive BFM and Defensive BFM, shouldn't take but more then an hour or so.
JG 52

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: In case you missed BFM training
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 04:56:09 PM »
I will be in the training arena from 7-9pm tonight EST 7/26/2012 to re-lecture Rolex's BFM training course in case anyone missed it. Its unofficial of course, if you need to book an official training clinic contact a Trainer.

I will cover the Basics in Angel of Attack Geomatry, Offensive BFM and Defensive BFM, shouldn't take but more then an hour or so.

Maybe I'm misreading you but are you confusing angle of attack with pursuit curves?

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 05:27:03 PM »
Maybe I'm misreading you but are you confusing angle of attack with pursuit curves?

Angels of attack geomatry is the difference measured in degrees between your heading and the bandits.
You need to know your aspect angle, compared to the bandit and range before you can even enter a pursuit curve.

1. Positional
2. pursuit curves
3. weapon envelope

JG 52

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2012, 06:27:20 PM »
Angle of attack is the angle of the wing to the relative wind. It determines the coefficient of lift, the amount of lift generated by your speed.

Aspect angle is basically the angle between an aircraft's fuselage and your line of sight.

Pursuit curves basically refer to pointing your aircraft's nose or lift vector at, ahead, or behind your target.

The angular difference between flight paths is the angle off tail or track crossing angle.

Terms can be confusing, sometimes I mix up aspect angle and angle off tail because they are similar.  When common terms are used with no
reference to their actual meaning they become less useful and understanding the concepts becomes more difficult.

« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 06:35:18 PM by FLS »