Author Topic: joeblack strikes again  (Read 2461 times)

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
Re: joeblack strikes again
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2012, 04:27:39 PM »
Actually, his connection is not the problem.  Yours is.

"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2012, 04:34:23 PM »
Actually, his connection is not the problem.  Yours is.  I just measured the pings from the server to you and to him.  You came in at 250ms and dropping packets badly.  His is around 65ms and dropping some packets as well.  The overall time lag between you and him is around 325ms.

There is really nothing you can do to improve your lag problems without switching to another ISP.

isn't it also true that him viewing it from only his perspective is not giving him an accurate view of where joe was at the time :headscratch:

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2012, 04:44:54 PM »
isn't it also true that him viewing it from only his perspective is not giving him an accurate view of where joe was at the time :headscratch:

The two computers would have them both at very different places.  joeblack appeared to have a shooting solution on his computer, or dolby would not have seen any rounds hitting him.  When joeblack hit dolby, the game simply drew the rounds from joeblacks plane to his plane, even though it is a wild angle.

If dolby had a shooting solution, joeblack would have seen the wild angle of the rounds as well.

There is no solution to the time displacement problem.  All you can do is realize when the rounds are hitting you, that you are ina position that is giving the other player a firing solution and you need to move fast.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2012, 04:48:28 PM »
The two computers would have them both at very different places.  joeblack appeared to have a shooting solution on his computer, or dolby would not have seen any rounds hitting him.  When joeblack hit dolby, the game simply drew the rounds from joeblacks plane to his plane, even though it is a wild angle.

If dolby had a shooting solution, joeblack would have seen the wild angle of the rounds as well.

There is no solution to the time displacement problem.  All you can do is realize when the rounds are hitting you, that you are ina position that is giving the other player a firing solution and you need to move fast.

Thanks just what I figured.  :salute

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2012, 06:12:52 PM »
Actually, his connection is not the problem.  Yours is.  I just measured the pings from the server to you and to him.  You came in at 250ms and dropping packets badly.  
250ms seems a little high. I get 150ms to the game servers that often goes as low as 130ms. Unless I'm downloading off Steam, which I switch off when I'm flying.

I offer a Screenshot from a few minutes ago.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 06:14:43 PM by LCADolby »
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Melvin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2012, 06:17:02 PM »
I've seen Joeblack and a few others in action before. It's quite frustrating to deal with.

So riddle me this:

When several players have the same problem with one warping player (out of a multi ship furball), does that mean that all of the players who are witnessing the warpage have bad connections?

Because I've been in furballs where everybody is saying, "Look at that guy warp, it's ridiculous!!!"  Meet Joeblack.
See Rule #4

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2012, 09:57:29 PM »
Joeblack was throwing that 152 about pretty nice! I see that other stuff from time to time its just lag but connections being connections its impossible to tell if its yours or his.

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2012, 10:04:56 PM »
If everyone is warping around you, your connection is the problem.

If one guy is warping and everyone around you doesn't, his connection is the problem.

Joeblack warps so much it makes others warp into the ground trying to shoot him.

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2012, 10:45:18 PM »
If everyone is warping around you, your connection is the problem.

If one guy is warping and everyone around you doesn't, his connection is the problem.

Joeblack warps so much it makes others warp into the ground trying to shoot him.

I agree.  I can see others when they are warping.  Usually when it happens to me, I may have a mini-freeze on my screen.  When this first happened to me I didn't know anything about warping around and
lag.  Still don't know a whole lot.  Now, if I'm sure I'm warping, I'll just log off and try to connect again and hope for stability.  Not blaming the game at all, since it's more than likely something
trying to auto-update on my end.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2012, 06:32:22 AM »
Generally speaking, warping is caused by dropped packets, and/or wide swings in variance.  A general rule of thumb is if everyone around you is warping it is you that is the problem.  If only one player is warping it is his problem.

However, you can both have great connections with absolutely horrible time displacement issues.  Two players from Japan, fighting each other, are probably the worst case scenario.  The time displacement between them will be measured in seconds, not milliseconds.   Neither may warp a bit, but they will both be frustrated as rounds come from near 90 degrees off.

joeblack may be warping due to dropped packets, problems with his computer, or a plethora of other things that can cause this effect.  The thing is, this is also happening on his computer.  It is not just yours it is impacting.  If you see him warp, he sees you warp.

dolby, the ISP you use is known to have dropped packets and wild variances during our prime time in the U.S.  I have never met anyone from your country who has had good things to say about the ISP you are using.  When I ran my test, I noted your connection was dropping 12% of its packets.  That will cause warping, especially in high speed, high G maneuvers.  I also noted joeblacks connection was dropping packets as well.  Between the both of you, I cannot say, with any certainty at all, who would have had the worse impact between you two.

The bad thing about a post like this is joeblack is never going to be able to have a chance to enjoy the game, as he has now been tagged, by the community.  So every fight he gets in will be watched with a bias, no matter what he does.  This is one of many reason why these types of posts are so detrimental and why we loathe them.

It is not the proper way to approach these issues.  It is simply a witch hunt to further strengthen a bias towards another player.  What is truly sad, is we, at HTC, are happy to run connection tests and analyze what is going on.  There is no good reason to come to this board and use it to berate another player.  It does nothing for the community, except build more angst and incite more frustration.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 08:37:18 AM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2012, 08:15:42 AM »
The thing that bugs me the most is that joeblack must know he's warping right? So why is he still playing this game? It's near unplayable with such a bad connection like his. It wasn't just a one time thing, it's every single time to the point where most of the players describe having a bad connection as "flying like joeblack". It's ridiculous. And yes, I understand your PoV as a business not wanting to lose customers, but Id rather lose one than cause multiple to bang their head everytime they come across joeblack. Just my opinion, don't bite my head off.

P.S. Can you test my connection Skuzzy? :)

semp

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2012, 08:34:22 AM »
The thing that bugs me the most is that joeblack must know he's warping right? So why is he still playing this game? It's near unplayable with such a bad connection like his. It wasn't just a one time thing, it's every single time to the point where most of the players describe having a bad connection as "flying like joeblack". It's ridiculous. And yes, I understand your PoV as a business not wanting to lose customers, but Id rather lose one than cause multiple to bang their head everytime they come across joeblack. Just my opinion, don't bite my head off.

P.S. Can you test my connection Skuzzy? :)

This is not about losing a customer.  It is about how threads, like this one, which accomplish nothing but getting people to focus on a player and scream every time something odd happens in the game and he is in view.  Posts like this come off as 'look at me' posts which seek to accomplish nothing positive.  If dolby actually wanted a resolution, then he (or anyone having a problem with a player) would have contacted us directly.

Practically everyone in this thread has been around long enough to know that is the process to get something done.  Ergo, dolby is not looking for a resolution.

I looked at the number of sorties joeblack has flown and he actually has fewer complaints against him, per sortie, than many other players do (not all are network/Internet related).  I use that as a yardstick to know whether or not we have a problem with someone.  Posts on the bulletin board are useless as there are too many people who would jump on this and go, "Oh yeah, I am pretty sure I have run into this and blah, blah, blah", just to part of the beatings.  You would be surprised how many times I see someone jump in on the beating bandwagon when they do not have a game account.

I am seeing routing issues with your connection titanic.  Funny thing is, I tested it from within your ISP's network and it is internal to your ISP.  Usually it is some type of interaction issue between two different ISP's.  I used your game ISP, as you seem to have another connection you use for the bulletin board, at times.

That is at this minute.  An hour from now, it could change.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 08:39:23 AM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2012, 08:40:30 AM »
The bad thing about a post like this is joeblack is never going to be able to have a chance to enjoy the game, as he has now been tagged, by the community.  So every fight he gets in will be watched with a bias, no matter what he does.  This is one of many reason why these types of posts are so detrimental and why we loathe them.

It is not the proper way to approach these issues.  It is simply a witch hunt to further strengthen a bias towards another player.  What is truly sad, is we, at HTC, are happy to run connection tests and analyze what is going on.  There is no good reason to come to this board and use it to berate another player.  It does nothing for the community, except build more angst and incite more frustration.

For starters, I never ever see a number of players warp around me, I don't have that issue, rubber bullets perhaps, but not numerous warpy players. I've dueled people from USA and my home country on the AH server and seen at first hand from my films the displascement. Everytime being no more than a plane length or so away. So we are talking 20-30 yards, which is completely acceptable, we are well drilled in that "are all pulling a little target around". But 100+ yards is excessive, especially when it's impossible to tell out how out of sync he was. Had I known I would've sought to attack him  with more vigour and get out of my airspace before his connection had the chance to ruin my fun.

My ISP BT is the national provider; changing ISP would keep my service (outside of callcentres,) exactly the same.

JoeBlack doesn't require a witch hunt, he is well known long before this post/film for his ability to warp space and time, he even has a fugi cartoon.
This post doesn't create bias, it's well known issue with JoeB.

I don'tgo to support with any issues; after the last time I attempted to, the experience and non-resolution of that issue wasn't satisfactory.

JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2012, 08:43:20 AM »
I am seeing routing issues with your connection titanic.  Funny thing is, I tested it from within your ISP's network and it is internal to your ISP.  Usually it is some type of interaction issue between two different ISP's.  I used your game ISP, as you seem to have another connection you use for the bulletin board, at times.

That is at this minute.  An hour from now, it could change.

Ah, could be because I browse the BBS with my iPad more than I do with the PC.

semp

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2012, 08:50:27 AM »
Practically everyone in this thread has been around long enough to know that is the process to get something done.  Ergo, dolby is not looking for a resolution.

I looked at the number of sorties joeblack has flown and he actually has fewer complaints against him, per sortie, than many other players do (not all are network/Internet related).
People stop officially complaining and complain on vox, when the issue is pretty much AHfolklaw, so resolution is just as likely as me taking up religion.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho