Author Topic: Make take town fields unable to be captured  (Read 1296 times)

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
Re: Make take town fields unable to be captured
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2012, 08:07:43 PM »
htc should get rid of ENY limiting, give nukes for b29's, everyone can join 1 side, and "win the war" every time.  :aok

I so want to quote this :)
JG 52

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2012, 08:20:06 PM »
I'd give it a shot.  TT seems to be a fair bit like the dueling arena and it's good to have those types of players in the MA in my opinion.  Tank town is supposed to be a good place for a 3 way fight at all times so why not let it stay that way with uncapturable bases?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 08:56:10 PM by Rob52240 »
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2012, 08:44:58 PM »
I'd give it a shot.  TT seems to be a fair bit like the dueling arena and it's good to have those types of players in the MA in my opinion.  Tank town is supposed to be a good place for a 3 way fight at all times so why not let it stay that way?

Reason I ask is because DA you have no perks and F3 mode (though I can't recall last time someone was busted with F3) , Main Arena would be nice for those who want to test their skills without any bs.
JG 52

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2012, 08:56:19 PM »
fixed
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2012, 10:17:50 PM »
Reason I ask is because DA you have no perks and F3 mode (though I can't recall last time someone was busted with F3) , Main Arena would be nice for those who want to test their skills without any bs.

what brings more bs to the ma than getting perks/points?.  if you want to test your skills then da on one of the bases.  it will be a truly no bs as you dont lose/win  points/perks.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2012, 11:20:03 PM »
what brings more bs to the ma than getting perks/points?.  if you want to test your skills then da on one of the bases.  it will be a truly no bs as you dont lose/win  points/perks.

semp

Main Arena perks are involved, ever flown in the DA lakes recently? it's entirely perk planes with F3 view or as I call it "World of Planes".
If someone wants to risk a perk plane over Tank/Fighter town then it comes from their pockets, Dueling arena there is unlimited perks, difference is in the Main arena not everyone would be so eager to fly perk planes.

Fighter/Tank town is about having fun, finding a fight right off the bat, I still haven't seen one credible reason to do away with it.
JG 52

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2012, 06:27:24 PM »
all this time here and you are ignorant of the fact that the war was implemented to promote COMBAT.....the FOCAL point of the arena's........ ALL arena's....everything in AH is about COMBAT........... virtual COMBAT.......using WW2 equipment... wouldn't think someone with your history here would even question that..... let alone....put out a completely wrong statement.

I dont think my statement is wrong ...the focal point of the arena is War and the war has been created to generate conflict.....ergo combat follows.... I can take this debate right back to AWII/III as capture was added to the game there.

Yup playing since 96 thats the fact I have observed regarding arena gameplay setup. Pure combat can be generated in all sorts of game play models like WOT for instance where there is no WAR just Combat. In AH main arenas there is a war and without that war the conflict/combat would be quite different.

HTC can say what it like's on the cover page but the MA is set for War, it rewards the winners of War, it rewards the survivors of War, it is the focal point

it is also the carrier for conflict which allows a great deal of choice re style of conflict, place of conflict, advantages in conflict, etc etc

ergo alt monkeys, pickers, vultures, hordes, bomblards, milkrunners etc etc...we all get to choose but the only common theme is the war whether we wish to ignore it or not.
Ludere Vincere

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2012, 07:15:05 PM »
I dont think my statement is wrong ...the focal point of the arena is War and the war has been created to generate conflict.....ergo combat follows.... I can take this debate right back to AWII/III as capture was added to the game there.

Yup playing since 96 thats the fact I have observed regarding arena gameplay setup. Pure combat can be generated in all sorts of game play models like WOT for instance where there is no WAR just Combat. In AH main arenas there is a war and without that war the conflict/combat would be quite different.

HTC can say what it like's on the cover page but the MA is set for War, it rewards the winners of War, it rewards the survivors of War, it is the focal point

it is also the carrier for conflict which allows a great deal of choice re style of conflict, place of conflict, advantages in conflict, etc etc

ergo alt monkeys, pickers, vultures, hordes, bomblards, milkrunners etc etc...we all get to choose but the only common theme is the war whether we wish to ignore it or not.

I can respect that opinion...and I do understand why you say that.... seeings how every aspect in AH is part of the "war"..but I believe htc said himself the "war" is to promote combat.....you can not deny this is a combat sim.....so when people who pay to play a combat sim.... avoid combat........at all costs...... it gets annoying and seems quite pathetic they don't want their cartoon to die...

I believe that's what it comes down to...they think if their cartoon stays alive/take that base.... they "win" even if it meant running from a hicon or whatever....

me I just don't understand that thinking.