Author Topic: Why am I not an awesome pilot yet?  (Read 11580 times)

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
Re: Why am I not an awesome pilot yet?
« Reply #135 on: July 11, 2012, 02:40:35 AM »
so midway, to sum up, you want to progress more, by doing exactly the same thing you've been doing for 2 years, and which proved to be inefficient? The most funny thing is that you even are asking advice, without any intention of following it  :rofl

that's insanity right there

Its a cheap analogy but do you think martial artists get to choose what their training is?
now posting as SirNuke

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #136 on: July 11, 2012, 02:41:56 AM »
Well you obstruct your own progress, yet you seem to want not face it. When I said you cannot defeat yourself, I'm talking about how your particular character, you, as the entity which is Midway, how elements of that prevent you achieving your self-declared goal. Are you even aware of these?

Well, I am making much progress, although also spend much time to do so.  But, tell me more please? :headscratch:
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 02:47:38 AM by Midway »

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #137 on: July 11, 2012, 02:47:10 AM »
so midway, to sum up, you want to progress more, by doing exactly the same thing you've been doing for 2 years, and which proved to be inefficient? The most funny thing is that you even are asking advice, without any intention of following it  :rofl

that's insanity right there

Its a cheap analogy but do you think martial artists get to choose what their training is?

But I am making progress, by doing different things.  Nrshida will tell you the difference between when he first helped me in the DA and now.  Pervert pointed out that I was the only pilot smart enough to extend and enter my fight with The Few co-E... So to say I am not making progress is understating the truth.  I can/should however make more progress faster which is a reason for my OP. :headscratch:

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #138 on: July 11, 2012, 02:48:31 AM »
the answer your question actually lays within the question/s and bollocks ..... the amount of time you spend thinking up the troll both here and on 200 detracts from time spent better on SA to be the awesome pilot you wish to be..... in essence... if you spent as much time concentrating on your SA/ACM/intuitive motions as you do trolling and one upping on 200 and here, I'm sure you would notice a huge improvement and possibly have bruv wiping your butt as you do his... have you noticed an improvement whilst not bantering on 200?

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #139 on: July 11, 2012, 02:49:44 AM »
the answer your question actually lays within the question/s and bollocks ..... the amount of time you spend thinking up the troll both here and on 200 detracts from time spent better on SA to be the awesome pilot you wish to be..... in essence... if you spent as much time concentrating on your SA/ACM/intuitive motions as you do trolling and one upping on 200 and here, I'm sure you would notice a huge improvement and possibly have bruv wiping your butt as you do his... have you noticed an improvement whilst not bantering on 200?

Yes

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #140 on: July 11, 2012, 03:29:36 AM »
Midway, Midway, Midway, you are a most difficult patient. You aren't progressing, you are beginning to stagnate already(!) and it's obvious why.

You essentially do two things in parallel (at a glance):-

Your learning methodology is that of a juvenile Crow, who is elated to watch the adult extract a grub with a stick, but you don't yet understand how or why it works so you try over and over through unwavering repetition thinking you just need to try harder. You are gathering leaves off a tree with the concept of building your own tree but missing the core essential features all the time.

Then there's your, well I hesitate to call it ego, but it's something like that, competitiveness or insecurity are better words perhaps? You seek out 'better' pilots so you can defeat them once or twice regardless of circumstance and then immediately dismiss them. You'd even do this with Bruv if you could out match him. This approach is unique to you, since you do not factor in the amount of times they have defeated you before or since. No one else does this here, only you. You're like a British army soldier who throws a cocked STEN gun through a window to clear a room and then turns to his mate and says: 'nice shot eh?'.

As part 1 increasingly returns diminishing results, you do part 2 more and more intensely (as your recent BBS activity implies). It's as if you constantly have to give evidence internally and externally to assert to yourself that you are 'good'.

This obstructs your development even if you do these two things slightly and now you seem to do these things a lot! You've split yourself in two and are fighting on two fronts. Unwise.

Sorry if these comments hurt you but I know how important this game is to you and you are now on a path which, with every step, takes you farther from your destination.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 03:31:28 AM by nrshida »
”It's a shame that he's gone, but the shame is entirely his”
HiTech 2 - Skyyr 0

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #141 on: July 11, 2012, 03:53:31 AM »
The former, I think, because now I'm confused.   :headscratch:

Help me please, nrshida?

Help me please!!, as far as you are concerned, appears to be followed up in short order by completely ignoring any advice, followed by another "moment of weakness" post.

Save your breath Shida :salute
"You kill 'em all, I'll eat the BATCO!"
The GFC

"Not within a thousand years will man ever fly" - Wilbur Wright

Offline Tom5572

• Silver Member
« Reply #142 on: July 11, 2012, 05:53:59 AM »
Midway this is my first and last response to this. I freely admit you have beaten me and usually do beat me when we fight, not because you are a better pilot. Usually we fight with you in yours spit 8 and me in a variant of the 38. I will also admit the two times we fought spit8 to spit8 you won.

I believe I would beat you in just about any other configuration. Not because I am a top stick, I am far from that, but because you have so completely limited yourself. You say you idolize Bruv and his prowess in the spit; you fail to realize he is just as good in a jug, 109, pony, niki, typhoon or any other plane. It is the same with Fester. It does not matter what they are flying, if they are in the area, they are a threat.

Fester in a stuka would get more attention than you in your spit. You are limited by yourself. And though this is going to fall on def ears, you want to be someone's FPH, branch out learn something new.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline BluBerry

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #143 on: July 11, 2012, 06:11:50 AM »
Midway this is my first and last response to this. I freely admit you have beaten me and usually do beat me when we fight, not because you are a better pilot. Usually we fight with you in yours spit 8 and me in a variant of the 38. I will also admit the two times we fought spit8 to spit8 you won.

I believe I would beat you in just about any other configuration. Not because I am a top stick, I am far from that, but because you have so completely limited yourself. You say you idolize Bruv and his prowess in the spit; you fail to realize he is just as good in a jug, 109, pony, niki, typhoon or any other plane. It is the same with Fester. It does not matter what they are flying, if they are in the area, they are a threat.

Fester in a stuka would get more attention than you in your spit. You are limited by yourself. And though this is going to fall on def ears, you want to be someone's FPH, branch out learn something new.

Your not Tom, from Toms cigars are u...  :headscratch:

-BluBerry

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #144 on: July 11, 2012, 06:39:36 AM »
Midway, Midway, Midway, you are a most difficult patient. You aren't progressing, you are beginning to

.... cut for brevity...

Sorry if these comments hurt you but I know how important this game is to you and you are now on a path which, with every step, takes you farther from your destination.

Very interesting and I certainly have not thought along those lines.  It's definitely worth considering, but before I make any serious changes I will need absolute clear proof of your theory.  If, in fact, I see my progress deteriorate materially, which I have not yet seen, I will act on your very wise words.

For now, I still see and feel progress each tour.  My original post identifying another significant opportunity to progress to the next level.  :aok

Nrshida, I believe you are one of the nicest and sincerest pilots I have exchanged thoughts with and very much appreciate the care and effort you employ in helping others, even people like me whom some might consider a difficult learner.  However, I can not go on theories that have not proven themselves - yet.  I will keep it very much in mind though.

Thank you for helping me see the light you are attempting to shine through the interwebz. I am not hurt at all, only grateful.  :salute :rock

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #145 on: July 11, 2012, 06:45:48 AM »
theories? Its obvious you are stagnating. You just don't want to see it.
now posting as SirNuke

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #146 on: July 11, 2012, 06:46:50 AM »

Thank you, Tom... another very nice pilot.  Three corrections though... I don't idolize Bruv, only admire and respect his and similar pilot's awesome proven skill.  Idolize would take it a step beyond truth. 

I do realize his awesomeness in all variety of aeroplanes

Also, my ears are not deaf... I heard every word and understand what you're saying.  Thank you.   :salute :rock
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 08:02:52 AM by Midway »

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #147 on: July 11, 2012, 06:53:09 AM »
theories? Its obvious you are stagnating. You just don't want to see it.

Right now I don't see myself heading further and further from my destination, as Nrshida postulates.  Therefore it is an unproven, but interesting theory.  At least I understand now what he was saying. :)

This thread has become quite an introspection... hopefully it benefits others, at least in a small way, as much as it helps me.   That was the main intent of the original post.  :angel:
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 07:14:09 AM by Midway »

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #148 on: July 11, 2012, 07:08:14 AM »
Good luck to you Midway, I hope it all works out for you  :salute
”It's a shame that he's gone, but the shame is entirely his”
HiTech 2 - Skyyr 0

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #149 on: July 11, 2012, 07:11:25 AM »
Good luck to you Midway, I hope it all works out for you  :salute

Thank you.  Your wisdom and insight exceed mine in many areas and have been of help.  :salute :rock