Author Topic: Why am I not an awesome pilot yet?  (Read 11640 times)

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
Re: Why am I not an awesome pilot yet?
« Reply #180 on: July 11, 2012, 04:02:56 PM »
I think he's talking about getting some Indian food tonight  :rofl :bolt:

Thanks for the craving.
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #181 on: July 11, 2012, 04:43:26 PM »
erm....it's 'sous chef'.

don't mind me, keep talking...

I was using the Hitechian spelling.  It seemed appropriate given the surroundings.

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #182 on: July 11, 2012, 04:47:14 PM »
how dare you! ban him already  :old:
now posting as SirNuke

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #183 on: July 11, 2012, 04:54:17 PM »
I was using the Hitechian spelling.  It seemed appropriate given the surroundings.
Sue Shef?

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #184 on: July 11, 2012, 04:58:38 PM »
no sue for you!
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #185 on: July 11, 2012, 05:16:17 PM »
Oh ok.. nvm... Two female kittys.  Cool! :cool:
Heh
See Rule #4

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #186 on: July 11, 2012, 06:13:09 PM »
 :rofl :rofl :rofl

What a train wreck! A sad sight, but you just can't make yourself stop looking!

<---- must be in the top 2% or better, because I mop the floor with MidFAIL.  :rofl

And here I considered myself to be a pilot of "average" skill at best, and get to fly about once a week now. And even with a wounded LaLa limping home with one half of my tail and an oiled engine, I still reversed MidFAIL and killed his Spit easily after he dove from my high 6, then killed the 190 that was following him in. If you're ever gonna be more than a n00b in an easymode ride, you gotta be able to pick up the easy ones more than once out of every 5 or 6 tries. My god, I'm drunk 80% of the time when I fly, and I still beat you like a rented mule.  :rofl

Look folks, .squelch and ignore on the BBS work wonders. The more you reply to the moron, the more the moron squeels and honks his clown horn.

I admit it's fun sometimes, but really it's no more rewarding than if you were sitting in the stands and heckling at the Special Olympics.

my $0.02, done here. Spitting out that hook, I have avoided taking it up til now, and ain't gonna bite it again :aok
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 06:15:34 PM by Reaper90 »
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #187 on: July 11, 2012, 06:39:37 PM »
And here I considered myself to be a pilot of "average" skill at best
I'm drunk 80% of the time when I fly, and I still beat you like a rented mule.

Agree with you on "average", but I'd prefix with "above"... no need to discuss the details though. :)

...as to your boasting skills... well... let's just say top notch. :aok     Careful though, you remember that other time you boasted large on 200 about wanting a tussle with my Spitfire. :D

But that's not important now....

Multiple bad guy handling via SA and E management are the secrets and next steps to awesome. :old:
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 06:47:10 PM by Midway »

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #188 on: July 11, 2012, 06:49:24 PM »
...as to your boasting skills... well... let's just say top notch. :aok  
Careful though, you remember the last time you boasted large on 200 about wanting a tussle with my Spitfire. :D

OK, LOL, sorry, but I have another beer bottle to throw at the dancing Tard!  :rofl

LOL. I had just PWN'd you badly with my 110 as you tried to run from me, and you came back and caught my heavy 110g right after I lifted heavy to bomb incoming GV's. You had about 5K alt advantage and lots of e on me, and yet you still almost were forced into the overshoot  twice and only got the kill as you barely managed to get inside me in the rolling scissors as we made our way down to the deck. The fact that it took you SOOOO LONG to best my heavy 110g in your trainer was the funniest part. And then YOU, ma'am, are the one who yacked it up on 200, and then refused my offers for you to duplicate your luck 1v1 away from the furball, which you refused.

So I upped an LA-7 and went hunting, and proceeded to PWN you a couple of times until it became boring.

:)

Just so we're clear on what happened.
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #189 on: July 11, 2012, 06:58:42 PM »
Just so we're clear on what happened.

Oh we're clear alright... the memory of that "other" time lingers very well.  My empathy for you, that day, continues still.

Btw I don't recall you boasting large on 200 the "last" time.   :aok

Till we meet again, my reaper bud. :D :salute
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 07:01:28 PM by Midway »

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #190 on: July 11, 2012, 07:16:43 PM »
This is getting to resemble watching speed tweekers trying to count change for bus fair around 3am at a bud stop. God forbid when the change gets dropped becasue they all agreed it would be easier to count all of it from one tweekers hands. Individual counting was eluding them. Reading the sign that said the buses stopped running at midnight was beyond(above) them even under a street lamp.

We are after the dropped change at this point just before trying to reach into the sewer.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #191 on: July 11, 2012, 07:45:56 PM »
This is getting to resemble watching speed tweekers trying to count change for bus fair around 3am at a bud stop. God forbid when the change gets dropped becasue they all agreed it would be easier to count all of it from one tweekers hands. Individual counting was eluding them. Reading the sign that said the buses stopped running at midnight was beyond(above) them even under a street lamp.

We are after the dropped change at this point just before trying to reach into the sewer.

a bud stop!   :aok

Wait, what does all that mean?  Free buds or cash bar?  :headscratch:

:airplane: --------- - - -
   :confused:
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 07:59:22 PM by Midway »

Offline SWkiljoy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #192 on: July 11, 2012, 08:24:54 PM »
a bud stop!   :aok

Wait, what does all that mean?  Free buds or cash bar?  :headscratch:

:airplane: --------- - - -
   :confused:

Means that all of this nonsense is just merely dragging along by people continuing to post in this thread. Most of the given advice was very useful yet still manages to elude the given target. Very interesting thread with all of the positive insight given by some top class acts of the game, however. Kudos to those that gave a positive explanation to the inquiry.  :aok   If only every cartoonist had this amount of help at hand by so many people and their experiences, AH would be in such a better place.  :rock

Proud member and Flight Leader of the 125th Spartan Warriors
<<S>> SWkiljoy

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #193 on: July 11, 2012, 08:31:16 PM »

Means that all of this nonsense is just merely dragging along by people continuing to post in this thread. Most of the given advice was very useful yet still manages to elude the given target. Very interesting thread with all of the positive insight given by some top class acts of the game, however. Kudos to those that gave a positive explanation to the inquiry.  :aok   If only every cartoonist had this amount of help at hand by so many people and their experiences, AH would be in such a better place.  :rock

:O  So you're saying my threads add and encourage adding value, on occasion!  :banana: :banana: :banana:

:cheers:

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #194 on: July 11, 2012, 10:38:06 PM »
Then you're doing it wrong.  Flying with a wingman requires a totally different set of skills, and those skills only improve your overall capabilities.  I have no doubt that Fester wouldn't be what he is today without having winged with Kappa (and others) for years, and I would be half the pilot I was without the experience and enjoyment of winging with folks like Kitty, NathBDP, and Drex.

The best part is that you and your wingman can beat the crap out of each other 1v1 in the dueling arena, then you head to the MA and destroy legions of enemies together.

Just saw NathBDP in LWA! :x
Leviathn soon appear too??? :x

:pray :pray :pray