Author Topic: should me410 have removable rear guns?  (Read 2164 times)

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
Re: should me410 have removable rear guns?
« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2012, 08:29:32 AM »
:D

it has to be the worst wishlist Ive seen which fits AH criteria. the coolest thing about it by a factor of 1000 is the name. I'm english and I'm embarassed we came even came up with the idea of the defiant :bolt:

The idea of the Defiant could very well have been inspired by the the Bristol Fighter of WWI. The Defient was designed prior to the war before it was evident tactics had to change with the new altitudes speeds and firepower. When it hit the drawing board it probably seemed like a very formidable aircraft.

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #46 on: July 22, 2012, 08:30:00 AM »
There is a WWII fighter with a four gun turret on it that would likely be pretty successful in AH.....
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #47 on: July 22, 2012, 09:31:17 AM »
There is a WWII fighter with a four gun turret on it that would likely be pretty successful in AH.....

Blackburn ROC

or Hawker Hotspur?

« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 09:39:14 AM by Shifty »

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: July 22, 2012, 09:32:37 AM »

ugly aircraft!  :old:
JG 52

Offline Tracerfi

• Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: July 22, 2012, 09:35:56 AM »
You cannot beat savages by becoming one.

He who must not be named

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: July 22, 2012, 09:56:58 AM »
a rear gunner of an 110g2 sent me to the tower with a pk in my a8 a couple of tours ago, didnt think it was possible for a be-be gun to penetrate front glas of an a8 at all  :huh
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline Tracerfi

• Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: July 22, 2012, 10:06:37 AM »
a rear gunner of an 110g2 sent me to the tower with a pk in my a8 a couple of tours ago, didnt think it was possible for a be-be gun to penetrate front glas of an a8 at all  :huh

110 guns are not BeBe 7.9mm fire in Real life did do some pretty good damage
You cannot beat savages by becoming one.

He who must not be named

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #52 on: July 22, 2012, 11:31:46 AM »

Doubt he got you through the front windscreen armor.  He probably got you through the aluminum side or belly.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #54 on: July 22, 2012, 03:10:07 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

I would have never figured you for wanting another American plane.  :P

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #55 on: July 22, 2012, 04:24:36 PM »
I would have never figured you for wanting another American plane.  :P
The only reason I don't advocate for American aircraft is that we have so very many of them, including almost all of the core aircraft.  If we didn't have the P-47 or P-38 or P-51 or F4U I'd be pushing for any one of those aircraft to be added ASAP.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: July 22, 2012, 05:46:00 PM »
A battery of 4 x .30 cal guns on a rear turret are not going to save you from the torrent of heavy mg and cannon coming your way, by the time you get a snapshot off they have blown your wing and tail off. Think P-40 or Hurricane with a rear turret while it takes hits; no Sturmovik armor, and just one engine. Flying deliberatley in front of a fighter to shoot rear guns is insane. I suppose now and then you would get the best of an attacker but its not a recipe for long term success more like The Wooden Cross.
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24

Offline Peyton

• Copper Member
« Reply #57 on: July 23, 2012, 10:16:36 AM »
The idea of the Defiant could very well have been inspired by the the Bristol Fighter of WWI. The Defient was designed prior to the war before it was evident tactics had to change with the new altitudes speeds and firepower. When it hit the drawing board it probably seemed like a very formidable aircraft.

+10..EXACTLY...and that is what half of the NAY SAYERS forget when someone suggests a plane be introduced into AH.

Offline BaDkaRmA158Th

• Gold Member
« Reply #58 on: July 23, 2012, 01:04:16 PM »
Mosty people don't understand that not only can they turn the AC with rudder while in a gun position,they can also set there speed to auto climb at 250, when the air speed drops after the climb the nose will dip down and try to regain speed,this causes a slow up and down motion,coupled with your rudder turning. MUCH better then a plane flying level dodging back and forth through the enemy's gun fire.

Best thing is it can be done in any ac with rear guns, and in bomber formations it can become deadly.

Try it some time guys, you wont ever consider your fighter bomber/bomber a sitting duck. ;)   (worse comes to worse it gives the impression your bomber is being manned by another gunner, and that will always give you a psychological advantage.
~383Rd RTC/CH BW/AG~
BaDfaRmA

My signature says "Our commitment to diplomacy will never inhibit our willingness to kick a$s."

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #59 on: July 23, 2012, 01:57:32 PM »

+10..EXACTLY...and that is what half of the NAY SAYERS forget when someone suggests a plane be introduced into AH.
Your comment makes no sense, Peyton.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-