Author Topic: Gun Effects  (Read 1168 times)

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
Gun Effects
« on: July 21, 2012, 04:43:48 AM »
I love tater rides... G14, K4, 152, 262, etc. but my computer sucks, plain and simple. I play the game lowest settings with 30 FPS max etc etc etc.
But what I am asking here is
Is there anyway to have gun effects on, but without the smoke? When I am flying a 262, or K4, with the nose mounted guns, I would really prefer to see the tater hit (big orange cheese puff) without the smoke, which lags me. with gun effects OFF, I don't get the smoke, so I don't get lag! +1! but when I am flying a tater plane, I also get no cheese puff for confirmation I got a tater strike :( just the normal little ping that could be a 30 cal, 50 cal, etc.

Stupid question probably, but...Is there maybe a certain file I can remove or something so there is no smoke out of your guns with gun effects on?
If not, maybe this can get moved to the wishlist?  :banana:
Thanks  :cheers:  :salute
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: Gun Effects
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2012, 08:01:23 AM »
Map your secondary and primary fire separately. That way when it hits, you know whether it's a 30mm or not.

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2012, 10:09:57 AM »
He know which is which, it just that the smoke trails get in the way. He is asking if there is a way to turn off the smoke, but not the hit effect..... and no there isn't. Eye candy is all bunched together.

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2012, 11:26:02 AM »
No...but if you map the guns separately, you can then turn off the gun effects and you would know what rounds are hitting based on whether or not you're firing the MGs or the cannons.

semp

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2012, 11:32:00 AM »
He KNOWS what rounds are hitting, but the smoke kills his FR so he has to turn off the eye candy, Unfortunately that also turns of that pretty orange explosion of the tater that he likes to see. So he was hoping there was a way to turn off one, but not the other so he could have a little eye candy, but not kill his FR.

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2012, 11:46:13 AM »
but when I am flying a tater plane, I also get no cheese puff for confirmation I got a tater strike :( just the normal little ping that could be a 30 cal, 50 cal, etc.

:headscratch:

semp

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2012, 05:27:22 PM »
but when I am flying a tater plane, I also get no cheese puff for confirmation I got a tater strike Sad just the normal little ping that could be a 30 cal, 50 cal, etc.

...... because he has the eye candy turned off.

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2012, 06:44:41 PM »
He know which is which, it just that the smoke trails get in the way. He is asking if there is a way to turn off the smoke, but not the hit effect..... and no there isn't. Eye candy is all bunched together.
Ah that's too bad, thanks for the info though Fugi  :salute
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2012, 06:50:40 PM »
...... because he has the eye candy turned off.

:huh

Ok.

You're in a K4.
Button 1 fires the MGs only.
Button 2 fires the cannon only.

If you only press button 2, all the hits that you will see are 30mm strikes, even if they look like normal hits because gun effects are turned off. You don't need the gun effects at all to know that it is the 30mm that is hitting. Which is what he wants to know, whether or not his hits are 30mm strikes. Which it will be IF you ONLY press button 2.

Soooo....map the cannon and MGs separately.

And if you ever need to fire both guns at the same time, press both buttons at the same time.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 06:52:27 PM by titanic3 »

semp

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2012, 11:08:22 PM »
:huh

Ok.

You're in a K4.
Button 1 fires the MGs only.
Button 2 fires the cannon only.

If you only press button 2, all the hits that you will see are 30mm strikes, even if they look like normal hits because gun effects are turned off. You don't need the gun effects at all to know that it is the 30mm that is hitting. Which is what he wants to know, whether or not his hits are 30mm strikes. Which it will be IF you ONLY press button 2.

Soooo....map the cannon and MGs separately.

And if you ever need to fire both guns at the same time, press both buttons at the same time.

That's the problem he WANTS to SEE that pretty 30 mm explosion, but NOT the smoke because it kills his FR. It's just an eye candy issue, it has nothing to do with whether or not he is hitting with the 30mm

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2012, 11:18:01 PM »
That's the problem he WANTS to SEE that pretty 30 mm explosion, but NOT the smoke because it kills his FR. It's just an eye candy issue, it has nothing to do with whether or not he is hitting with the 30mm

It seems like he's asking for both now I re-read his OP vewwy vewwy carewully.

I love tater rides... G14, K4, 152, 262, etc. but my computer sucks, plain and simple. I play the game lowest settings with 30 FPS max etc etc etc.
But what I am asking here is
Is there anyway to have gun effects on, but without the smoke? When I am flying a 262, or K4, with the nose mounted guns, I would really prefer to see the tater hit (big orange cheese puff) without the smoke, which lags me. with gun effects OFF, I don't get the smoke, so I don't get lag! +1! but when I am flying a tater plane, I also get no cheese puff for confirmation I got a tater strike :( just the normal little ping that could be a 30 cal, 50 cal, etc.

Stupid question probably, but...Is there maybe a certain file I can remove or something so there is no smoke out of your guns with gun effects on?
If not, maybe this can get moved to the wishlist?  :banana:
Thanks  :cheers:  :salute

Then again, why are we debating over such a small little thing?  :o :bolt:

semp

Offline ScottyK

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2012, 11:23:25 PM »
so with tracers off u still  cant see the orange poof from the 30mm?  

i have my tracers off and can still see the hit sprites with the 30s, as far as smoke around the 30mm hits, ive never paid attention to see if its exists or not.
Childhood is over the moment you know your gonna die.  Fight not to Fail, or end up like the others.   In my crate, im the commander.

IGN: Scotty57

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2012, 11:30:51 PM »
so with tracers off u still  cant see the orange poof from the 30mm? 

i have my tracers off and can still see the hit sprites with the 30s, as far as smoke around the 30mm hits, ive never paid attention to see if its exists or not.

Tracers on/off is a preference setting.
Weapon effects is a graphics setting.

Different thing but yea, they do sound similar.

semp

Offline ScottyK

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2012, 12:16:46 AM »
  i was unaware of this, sorry.
Childhood is over the moment you know your gonna die.  Fight not to Fail, or end up like the others.   In my crate, im the commander.

IGN: Scotty57

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2012, 07:20:06 PM »
This is easy to deal with.

If they lose a large part of their airplane, you hit them with a tater.
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.