Author Topic: Colorado Gun Demand Jumps 41%  (Read 11276 times)

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
Re: Colorado Gun Demand Jumps 41%
« Reply #510 on: August 22, 2012, 07:16:51 PM »
Suitable John Wayne quotes. Some from interviews, others from movies.... Just a few.

Interview:

“Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It’s perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we’ve learned something from yesterday.”

Films:

“I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."

“Now you understand. Anything goes wrong, anything at all… your fault, my fault, nobody’s fault… it don’t matter… I’m gonna blow your head off. It’s as simple as that.”

“Well, son, since you haven’t learned to respect your elders, it’s time you learned to respect your betters.”

"Lifes tough, but its tougher when you’re stupid."

My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline Silat

• Gold Member
« Reply #511 on: August 23, 2012, 01:44:18 AM »
I'm all for a more effective method of weeding out the nutcases from the non-nutcases. I was once denied buying a 12 gauge in a Blacksburg VA pawnshop because I presented them with an out-of-state ID. About 3 months later, that very same shop sold Seung-Hui Cho the two handguns he used to go on a rampage at VA Tech...

However, it seems that a properly motivated nutcase will not be hindered by the lack of access to semi-automatic military-style weapons. The same shotgun I use to shoot skeet can be modified into a concealable killing machine in about 5 minutes. Batman fanboi may kill only 4 or 5 instead of 12 or 15, but where exactly does this dialog go then? What if he jammed the theater doors closed and simply set fire to the place with a couple gallons of gasoline? What if he flooded an apartment building with CO, killing dozens in their sleep? What do you prohibit then?

Guns have been legal in the US since the very beginning. There was a time when fully automatic weapons were available to anybody who wanted them... And yet, it's only relatively recently that these mass shootings have started to crop up.

I think that a rational response to this phenomenon would be to figure out the source of their psychotic ambitions (fame, notoriety, etc..), not just the mechanism by which they carry those ambitions out.

You might want to do a little more research when it comes to murders by gun historically. They have been happening since as you say "the very beginning".
I love the escape mechanism of the guns of any kind advocates.
1. Let's get the nut jobs. LOL what a bunch of bs that is. Anytime someone wants to start checking people out more thoroughly the NRA and its sheep go ballistic.
2. Well the 2nd amendment yada yada yada. Well the 2nd amendment was about a well regulated militia when we had none. Now we have a standing Army that is well regulated and armed. No need for citizens to have automatic weapons or weapons that are made for killing people only.
+Silat
"The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them." — Maya Angelou
"Conservatism offers no redress for the present, and makes no preparation for the future." B. Disraeli
"All that serves labor serves the nation. All that harms labor is treason."

Offline Silat

• Gold Member
« Reply #512 on: August 23, 2012, 02:02:41 AM »
So here is an offer to all you NRA cult members who think that it is your right to own a Ground to Air missile system.
I will stipulate that you can own any weapon you want but not because the constitutions says so. Because it doesnt.
If you will stipulate that women get to control their own reproductive systems and their bodies no matter what.
+Silat
"The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them." — Maya Angelou
"Conservatism offers no redress for the present, and makes no preparation for the future." B. Disraeli
"All that serves labor serves the nation. All that harms labor is treason."

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #513 on: August 23, 2012, 07:03:35 AM »
So here is an offer to all you NRA cult members who think that it is your right to own a Ground to Air missile system.
I will stipulate that you can own any weapon you want but not because the constitutions says so. Because it doesnt.
If you will stipulate that women get to control their own reproductive systems and their bodies no matter what.

It may not state what arms you can bear specifically, but then again, it doesn't say which ones you cannot, either.

As for what women have a right to put in or take out of their...  reproductive system, not my choice.  I don't have that kind of plumbing so I cannot make a real stand in favor of a woman's choice, except to back-up my belief that they should have a right to that choice.

But, that's a different discussion altogether and really has no nearing on this one.
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline RngFndr

• Nickel Member
« Reply #514 on: August 23, 2012, 07:07:56 AM »
Suitable John Wayne quotes. Some from interviews, others from movies.... Just a few.

Interview:

“Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It’s perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we’ve learned something from yesterday.”

Films:

“I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."

“Now you understand. Anything goes wrong, anything at all… your fault, my fault, nobody’s fault… it don’t matter… I’m gonna blow your head off. It’s as simple as that.”

“Well, son, since you haven’t learned to respect your elders, it’s time you learned to respect your betters.”

"Lifes tough, but its tougher when you’re stupid."

I wish there was a Thumbs up for posts on this BBs..

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #515 on: August 23, 2012, 07:08:37 AM »
POOF!

:aok

Offline RngFndr

• Nickel Member
« Reply #516 on: August 23, 2012, 07:27:42 AM »

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #517 on: August 23, 2012, 07:34:39 AM »

Online Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #518 on: August 23, 2012, 08:24:36 AM »

Just a couple points here. If you wish to make a statement, please do so but leave out the derogatory names or the entire thing simply looks like the rant of an immature person and has no real value.

Second point. Neither of the two situations you mention have anything to do with the other and do not equate to a valid comparison regarding rights. The NRA does not espouse the owning of destructive devices such as the ground to air system. Please confine yourself to the real issues and don't expand into sarcasm as it lends no credence to your position.

I'm all for women having control over their reproductive systems. I am also all for them having the take full  responsibility for not being proactive in regards to birth control. An abortion should not be considered a "right" in order to correct a mistake in judgement because the woman and her partner did not use a good method of birth control. If it is a case of rape, incest or impregnation against her will then it should be a given that she could terminate any pregnancy that ensues from said activity. However, if the pregnancy results from an activity she was a full willing participant in and she and he, to be fully proper, did not take reasonable precautions to prevent an unwanted pregnancy that is a different situation. Don't want the baby, fine there are lots of folks who do want a baby and will gladly raise your offspring. No one forces a mother to keep their child. If the woman was not forced / coerced into the reproductive activity she and the father should bear responsibility for that activity.

Being sexually active is a choice. Birth control is another choice. Birth control by abortion should not be a choice because of voluntary poor choices in the other two decisions. If you decide to engage in sexual activity you should do so with the idea that you are entering a contract with each other for the results of that activity. If you cannot fiscally / mentally afford the consequences of that activity then both of you should keep it in your pants until you are a fully responsible adult instead of a child playing at adult games. That goes for both parties involved, fatherhood is just as important as motherhood. If you are not ready to be responsible for your actions, don't step up to the plate.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #519 on: August 23, 2012, 08:37:39 AM »

How about not grouping me into your stereotypical preconceptions about people?  You think you know everything about my beliefs simply because I support gun rights?  I can't begin to explain how incredibly naive and childish that is.
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #520 on: August 23, 2012, 07:20:52 PM »
Ah... the old reproductive rights argument..

I like to equate this to a very simple analogy...

Who needs the protective equipment, the pitcher or the catcher?  If the pitcher crosses up the catcher with an unexpected pitch, clocking the catcher in the noodle, the pitcher bares the bulk of the responsibility. However, if the catcher has the proper protective equipment, there's no harm done.. So it is in the debate relative to reproductive rights.

People choose their lifestyles, and those lifestyles have consequences, sometimes positive, more often, negative. It boils down to behavior.

I raised two girls and I taught them that they ultimately have to be responsible for their decisions. As they approach their 30s (28 and 29), no unplanned children, no out of marriage pregnancies. Why? Because they took to heart the concept that they are responsible for their own selves.

The Constitution charges the government with the task of protecting the right to bear arms, and the SCOTUS has affirmed that to be a common citizen's right. There is no right to an abortion, not even the most wild exaggeration of the Bill of Rights can be construed to say that. This is why Roe v Wade will eventually be overturned. Maybe not within the next 10 years, but it's coming. A recent national poll shows that more than 60% of the American people believe that abortion is wrong.

I won't judge people on their life choices. I will, however, insist that they accept responsibility for those choices. To repeat the John Wayne quote I posted above; "Life's tough. It's tougher when you're stupid".

My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #521 on: August 23, 2012, 07:41:17 PM »
A recent national poll shows that more than 60% of the American people believe that abortion is wrong.

and about half of them are men. what do fertile women say? you know, since this really only concerns them :headscratch:
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #522 on: August 23, 2012, 08:12:34 PM »
and about half of them are men. what do fertile women say? you know, since this really only concerns them :headscratch:

It doesn't just concern women. In this country, paternity carries the responsibility to support the newborn dependent. Where we live, Momma can go to court and get 17% of the daddy's gross income, plus health insurance if he has any through his job. Moreover, the 60% are nearly equally divided between men and women. Like it or not, if one bears bulk of the burden, one also bears the bulk of the responsibility.
My regards,

Widewing

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #523 on: August 23, 2012, 08:18:04 PM »
have you ever met a guy who's wife and children cost him 17% of his income? :lol
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #524 on: August 23, 2012, 09:41:38 PM »
A recent national poll shows that more than 60% of the American people believe that abortion is wrong.

I think it's wrong but I also think that it should be legal.