Author Topic: 87G eny?  (Read 3829 times)

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
87G eny?
« on: July 24, 2012, 06:38:03 PM »
Why would this airplane have the same eny as the IL2? The IL2 has far more ammo, from what I can tell guns just as good, has front MGs, carrys ords, its far better armored, and even more manueverable. The IL2 has a K/D of .99 this tour compared to the 87Gs 0.44. I think overall an eny of 30 is warrented. I expected a little more from this plane frankly.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: 87G eny?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, 06:41:46 PM »
The IL2 has a K/D of .99 this tour compared to the 87Gs 0.44.

Too early to make any judgements like this. The 87G has just arrived. Especially K/D can take a while to stabilize, as players do tend to do a few silly things in a new ride in the first few days. And getting used to a plane and it's combat parameters can take a while.
I for one will wait until tour 151 is over before I go into analyzing usage and results.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, 08:08:40 PM »
I expected a little more from this plane frankly.
Why?
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Ruah

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2012, 02:37:25 AM »
I think people were expecting more firepower from the guns

Kommando Nowotny
I/JG 77, 2nd Staffel
Mediterranean Maelstrom
HORRIDO

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2012, 04:13:12 AM »
I think people were expecting more firepower from the guns

Exactly. I can tell you right now they are no more effective then the IL2s NS-37s, maybe even less. Its mostly only effective against P-4s and less. Last night I couldnt even punch thru a 251. I hit the turret top of a T-34 perfectly but couldnt get a clean kill. In fact, despite good hits on tanks I was unable to make one do more then smoke. And this was only T-34s and P-4s Im talking about. Even worse, if anything, the plane flys even worse then the regular stuka. And far worse then the IL2. It wallows and almost totally indefensible.

Even in its first month, when it is supposed to at least be tried, the IL2 is getting over twice the use of it. The 87G basically sucks is what Im trying to say. My first impressions were built offline, where apparently the damage model of GVs is much less cause I cant reproduce the clean kills I got there. And yes I have film.

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2012, 07:14:45 AM »
This aircraft is especially ineffective against t34s.
Thats weird.
AoM
City of ice

Offline R 105

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2012, 07:38:25 AM »
 I have only used the JU-87G off line and I was not impressed with the guns. I could not get a clean kill on any tank I shot. I ended up making the engine smoke on the M-4s and the T-34/76 but it was worthless against a Tiger. I can kill any tank in the game in an IL-2 except the Tiger-II. I have had a problem killing them but I have made the engine smoke on them.

I saw a great JU-87G German film on YouTube from the eastern front showing ground attacks by the JU-87G. Mostly on river barges but it was very cool. I kind of had that in mind when trying out our JU-87G so maybe that built up my expectations a bit too high. I will still use the IL-2 in the game for sure. The only reason to use the JU-87G would be if the ENY was higher than the IL-2 and I couldn't get the IL but that is not the case. 

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2012, 07:40:17 AM »
I too am finding it difficult to kill tanks in the 87g even after many clean hits at the seemingly ideal angles.  

If there is someone that is finding great success in the 87g please share your findings and methods.  Thanks.  :salute
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2012, 07:43:58 AM »
I killed buffs in it at 24,000 feet.

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2012, 07:44:51 AM »
Thats weird.

:rofl
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Daddkev

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2012, 08:43:44 AM »
 :huh :huh :huh First sortie and i killed at least.....3 trees, 6 bushes and 2000 lbs of dirt!  :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
God Bless America
Go tell Momm, im flying! and make me a sandwich !
EvilKev

2012 68KO Cup 1st Place finisher

Offline SWkiljoy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2012, 09:53:12 AM »
 :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
:huh :huh :huh First sortie and i killed at least.....3 trees, 6 bushes and 2000 lbs of dirt!  :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
Proud member and Flight Leader of the 125th Spartan Warriors
<<S>> SWkiljoy

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2012, 12:19:08 PM »
Thats weird.
Come in low and hit the T-34 in the tracks.  That is the best way I've been able to kill them offline.   M4 Shermans die easy from such side shots, and unlike the T-34 you don't have to limit yourself to the tracks.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2012, 12:45:49 PM »
Use a shallow dive approach, about 20-30 degrees and aim for the engine compartment on the T-34 and it's dead, or you can aim for the top of the turret and the T-34 will also die.  The tracks aren't the only place where the T-34 is vulnerable to the Ju 87G-2.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2012, 03:20:06 PM »
Come in low and hit the T-34 in the tracks.  That is the best way I've been able to kill them offline.   M4 Shermans die easy from such side shots, and unlike the T-34 you don't have to limit yourself to the tracks.

Karnak I think the problem is it cant be done in the game. Or, its very difficult. I checked the stats on this plane and much better tank killers then I havnt been killing much besides the P-4. Not that anyone is killing much in it at all.

The remaining German guns were all adaptations of ground guns. The first was the 37 mm BK 3,7, a modified version of the FlaK 18 AA gun firing the same 37x263B ammunition. This meant that it was bulky, heavy and slow-firing by comparison with the NS-37, for example. It also remained clip-fed, with a maximum capacity of just 12 rounds. It mainly fired Hartkernmunition ammo, capable of penetrating up to 140 mm / 100 m / 90 degrees although this was halved at a striking angle of 60 degrees.
http://www.quarry.nildram.co.uk/tankbusters.htm

Now a T34/76 is basically a tank with 40mm thick armor. Yes the front is sloped and is 70mm thick but everywhere else its 40mm and flat except for parts of the turret top which are 20mm thick. The "85s" are 5mm to 10mm thicker except for the top. My attacks were at angles anywheres from 60% to 100% coming in flat from the side and trying to punch thru the side plate. The only luck I had was two perfectly placed shots to the 20mm turret top. And even that didnt kill it but made it smoke. I didnt even get the kill cause I got kilt by a fighter right after.

The IL2s NS-37's  37x195 ammunition is quoted as penetrating 48mm / 500m / 90 degrees. Ive cleanly killed every tank in the game, except Tiger-ll, with 2 well placed rounds from the IL2. In either plane I dont even shoot until Im 300 meters from the tank, often less. The BK-37s of the 87G are performing poorly. It handles poorly. Hans Rudel himself claimed 519 tank kills and he doesnt strike me as a Liar. And he wasnt alone http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=41684&page=32 This was an effective tank killer. I trust Luftwaffe claims more then any other AF in the war.

Something is not adding up here. The 87G is coming out the gate a Hangar Queen.