Author Topic: 150 octane fuel  (Read 10297 times)

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: 150 octane fuel
« Reply #75 on: August 06, 2012, 11:58:05 PM »
:headscratch:  I think I can make it happen any time you want to join my KI84.  Think the ailerons or elevators are the first to rip off.  Maybe you avoid those speeds, but I'm use to high speeds chasing runstangs in my Spitfire.  I actually flew the KI for a couple weeks, but got frustrated with it falling apart on me. :frown:

I reached those speeds before, just don't pull hard on the stick. Tap K and the plane levels itself. I think the problem with the Spits is that once you start overspeeding, the elevator controls/responsiveness are still there while other planes begin to lose it. Making it easier to yank on the stick and pull massive Gs (which is what I did because I didn't know it at the time). With the 109s, P38s, Ki84, yank all the stick you want, it's not going anywhere unless you trim.

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #76 on: August 06, 2012, 11:58:48 PM »
:headscratch:  I think I can make it happen any time you want to join my KI84.  Think the ailerons or elevators are the first to rip off.  Maybe you avoid those speeds, but I'm use to high speeds chasing runstangs in my Spitfire.  I actually flew the KI for a couple weeks, but got frustrated with it falling apart on me. :frown:

my point was what you typed was wrong...I have a feeling I flew the Ki a few times and Know exactly when pieces come off, and its not at 475...nor does the KI become hard to handle or not handle 400 plus well.

pieces come off right about 500 mph

and if you are doing 400 mph it will climb like a banshee..... :aok

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #77 on: August 07, 2012, 12:01:13 AM »
my point was what you typed was wrong...I have a feeling I flew the Ki a few times and Know exactly when pieces come off, and its not at 475...nor does the KI become hard to handle or not handle 400 plus well.

pieces come off right about 500 mph

and if you are doing 400 mph it will climb like a banshee..... :aok

Understood.  I don't know what the exact speeds were, was quoting from the write-up.  Point is it falls apart chasing runners and Spitfires do not. :)

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline Fox

• Copper Member
« Reply #78 on: August 07, 2012, 09:45:50 AM »
The planes with the higher octane basically become new variants that are 20-30 mph faster on the deck, per the information in this thread.  If it doesn't take much work to implement, why wouldn't these new variants be added.  The main argument so far against this is that it will benefit the allies more than the axis and therefore shouldn't be done.  I vote to control the usage via perks and eny and then add any and all plane variants from all countries that were used with higher octane. 

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #79 on: August 07, 2012, 10:35:43 AM »
Okay once again Mr Bustr.
The spit14 is completely pwned by the k4 on the deck? I agree that the spit14 and the k4 should have nearly equal ENY rating (somewhere around 10 maybe), but that statement is just completely nonsense.
What im afraid of? Well, come, duel me in the same rides (nearly any ride) and see what i can do. Then grab a spit against my 109G6 and i die every single time.
You might want to call out my ego: i dont have any ego anymore. I just wanted good fights. Some spits are already running from me, what else do you want? Would you give me a chance?
The allies got wonderful toys to play with, i only got an eny30 brick that only barely does 335 on the deck and 385 at the best alt. Yet you want even more...
Im done.
 :cry
AoM
City of ice

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #80 on: August 07, 2012, 11:30:53 AM »
Okay once again Mr Bustr.
The spit14 is completely pwned by the k4 on the deck? I agree that the spit14 and the k4 should have nearly equal ENY rating (somewhere around 10 maybe), but that statement is just completely nonsense.
What im afraid of? Well, come, duel me in the same rides (nearly any ride) and see what i can do. Then grab a spit against my 109G6 and i die every single time.
You might want to call out my ego: i dont have any ego anymore. I just wanted good fights. Some spits are already running from me, what else do you want? Would you give me a chance?
The allies got wonderful toys to play with, i only got an eny30 brick that only barely does 335 on the deck and 385 at the best alt. Yet you want even more...
Im done.
 :cry
The problem is that while the Bf109K-4 and Spitfire Mk XIV are roughly comparable, though I think the Bf109K-4's 10 minutes of WEP and 1:1 cooldown ratio on that WEP makes it much better in actual non-duel combat, the Bf109K-4 is a free ENY 20 aircraft and the Spitfire Mk XIV is a 5 ENY 8 perk point airplane.

If you want the XIV to be perked, justify that perk with actual superior performance and give it the +21lbs boost of 150 octane.  Otherwise it is just an expensive, crappier Bf109K-4.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #81 on: August 07, 2012, 11:42:57 AM »
Sir!!
I have never mentioned that i want the spit14 perked.
I stated that the K4's 20 ENY value should less, while the spit14 should be unperked, and with about the same ENY with the K4. There were threads about it in the past. Both aircraft have some minor advantages and disadvantages on the other one, but the differences between them are as minor... both are great aircrafts. Saying that the spit14 is crappy.. eh.
But adding 150 octane to the spit16 is something entirely different.
AoM
City of ice

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #82 on: August 07, 2012, 12:01:49 PM »
Sir!!
I have never mentioned that i want the spit14 perked.
I stated that the K4's 20 ENY value should less, while the spit14 should be unperked, and with about the same ENY with the K4. There were threads about it in the past. Both aircraft have some minor advantages and disadvantages on the other one, but the differences between them are as minor... both are great aircrafts. Saying that the spit14 is crappy.. eh.
I didn't say it was crappy.  It will, for example, utterly kick the snot out of a P-51.  I said it was crappier than the Bf109K-4, which I believe it to be due to its 5 minutes of WEP with a 10 minute cooldown while having mediocre performance on MIL while the Bf109K-4 has 10 minutes of WEP with a 10 minute cooldown while having decent MIL performance.  The Spitfire Mk XIV is all about its WEP and its WEP is very limited.
But adding 150 octane to the spit16 is something entirely different.
If that were done the Spitfire Mk XVI would need to be perked.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Eric19

• Nickel Member
« Reply #83 on: August 07, 2012, 12:41:37 PM »
+1 on the 150 octane fuel but only in LWMA arena need my p38G to go a little faster for them pony dweebs :devil
Proud member of the 91ST BG (H) The Ragged Irregulars

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #84 on: August 07, 2012, 12:54:24 PM »
+1 on the 150 octane fuel but only in LWMA arena need my p38G to go a little faster for them pony dweebs :devil

38g never used it.  Out of the front line long before.  You are talking about a limited number or late 44-45 allied birds.  More pain then it's worth and I fly allied rides
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #85 on: August 07, 2012, 01:44:39 PM »
... Mustang ... nerfed.

thanks! that made my day :rofl

edit: Im -0.5 on this request, although it may be historical I dont think widening the gap to the late-war monsters would be good from a gameplay perspective. plus I'm pretty certain that if unlimited quality fuel was available in WWII like it is in AH, every aircraft would be using 150 :)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 01:49:10 PM by RTHolmes »
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #86 on: August 07, 2012, 01:49:07 PM »
Understood.  I don't know what the exact speeds were, was quoting from the write-up.  Point is it falls apart chasing runners and Spitfires do not. :)

who cares about chasing runners...I am here to fight the guys that want to fight....as soon as someone turns and runs I ignore them.

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #87 on: August 07, 2012, 02:46:36 PM »
Tried to warn everyone, but gramps is in too deep now to pull out.

Stole my line!  :devil

D9 is the same it's been with this recent patch (Kovel it's most likely because you're flying with a heavy aft tank)... the A8 though is another matter me and Bustr are still debating over.  (he's thinking WEP or powerplant up-tweak, I'm thinking somewhere along how it seems maybe more stable but it's probabley nothing at all (or, alternatively, how gramps got into my smoke box))

So does the 150 octane have anything to do with you looking into the WEP differences you've been suspecting?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 02:48:14 PM by Babalonian »
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #88 on: August 07, 2012, 11:53:33 PM »
I'm not sure how you'd model the shorter engine life and the problems that came with the higher octane fuel.  We're not chasing V-1s either.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #89 on: August 07, 2012, 11:55:40 PM »
I'm not sure how you'd model the shorter engine life and the problems that came with the higher octane fuel.  We're not chasing V-1s either.

meteor??   :pray   :D
The Few ***
F.P.H