Author Topic: Equipment to improve AH play  (Read 5902 times)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: Equipment to improve AH play
« Reply #75 on: August 10, 2012, 11:11:09 AM »
Good bye, I'll go back to killing noobs like you with my 20 dollars Saitek then. :)

typical Topgun member.   Can't prove his point so you resort to personal attacks.   that won't give you more skill either.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #76 on: August 10, 2012, 11:13:12 AM »
now posting as SirNuke

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #77 on: August 10, 2012, 11:21:24 AM »
typical Topgun member.   Can't prove his point so you resort to personal attacks.   that won't give you more skill either.

semp

there is NO way to "prove" his point......he cant do it, his "point" is wrong but right at the same time as is yours....anybody with half a brain is gonna know a better stick will help in certain situations....IE I flew with an X52 for a long time my hit% was in the 4-5 range after getting the CH fighter stick over night I jumped to 7-9%   I didn't magically become a better shot...the more stable stick allowed my aiming to be more precise.... having rudder peddles is a huge improvement over a twisty....still does not mean the gu with the twisty cant win against a guy with rudder peddles.

I love the HAT switch views...I have zero problems tracking an nme....would the TRkr help? most likely..do I need it? nope

would I use it.... most likely....

it still comes down to "practice" I have no doubt that some great sticks fly with cheap equipment and some of the worst "fighters" have all the bells and whistles....and vice versa.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #78 on: August 10, 2012, 11:24:42 AM »
it still comes down to "practice" I have no doubt that some great sticks fly with cheap equipment and some of the worst "fighters" have all the bells and whistles....and vice versa.

Wasn't it Shane who flew with a mouse?  If not there are a small handfull of very very good fighter sticks that play with a mouse instead of a JS.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #79 on: August 10, 2012, 11:27:36 AM »
Wasn't it Shane who flew with a mouse?  If not there are a small handfull of very very good fighter sticks that play with a mouse instead of a JS.

not sure if Shane did, but I think Lazer did :headscratch:

I tried with a mouse and just kept crashing it :rofl

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #80 on: August 10, 2012, 11:29:26 AM »
Lazer did claim he was flying with a mouse.
now posting as SirNuke

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
« Reply #81 on: August 10, 2012, 03:13:05 PM »
If you need to dig a hole, a shovel will do fine, but a Backhoe will get the job done better, faster and easier.

Sure you can play this game with a mouse or the most basic stick.  You can be a great player using basic equipment, but think about the possibilities of how much better you can be if you were using quality equipment.

A few minutes on a friends stick means nothing.  You have to adapt, and set the stick up to your preference and then you can fairly judge whether it is worth it or not. 

If you don't want to spend the money to find out, then so be it, but one should not criticize another because they choose to do so, as well one should not criticize one for not wanting to go to the extra expense to try out new equipment.

My Opinion.

Fred
One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine, is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine... - From a Soviet Junior Lt's Notebook

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #82 on: August 10, 2012, 05:29:30 PM »
right said Fred  :aok.

:salute titanic3, only we can decide what is best for us.

semp

Offline iKo

• Nickel Member
« Reply #83 on: August 10, 2012, 06:55:55 PM »
:rofl There really is no getting through that thick skull of yours. Set up a time, we'll DA and we'll see if you can beat me with all your fancy gear and gadgets.  :) I'll fly with a mouse too and see how that goes.
Practice makes you better and good equipment helps. A good stick will even be better with better equipment. I have all the bells and whistles (Why because i can and i want it that simple) and if i could build or buy a real cockpit that spun around i would (why just because i felt like it and no other reason). OK all this talk and it is just a game. You want to duel I will duel you here http://aircombat.com any time. BTW I have done it (have it all on cd if you want to see it) and this is as close as you get to the real thing without real guns. I love all these brave behind the PC virtual world tough want to be's. Just get out and do it there is the link.Trust me its nothing like what your doing in aces High but I still play with all my toys and still have lots of fun. Oh and yes did every move for real that we all do in AH except all the flippy floppy flapy BS that you might think is really done and is not and never was because it is a video GAME.

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #84 on: August 11, 2012, 04:04:43 AM »
Sure you can play this game with a mouse or the most basic stick.  You can be a great player using basic equipment, but think about the possibilities of how much better you can be if you were using quality equipment.

I play with a basic twisty stick and I've never yet met a player online who I couldn't lose to.  :x
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #85 on: August 11, 2012, 09:08:19 AM »
Dang it.....I have no argument horse in this race.

Offline Threeup

• Copper Member
« Reply #86 on: August 12, 2012, 08:05:18 PM »
Trackir is good for SA until you get into a fight, then it’s better turned off. I just can’t align my head with the pipper when I need to. But for keeping SA up, there’s nothing that beats it. You can visually sweep all areas in about 5 seconds. But for mine, as far as getting a good shot off, it doesn’t cut it.

Nicklaus said you can’t “buy a game”, and to some extent that’s true, but I find CH are as tough as old boots. I think you have to “equipment up” if you want to be competitive, but those that don’t – it’s their call.

And as far as end result. The more I practice, the luckier I get. Anyway, I think it’s all about attitude. If you beat your chest and want to DA everyone, it’s your call. I think the best way and the people I respect the most, pick their fights, wade in, go for the throat and squeeze very hard. They don’t concern themselves with what they fly, what the other guy flies, their number on the roster, the other guys number on the roster, who Hoed, who didn’t or any other minor details.

See, evaluate, engage, fight, win (or lose), learn, practice, enjoy and repeat - Simple
The Mighty Raw Prawns

"It's all good fun until someone loses an eye" Rooster Cogburn

http://youtu.be/pxM8XB61ZvU

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #87 on: August 12, 2012, 10:09:14 PM »
3up if you are interested I can send you my profile.  I forgot how I did it but there's a bit of dampening in it so when you aim you are allowed some small movement without trakir interfering with your gun sight.

semp

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #88 on: August 12, 2012, 10:31:21 PM »
there is NO way to "prove" his point......he cant do it, his "point" is wrong but right at the same time as is yours....anybody with half a brain is gonna know a better stick will help in certain situations....IE I flew with an X52 for a long time my hit% was in the 4-5 range after getting the CH fighter stick over night I jumped to 7-9%   I didn't magically become a better shot...the more stable stick allowed my aiming to be more precise.... having rudder peddles is a huge improvement over a twisty....still does not mean the gu with the twisty cant win against a guy with rudder peddles.

I love the HAT switch views...I have zero problems tracking an nme....would the TRkr help? most likely..do I need it? nope

would I use it.... most likely....

Why wouldn't be able to prove my point?

A race between who can look around their cockpit the fastest, TrackIR or numpad?
I already know the answer, TrackIR, but by what? .5 seconds?

As for a more expensive stick, there are cheap and GOOD sticks out there too.   ;) They say you get what you pay for, but every now and then, you get one that is more than what you payed for.

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #89 on: August 12, 2012, 10:33:52 PM »
Practice makes you better and good equipment helps. A good stick will even be better with better equipment. I have all the bells and whistles (Why because i can and i want it that simple) and if i could build or buy a real cockpit that spun around i would (why just because i felt like it and no other reason). OK all this talk and it is just a game. You want to duel I will duel you here http://aircombat.com any time. BTW I have done it (have it all on cd if you want to see it) and this is as close as you get to the real thing without real guns. I love all these brave behind the PC virtual world tough want to be's. Just get out and do it there is the link.Trust me its nothing like what your doing in aces High but I still play with all my toys and still have lots of fun. Oh and yes did every move for real that we all do in AH except all the flippy floppy flapy BS that you might think is really done and is not and never was because it is a video GAME.

When I win the lottery I will.  :lol

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp