Author Topic: Map Timer Bug.  (Read 1069 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Map Timer Bug.
« on: August 09, 2012, 04:29:22 PM »
We are now on Trinity for much longer than the 7 days maximum being set by DaysTilTerrainChange. It seems to me that a server crash does reset that time counter.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Re: Map Timer Bug.
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 05:22:01 PM »
Better hurry HTC... its getting ugly out there.

If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 06:26:15 PM »
We are now on Trinity for much longer than the 7 days maximum being set by DaysTilTerrainChange. It seems to me that a server crash does reset that time counter.

Wasn't it supposed to of been lowered to less than 7-days recently too?

-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2012, 06:30:58 PM »
Wasn't it supposed to of been lowered to less than 7-days recently too?

I have never heard anything like that from HTC.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2012, 06:52:59 PM »

I have never heard anything like that from HTC.

You know my memory, but this was recent and may of only been a passing forum post or brief patch note around the time the 410 was released...  thinking maybe in the last torch and ptchfork Trinity thread created around that time....  See if I can find it in 5-minutes....
-Babalon

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2012, 08:50:22 PM »
"Earn" the reset and the arena will rotate to the next one.

We already have remote vehicle spawns within a mile of an enemy base and nobody seems to be able to even travel that mile to take the base.

People are getting used to being spoon fed.

Not pointed at lusche but everybody in general.

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2012, 08:57:23 PM »
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2012, 01:44:29 PM »
Still up.  Please HTCs, before the weekend, purty purty please.

"Earn" the reset and the arena will rotate to the next one.
Your right, thanks for reminding me of the futility of my comrads and my own efforts for the last 3 weeks out of 4, clearly we all have not earned it, how s!@#y we must be.  Oh great gatekeeps of the AH servers, please continue with administering our well deserved purgatory.

We already have remote vehicle spawns within a mile of an enemy base and nobody seems to be able to even travel that mile to take the base.
Again, I agree!  Why drive less than a mile to progress the map when, as a GVer, you can spawn at a gamey/bugy spawn and pad your own score by racking up dozens of kills in the time it would take you to drive one mile to a town?

People are getting used to being spoon fed.
About a dozen GV kills a minute, as opposed to climbing/flying 12-minutes to a fight, this is wierd - three outa three - I agree.

Not pointed at lusche but everybody in general.
Be honest bro, since we seem to be really bonding here, where can we find you spending 6 out of 10 active minutes of your time, at the least, on Trinity?  :devil

Trinity at this point isn't even worth being printed out on recycled newspaper and then used to wash/dry a pinto.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 01:46:52 PM by Babalonian »
-Babalon

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2012, 02:31:01 PM »
Thats going a little too far Babs. There is a very easy fix for the map if someone that knew how would make the changes.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2012, 06:59:35 PM »
Thats going a little too far Babs. There is a very easy fix for the map if someone that knew how would make the changes.

What?  My warm friendly morning attitude is infamous.

Looked it up today, I was mistaken yesterday, couldn't find anyhting in the last two months about the map timer being (or intending to be) adjusted.

I believe it would be a relatively simple fix Chalenge, but the original (un-compiled) map files was lost so I believe the easy fix is now nowhere near as simple or easy as one would assume.  I can only speculate at HTC's ability to decompile completed map files and making edits, but I'm guessing it would be as hard as the alternative, remaking the Trinity source files from scratch. 

But that crosses some other boundries, in particular the fact that Fester is the original creator and designer of this map, and not HTCs or one of their employees.  It is his baby.  Now, there are some rumors that he is aware of Trinity's current state and that he has begun the very difficult and long process of recreating it from scratch.

PS - Fester, I always and greatly respect your generosity and creativity, and I apologize for bewidleing your creation (it is as much the player's fault if not more than any of your own).... again this time... and until next week, again once more.
-Babalon

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2012, 07:45:28 PM »
i didn't build trinity. I built Ozkansas and FesterMA
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2012, 08:37:25 PM »
I like all the maps.

The map quandry reminds me of a book Jackie Stewart wrote in the 1970s about a season with a sub-par car.

He was having bad push issues with his car and the team went from bad to worse trying to sort it out.

He simply went out and adapted himself to the car instead of the other way around.

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2012, 03:23:24 PM »
i think most people are waiting to see if the bish are going to horde up and start taking bases to vin z warz
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2012, 04:18:19 PM »
lol I'm sure all game developers would love subscribers that 'adapt' themselves to their paying game.

icepac get off your high horse, you don't hold any high ground of the playing style.
now posting as SirNuke

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2012, 04:19:51 PM »
also please fix the timer :)
now posting as SirNuke