Author Topic: Gun control laws do they work ?  (Read 18836 times)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: Gun control laws do they work ?
« Reply #1035 on: October 19, 2012, 02:47:33 PM »
Gun control is well intended, but a failure.  Those who write the laws do not have the will to enforce them.  The last two mass shooters (WV campus and Colorado) were under Psychiatric  care.  A judge had deterimed the WV shooter to be a threat to himself and others.  Under fed law they were to be placed on the "no purchase" register.  Liberals and the medical profession want gun control and patient confidentiality.   The judge should be charged with chriminal negligence.   If a police officer refused to respond to a shooting?    People died.

"out here"

SD

psychiatric care is a very lose term.  a good portion of the population sees either a therapist or a psychiatrist for one reason or another.  if they were all placed on the registry pretty soon 1/2 the population would be unable to buy arms or those who were afraid to be on the registry would just stop seeing their doctor, which would be a bad thing.

semp

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Melvin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #1036 on: October 19, 2012, 03:12:50 PM »
those who were afraid to be on the registry would just stop seeing their doctor, which would be a bad thing.

This is a very valid argument.

The key is to less regulation. In my opinion open carry should be encouraged in all states. Most murderers are wussies, and would think twice if they knew half of the people in the store they're about to shoot up are armed.

Unless of course the killers end-game is designed to result in his/her own death. Suicide by cop anyone?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 03:15:32 PM by Melvin »
See Rule #4

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1037 on: October 19, 2012, 04:05:37 PM »
It's another horribly tragic death of some poor guy who left the house to do dsome good and  never made it home again. Its worth noting that this guy was trained and armed however and suffered the same fate :salute

Theres no guarantee your going to come home at night even if armed. Your chances are certainly much better, but anything can happen.

Ive seen two patterns in my career regarding armed criminals. First they are much better armed now then they were 30 years ago. Back then most of the guns we took of them were .25s, .22s, .32's and the like. And even if you saw the occasional .360 or .9mm chances were it would be an el cheapo. But now? With the internet and drug money? Bad guys are much better armed and far better informed. Now its rare to take away anything UNDER a 9mm. Most are .40s, '45s, .357s, even exotic stuff like .357 SIGs. And they use far better ammo, as in quality +P JHPs. Its no surprise to see shotguns, AKs, SKs, ARs, Techs, all kinda stuff.

The second thing is they have become utterly ruthless. They will shoot at the drop of a hat. Most of all against Police. But just the other day we had a citizen get stuck up, he gave up all his stuff no problem, and then just for the hell of it the BG shot him in the face anyway. Despite being masked. This guy just wanted to shoot somebody. CC legislation has been a huge success. Gun control has been a huge failure. Two things the Liberal/Leftist media and power centers dont want you to know.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1038 on: October 19, 2012, 04:16:14 PM »
Gun control is well intended, but a failure.  Those who write the laws do not have the will to enforce them.  The last two mass shooters (WV campus and Colorado) were under Psychiatric  care.  A judge had deterimed the WV shooter to be a threat to himself and others.  Under fed law they were to be placed on the "no purchase" register.  Liberals and the medical profession want gun control and patient confidentiality.   The judge should be charged with chriminal negligence.   If a police officer refused to respond to a shooting?    People died.

"out here"

SD

I'm not sure how you can call a 'no purchase register' gun control?

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1039 on: October 19, 2012, 04:53:29 PM »
guns dont kill people
rappers do
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline Melvin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #1040 on: October 19, 2012, 05:03:48 PM »
guns dont kill people
rappers do

Only American rappers kill people.

British rappers have horrible aim and thus are only capable of wounding their intended victims.

See Rule #4

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #1041 on: October 19, 2012, 05:37:01 PM »
This is a very valid argument.

The key is to less regulation. In my opinion open carry should be encouraged in all states. Most murderers are wussies, and would think twice if they knew half of the people in the store they're about to shoot up are armed.

Unless of course the killers end-game is designed to result in his/her own death. Suicide by cop anyone?

a very good post and I agree 100%............ :aok

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1042 on: October 20, 2012, 04:01:31 AM »
a very good post and I agree 100%............ :aok
Ditto!  Now we're getting somewhere logical.

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1043 on: October 20, 2012, 04:34:07 AM »
Ditto!  Now we're getting somewhere logical.

i totally agree with you but that is wishful thinking.  most of the mass killings are by guys who were law abiding citizens. and dint have a problem getting the guns they wanted.  to be honest with you gun laws wont stop you from owning a gun to defend yourself.  I double dare anybody to post anybody here how they can be outgunned with guns they can legally own in most situations.  that is unless you think that you need a saw for home defense.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1044 on: October 20, 2012, 04:58:16 AM »
In my opinion open carry should be encouraged in all states.

I can just see ladies walking around with Coco Chanel or Gucci holsters   :banana:

What would you carry if money was no object?

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1045 on: October 20, 2012, 05:35:46 AM »
I would carry a gold plated Thompson Machine gun with engraved barrel. :old:

And a notice saying be polite or do one :old:

Your Dutch Shida and wear clogs :)
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1046 on: October 20, 2012, 08:27:41 AM »
I would carry a gold plated Thompson Machine gun with engraved barrel. :old:

Engraved with little pies?  :banana:

Your Dutch Shida and wear clogs :)

Just because you live in a barn, doesn't make you a horse  :old:

I wear Desert Boots by the way  :banana:

I can't decide what I'd carry, I'm on the horns of dilemma over a Glock 29 with a tweed painted frame, a pair of gold-plated Steyr Mannlicher m1905 or a Fosberry painted up in a Union Jack stylee.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline WYOKIDIII

• Copper Member
« Reply #1047 on: October 20, 2012, 11:27:42 AM »
Yes they work perfectly . They get guns out of the hands of law abiding citzens as they are intended to do . They do not make people or property safer in any way . They do however make it much safer for the government to proceed with any action it chooses , without any need for regard of those it governs .
Sooo....What , are those guys here to kill you because God forgot too ?

Hank Venture

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1048 on: October 20, 2012, 01:34:32 PM »
i totally agree with you but that is wishful thinking.  most of the mass killings are by guys who were law abiding citizens. and dint have a problem getting the guns they wanted.

semp

The mass killers of innocent victims are not law abiding citizens.  They are, however, cowards who choose to harm the innocent and typically shoot themselves instead of standing accountable for their actions.  Some of us choose not to be victims. 

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline EagleDNY

• Silver Member
« Reply #1049 on: October 20, 2012, 03:35:43 PM »
The first gun control law I want to see enforced is a mandatory 5-year prison sentence with no parole for anyone committing a crime with a gun, or in possession of an illegal gun.   The law abiding gun owners are not the problem - it is the criminals with the illegal guns.   The way I look at it, anyone in possession of an illegal gun is already a felon and needs to be treated like one before he shoots somebody.

That said, you cannot count on the police being there to protect you or your family.  I keep a rifle in the house, but truthfully the security system I am counting on is the 3 snarling dogs that you have to face when your silly butt tries to break in.