Author Topic: Gun control laws do they work ?  (Read 18798 times)

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: Gun control laws do they work ?
« Reply #1080 on: October 22, 2012, 02:51:52 PM »
http://www.thehour.com/news/nation_and_world/wisconsin-mall-shooting/collection_057b205c-1c4e-11e2-8efe-001a4bcf6878.html

if only those people had taken their assault rifles out shopping with them they wouldn't have been victims :old:
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline DaveJ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #1081 on: October 22, 2012, 03:10:08 PM »
http://www.thehour.com/news/nation_and_world/wisconsin-mall-shooting/collection_057b205c-1c4e-11e2-8efe-001a4bcf6878.html

if only those people had taken their assault rifles out shopping with them they wouldn't have been victims :old:

:rolleyes: Have you ever heard of concealed carrying Coombz?
~DaveyJ~
Jokers Jokers

Noseart

Offline 33Vortex

• Platinum Member
      • Dirac's equation (non truncated)
« Reply #1082 on: October 22, 2012, 03:16:56 PM »
The NRA keep track of some stats that other organizations don't, like how many felonies are thwarted by citizens with guns. These incidents far outnumber the # of people shot per day in the US, but it's never publicized because it doesn't serve the feds disarmament agenda (nor the UNs Agenda 21 for that matter which include a total gun ban for all civilians worldwide).
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 03:18:36 PM by 33Vortex »

GameID: Turner
Truth has no agenda.

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #1083 on: October 22, 2012, 03:36:17 PM »
:rolleyes: Have you ever heard of concealed carrying Coombz?

:rolleyes: no  

The NRA keep track of some stats that other organizations don't, like how many felonies are thwarted by citizens with guns. These incidents far outnumber the # of people shot per day in the US, but it's never publicized because it doesn't serve the feds disarmament agenda (nor the UNs Agenda 21 for that matter which include a total gun ban for all civilians worldwide).

how surprising that NRA stats would show that  :rolleyes:   Fox News stats show that Romney is going to win the presidential election :aok

NRA folks also claim that mass shootings like this Wisconsin shooter event + the Colorado movie theater massacre are all orchestrated by the government in a big conspiracy to give them a valid excuse to take your guns away  :rofl
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 03:38:10 PM by coombz »

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #1084 on: October 22, 2012, 03:40:01 PM »

NRA folks also claim that mass shootings like this Wisconsin shooter event + the Colorado movie theater massacre are all orchestrated by the government in a big conspiracy to give them a valid excuse to take your guns away  :rofl

You are obviously clueless in regards to the NRA.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #1085 on: October 22, 2012, 03:41:28 PM »

You should be in Government. You make stuff up just like they do. The NRA has never stated such nonsense.
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #1086 on: October 22, 2012, 04:08:42 PM »
NRA folks = meaning supporters and members of the NRA, posters on their forums, people with NRA bumper stickers etc ;)

I specifically worded my post to avoid this kind of confusion - if I had meant the NRA organisation I would have just said 'the NRA'...(although I wouldn't have, because obviously they wouldn't be making such ridiculous tinfoil hat allegations, it's just most of their members that are ignorant enough to believe such rubbish)

I guess you guys are just perpetually confused when it comes to difficult things like the English language.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 04:10:54 PM by coombz »

Offline 33Vortex

• Platinum Member
      • Dirac's equation (non truncated)
« Reply #1087 on: October 22, 2012, 04:17:01 PM »
I guess you guys are just perpetually confused when it comes to difficult things like the English language.

I think you were just looking for a window out, just like Heisenberg.

GameID: Turner
Truth has no agenda.

Offline DaveJ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #1088 on: October 22, 2012, 04:20:45 PM »

I specifically worded my post to avoid this kind of confusion - if I had meant the NRA organisation I would have just said 'the NRA'...(although I wouldn't have, because obviously they wouldn't be making such ridiculous tinfoil hat allegations, it's just most of their members that are ignorant enough to believe such rubbish)

:lol :lol So anti-gun people are so wise and brilliant?

I'm glad you don't live in the US, Coombzy. One less liberal nutjob to worry about.  :aok
~DaveyJ~
Jokers Jokers

Noseart

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #1089 on: October 22, 2012, 04:24:33 PM »
I'm not a liberal, I support capital punishment and think they should bring back the cane in schools  :old:  And that's just for starters...I would also be in favour of surgery to prevent a good 50-70% of the population (the lower classes of course ;) ) from procreating

I just like making fun of gun nuts, that's all. The fact that you can continue to bleat on about how much safer America is because of all the guns in the face of the constantly rising death toll of innocent people is hilarious to me.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 04:26:32 PM by coombz »

Offline Melvin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #1090 on: October 22, 2012, 04:25:23 PM »
Don't mind coombzy, he seems like an ok guy underneath it all.

Just do what I do, sit back and laugh when a foreign national decides to pipe up about issues he/she has no tangible understanding of.

:cheers:
See Rule #4

Offline dedhero

• Zinc Member
« Reply #1091 on: October 22, 2012, 05:20:36 PM »
I rarely ignore anyone who cannot put together a coherent argument against owning a gun other than "Guns kill people'. So do cars, beer, carelessness and cigarettes. Walking out your front door is one of the most dangerous things you can do, should leaving ones house be illegal as well?

When one writes NRA folks, that leads the reader to believe you are speaking of the people in the NRA, not every nutjob on the interwebs who can post on the NRA site. So no you did not word your post to avoid any confusion, you wrote exactly what you meant. Even in your feeble attempt to back out of your statement you lumped NRA members with non NRA members. So which is it then? Perhaps you are perpetually confused by things like the English language and critical thinking.

NRA folks = meaning supporters and members of the NRA, posters on their forums, people with NRA bumper stickers etc ;)

So you're all for caning school children? And you want to remove a fundamental right of procreation based on some arbitrary standard? I am not a social liberal either but I oppose such ignorance. Keep bleating on about how everything not American is so much better than things American, just shows your lack of tolerance. Coombz put down the shovel you've dug yourself in deep enough. I love it when clueless folk try to seem otherwise.
"Wind hoots through the trouser
but the shoe is already wetting.
Olè, olè!" - lulu

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #1092 on: October 22, 2012, 05:41:18 PM »
So no you did not word your post to avoid any confusion, you wrote exactly what you meant. Even in your feeble attempt to back out of your statement you lumped NRA members with non NRA members. So which is it then?

I didn't back out of anything, all that I did was clarify that me saying 'NRA folks believe X' was obviously not meant to mean that 'the NRA organisation made an official statement saying X'. That would be silly.

I thought it was slightly ambiguous the way I had originally worded my post (before actually posting it), so I went back and changed it to 'NRA folks', but it seems that either that was still too tricky to understand, or more likely, willfully misunderstanding in order to have a good whine about 'libruls' is more fun :)

So you're all for caning school children? And you want to remove a fundamental right of procreation based on some arbitrary standard? I am not a social liberal either but I oppose such ignorance.

Sure, spare the birch and spoil the child and all that. Although, you are kind of putting words into my mouth. I didn't say that "I'm all for caning school children", I said I think the cane should be brought back in schools. Small difference, but your statement implies that I want to see children beaten willy-nilly, whereas I was referring to corporal punishment as a deterrent and discipline enforcement tool.

Also 'some arbitrary standard' are your words as well. I was just making an off hand comment to try and distance myself from the liberal nutjob label, not writing a full on proposal of my hypothetical eugenics program  :devil I'm sure I could come up with some pretty good standards

Keep bleating on about how everything not American is so much better than things American

Can you quote anywhere that I've done this?  :angel:  I doubt it.

Actually now that I think about it, I did point out in another thread that official worldwide quality of living surveys put America pretty far behind the curve, so to speak, with not a single city in the top 10. But that was just refuting someone's incorrect assertion that America was #1 in terms of quality of living, and not me randomly attacking you guys ;)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 05:44:48 PM by coombz »

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1093 on: October 22, 2012, 06:34:23 PM »

I wonder if anyone said that to the Jews in the 30's and 40's?

Are you planning on going to Sweden to do this?

why dont you give examples of warnings of how the government is about to massacre the people in the usa?  I would love to hear this one, ask YOU he would love to tell you and give you examples. 

semp

how do they keep track of this?  is there an 800 number everybody calls and reports?  or do they just do a small study then come up with a big number.  kindda like the polls where they will call 1,000 people then make it look like 60% of the population is for this or against that.

I think he was more shocked that you live in Kalifornia and felt safe. :D

I have lived in several states and I have never felt in danger where I have lived.  you also notice how most of the mass shootings dont happen in Kalifornia?  they happen in the other "safe" states.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Melvin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #1094 on: October 22, 2012, 07:54:32 PM »
I think he was more shocked that you live in Kalifornia and felt safe. :D

See Rule #4