Author Topic: Gun control laws do they work ?  (Read 20467 times)

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
Re: Gun control laws do they work ?
« Reply #210 on: August 25, 2012, 01:00:42 PM »
An ignorant wealthy liberal would be a compliment. I'm just a government sheep, being controlled via my DNA samples. If I'm ever in trouble, I just "Bahhh" and a drone strike takes out the threat.
Thank you for your service.
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
« Reply #211 on: August 25, 2012, 02:29:34 PM »
So, the Murder of American Citizens, via Military Means, without trial or jury or even a hearing, is all good Huh???

THIS, is the real threat to the future life and happyness of our progeny..

A greater threat than any dope dealer, or street thug, or crazed gunman...

see thats the sad part...you are a willing sheep :aok

I didn't think it was possible to read that far into a joke, but I've been surprised before.  "Gubment Baaaahhd."

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #212 on: August 25, 2012, 02:58:04 PM »

I didn't think it was possible to read that far into a joke, but I've been surprised before.  "Gubment Baaaahhd."

call it what you want...every post I have read from you in this topic and the other one is about letting them control you...and you being a ok with it......

I don't own guns....not a "gun guy"  but I will die long before I allow them to control me and my life.

every person in this country should be armed, it should be part of the school curriculum.....  how many robberies or burglaries or mass killing would there be if the thief's/psycho's  knew every time they tried to rob someone or go off and kill a bunch of people...would there actually be?

sorry if I was mean.....or insulted you, that was wrong.

Offline hlbly

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #213 on: August 25, 2012, 03:08:35 PM »
Franklin's actual quote was: "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

This has been mangled by many over the years... Still a valid statement though, especially today.
Actually he said it both ways .   Either quote is correct . I will find the book I got it from .

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
« Reply #214 on: August 25, 2012, 03:15:56 PM »
I don't own guns....not a "gun guy"  but I will die long before I allow them to control me and my life.

Is there some conspiracy I'm missing out on? As far as I can tell, there is no loudspeaker in my house where the government yells their orders to me.

every person in this country should be armed, it should be part of the school curriculum.....  how many robberies or burglaries or mass killing would there be if the thief's/psycho's  knew every time they tried to rob someone or go off and kill a bunch of people...would there actually be?

Thankfully, this will never come to fruition. We don't live in the Wild West.

sorry if I was mean.....or insulted you, that was wrong.

My skin's not that thin.

Offline hlbly

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #215 on: August 25, 2012, 03:16:32 PM »
I'm rolling my eyes at those who use this quote to argue against any and all forms of law that "take away your liberty". I'm glad people are not allowed to carry whatever they want on planes, or buy C4 or a flamethrower or heroin at a local WalMart, or carry assault rifles around on the street,  but that's just me. My point is that there is room for argument on both sides and that a quote doesn't invalidate any and all forms of "security at the cost of liberty."
What has all of that to do with gun control or the 2nd amendment ? Funny thing is statistics are overwhelmingly on the side of fewer gun control laws leading to lower violent crime rates . The legal giants of the 19th century all clearly stated that the 2nd amendment was an individual right that could not be abridged . You have to go all the way to the dawn of the 20th century to find a legal opinion to the contrary . I have more faith in individuals that were contemporaries appointed to the federal bench by the founding fathers , opinion than anyone else s . Upon what do you base the opinion that you are safer with more control than less ? States with right to carry laws have lower gross and per capita violent crimes than those with out . A fact I just learned in the last few days .
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 03:19:20 PM by hlbly »

Offline hlbly

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #216 on: August 25, 2012, 03:22:16 PM »
Thank you for your service.

What service was/is he in Ardy ? I have never met anyone that has sworn to support and defend the constitution in favor of limiting it . Until now ? I can't remember who had the loud speaker in my home comment . They don't do it like that they use things like administrative rules . You know those things that carry the  weight and penalty of law but provide you no legal protection or recourse .
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 03:25:09 PM by hlbly »

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #217 on: August 25, 2012, 04:17:27 PM »
maybe I misunderstood tj.... I read his post at the airport. Is he serving or is he being sarcastic?

I read it as he was
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 04:26:17 PM by Ardy123 »
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline Vudu15

• Gold Member
« Reply #218 on: August 25, 2012, 04:41:40 PM »
There are times i wish it was the wild west.....where the strength of your word and your knowledge or the world around you was the only thing keeping you in one piece. Where when you shot a man in self defense that for the most part would be the end of it. The times of the mountain men and the early Texas rangers...
"No odds too great"

"I was a horse ahead at the end" - Nathan Bedford Forrest
Training Video List https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL54E5CE

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
« Reply #219 on: August 25, 2012, 06:52:15 PM »
maybe I misunderstood tj.... I read his post at the airport. Is he serving or is he being sarcastic?

I read it as he was

Sarcasm is one of my most endearing qualities. No, I am not serving. Sorry if I gave that impression.

Hlbly, was I the only one who saw this?

Hmm so I guess the people in..
Louisiana--Rank: 1; Household Gun Ownership: 45.6 percent; Gun Death Rate: 18.03 per 100,000.
Wyoming--Rank: 2; Household Gun Ownership: 62.8 percent; Gun Death Rate: 17.64 per 100,000.
Alabama--Rank: 3; Household Gun Ownership: 57.2 percent; Gun Death Rate: 17.63 per 100,000.
Montana--Rank: 4; Household Gun Ownership: 61.4 percent; Gun Death Rate: 17.03 per 100,000.
Mississippi--Rank: 5; Household Gun Ownership: 54.3 percent; Gun Death Rate: 16.50 per 100,000.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #220 on: August 25, 2012, 08:32:37 PM »
There are times i wish it was the wild west.....where the strength of your word and your knowledge or the world around you was the only thing keeping you in one piece. Where when you shot a man in self defense that for the most part would be the end of it. The times of the mountain men and the early Texas rangers...

somehow I think that if you shot anybody self defense or not his family would come after you to avenge the 'family honor".   or if you proved to be a man of speed then others would come after you trying to claim the title.

semp

you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #221 on: August 25, 2012, 08:42:05 PM »
Mexico has some of the strictest gun control laws around - it works really really well.

(Also, look at Norway. 69 kids dead on an island because noone had a gun, that could have been stopped)
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
« Reply #222 on: August 25, 2012, 08:42:28 PM »

What's wrong with a world where an argument with your neighbor could turn into the next Hatfield's and Mccoy's?

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
« Reply #223 on: August 25, 2012, 08:45:21 PM »
Mexico has some of the strictest gun control laws around - it works really really well.

And also one of the most corrupt police forces in the world.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 08:47:00 PM by TonyJoey »

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #224 on: August 25, 2012, 08:47:57 PM »
And also one of the most corrupt police forces.

My point remains valid.
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."