Author Topic: Gun control laws do they work ?  (Read 20486 times)

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
Re: Gun control laws do they work ?
« Reply #225 on: August 25, 2012, 08:51:00 PM »
My point remains valid.

Umm, no it doesn't. Laws are useless when you can just bribe your way out of them. 

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #226 on: August 25, 2012, 08:54:19 PM »
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
« Reply #227 on: August 25, 2012, 08:59:35 PM »
Yes it does.

Laws are useless when you can bribe your way out of them. For the point to be valid, you would have to believe that the US and Mexico are similar enough, especially with regards to the legal system, to compare the effectiveness of gun laws.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #228 on: August 25, 2012, 09:04:01 PM »
:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

sorry but your rollseye made me laugh....obviously you don't want your freedom and would rather be a sheep than a man....let me guess the first sign of trouble you call 911....oh come save me....help me....I need help......

take the responsibility of YOUR life into YOU'RE hands...don't expect someone else to came save you.

but then again I guess this world needs all kinds....so never mind continue being a sheep.

that quote is one of the best there is. :aok

Agreed
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline acfireguy26

• Nickel Member
      • FW
« Reply #229 on: August 25, 2012, 09:06:30 PM »
Wow a political thread. Skuzzdusky must be on vacation. :noid

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #230 on: August 25, 2012, 09:08:15 PM »
I'm glad people are not allowed to carry whatever they want on planes

Prepare to be terrified, I am allowed to carry WHATEVER I want on an airplane WHENEVER and WHEREVER I want. (So can the other 600,000 pilots in the United States)

Thoroughly horrifying, I know.
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #231 on: August 25, 2012, 09:12:35 PM »
Prepare to be terrified, I am allowed to carry WHATEVER I want on an airplane WHENEVER and WHEREVER I want. (So can the other 600,000 pilots in the United States)

Yes only the pilot and the criminals will have what they wanted.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #232 on: August 25, 2012, 09:13:33 PM »
Yes only the pilot and the criminals will have what they wanted.

I want some pumpkin pie, so I do not have what I want!

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
« Reply #233 on: August 25, 2012, 09:13:52 PM »

Hold on there Jethro. Do you still believe that Mexico and the US are similar enough, especially with regards to the legal system, to be able to compare the effectiveness of gun laws, or any laws for that matter? Let's please deal with these things one at a time, otherwise I get confused and we go in circles, so let's just try to clear this one point up before we move on.

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #234 on: August 25, 2012, 09:22:51 PM »
Hold on there Jethro.

LOL. 3 posts until I got called a name.

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
« Reply #235 on: August 25, 2012, 09:28:04 PM »
LOL. 3 posts until I got called a name.

Never seen the Beverly Hillbillies I presume.

Lighten up, Francis. Oops, guess I called you another name.  :eek:

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #236 on: August 25, 2012, 09:36:26 PM »
Mexico has some of the strictest gun control laws around - it works really really well.

(Also, look at Norway. 69 kids dead on an island because noone had a gun, that could have been stopped)

this is nra bs.  anybody can own guns in mexico, they only thing that they cannot legally own is those which are reserved for the army such as fully automatic or handguns higher than a 9mm or something like that.

also look at the usa to see how good the guns are.  9 shot by police trying to stop a single individual.  you think the police would be the ones trained for a shooting.  dont forget also this one, navy vet shot by police in her own backyard.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/family-navy-vet-shot-startled-deputy-seeks-answers-193729306.html

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
« Reply #237 on: August 25, 2012, 09:36:55 PM »
Spongebob even used it.  :rofl :rofl :rofl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXVd44X9R20

You got me!

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #238 on: August 25, 2012, 10:44:03 PM »
I'm rolling my eyes at those who use this quote to argue against any and all forms of law that "take away your liberty". I'm glad people are not allowed to carry whatever they want on planes, or buy C4 or a flamethrower or heroin at a local WalMart, or carry assault rifles around on the street,  but that's just me. My point is that there is room for argument on both sides and that a quote doesn't invalidate any and all forms of "security at the cost of liberty."
Pathetic and weak. I thought you were up for intelligent debate as opposed to making your points with ridiculous extremes that don't represent any reality.

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
« Reply #239 on: August 25, 2012, 10:49:25 PM »
Pathetic and weak. I thought you were up for intelligent debate as opposed to making your points with ridiculous extremes that don't represent any reality.

I'd say those examples are just as extreme as using a quote to invalidate any and all forms of security at the cost of liberty.