Author Topic: Great Screenshot from Rook/Knit action last night  (Read 3465 times)

Offline gldnbb

• Copper Member
Re: Great Screenshot from Rook/Knit action last night
« Reply #45 on: August 31, 2012, 06:26:31 PM »
So... there were 4 full sector of red darbar and the DDs had 2 full pony wings at 20k in the middle, even more, you are as proud that you even make a BBS "neener" thread about it???
wow, you guys rock

eh, "kitten picture", doh

Whut  Debrody?   (see response below) :rofl

Anyway,  :salute to the thread (Especially RB), and here's  :cheers: to a new era of camaraderie, sportsmanship, and the stuff by which legends are birthed: good fights.

Amen 80hd..

Well the story is,
......I land. Another player was running his jet home (not a squaddie) and asked on country if someone could clear him of this pony, as he was inured, so I upped an LA to try to clear him so he could land, after having the pony run from my LA for roughly 10+ minutes, maybe longer, I gave up and bailed out, out of shear bordem....I admit to pm'ing GldnBB and Pand, however that was probably the first time I have ever PM'ed someone like that, but I just wasn't having a good day or week for that matter in general, IRL and IG...
I apologized to both of them at least twice now, and once again I do apologize for the PM's gents, it is out of character for me and I am not exactly proud of it but it's been a bad week for me.

:salute

While Redbull is a good guy,  and a big salute back to him,   the myth needs to be dispelled before others in the community attempt to analyze and give false ego bloated responses (aka Debrody).    The  photo of the Mad Kitty bailing out of the LA7 was due to this story:

The AAR:
DD fighter sweep is over a Knit Enemy base (A244)?    and I spot a low 262 engine smoking heading northward away from 244(?).   This 262 was earlier giving grief between our base and the base we were attacking.     I dive toward the 262,  giving chase on the deck  and slowly catching over the course of 1.5 sectors, watching him attempt to drag me over a locomotive,   then get into his own base's dar ring.     3 Knits had upped:  P38, P47, and La7...   The LA7  heading at me in a HO.  I break to the slight right and start climbing,  with the LA7  immediately reversing and holding behind me 1.5K  steadily.

I start a good climb rate all the way up to 10K,   with the LA7 slowly gaining to 800.  Turning slight left and right and shallowing the climb,  the LA7  takes some pot shots but miss and  is climbing outside my slow turn radius.    I get to 11K   and  just fly around their own base looking for the 262 with the LA7 in tow (and also a P47M I picked up at 11K)  but now both falling behind.  Snailman lands his 262 in the process somewhere (too bad).

RedBull then bails out of his aircraft in disgust and in an attempt to find out who was running away,  then proceeds  to use other comparisons and put downs I rather not say  (perhaps Debrody would like to ask Redbull in private),  but responded to him that the P51 on the deck against an LA7 will lose the fight  (most of the time).   The only remaining option was to climb above 10k  where the P51 can have an adequate fight against the LA7 and the P47 and P38 that had upped.   Afterward he apologized for his frustrations that night and saluted me

Berating in private text by him is not something to be salutable Debrody,  check your facts first before going on a rant about this thread.    The only salutable thing I recognize is Redbull's  good nature  to recognize he was wrong and apologized to me almost instantly.     The Aces high community in general should take notice of Redbull's admirable apology  and they should apply the same techniques when they are presented an unfair fight.  Hint:  there is never a fair fight,  only the one who gets shot down  and the other who flies away to fight another day.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 06:39:56 PM by gldnbb »
To fly or not to fly, that is the question
-The Golden BB-

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #46 on: August 31, 2012, 07:20:37 PM »
:rock

Long Time Mazz hopefully you return around the time I will.

Looking forward to knocking off the rust  with another excellent stick.  :salute

Indeed - though, if I recall correctly, you seemed more adept at knocking me around; rust or no rust.  Cheers to both.   :aok

Was on the telephone with a mate last night, discussing details of an upcoming trip, and absentmindedly responded to a query with "In."

This triggered a chain reaction of events ultimately resulting in the foregoing post, inspection of plastic, e-pilot paraphernalia and a PM to the good uncle.

The way I figure; one more 30mm newb in Main can't hurt.

See ya up.

-Mike

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: August 31, 2012, 08:51:17 PM »
In response to the AAR above:

......RedBull then bails out of his aircraft in disgust and in an attempt to find out who was running away,  then proceeds  to use other comparisons and put downs I rather not say  (perhaps Debrody would like to ask Redbull in private),  but responded to him that the P51 on the deck against an LA7 will lose the fight  (most of the time).   The only remaining option was to climb above 10k  where the P51 can have an adequate fight against the LA7 and the P47 and P38 that had upped.  

shame shame shame. I wish people wouldn't get in 51s if they're afraid to at least TRY and fight....especially in a 1 on 1 situation. I'm reminded of what SkatSr. would of told me if I were being chased like that. He would of simply said, " turn around and kill the guy"  :lol.
The LA7 would end up running the 51 down anyway. The LA7 would out-climb the 51, and besides....you really need to get the LALA above 15K not 10k. My point is, you'll never improve your flying skills or knowledge of your aircraft and your opponents aircraft if you don't fight when you have a chance. I can understand running for some help if 3 or 4 bad guys are chasing you, but not 1. This is the kind of thing that gave the "insert squad name here" their bad rap. They're real fighters when they're 10 or 15 deep, but in a 1 on 1 they have not heart.

Do you guys forget that this is just a game and no one really dies and you get a new plane when the sortie ends? last week I had a spixteen chasing me. I could have easily out ran him, but I chose to turn around just to see what would happen. Yeah, I got nailed but he probably felt good he got the kill and I won't be on the evening news labled a gutless chicken in a cartoon game.  ;) I just when back in a spixteen of my own and got my kill back.  :devil "I'd like to think that the game wouldn't be so funked up if more people would just turn around and kill the guy".
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 08:53:48 PM by uptown »
Lighten up Francis

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: August 31, 2012, 08:56:30 PM »

......RedBull then bails out of his aircraft in disgust and in an attempt to find out who was running away,  then proceeds  to use other comparisons and put downs I rather not say  (perhaps Debrody would like to ask Redbull in private),  but responded to him that the P51 on the deck against an LA7 will lose the fight  (most of the time).   The only remaining option was to climb above 10k  where the P51 can have an adequate fight against the LA7 and the P47 and P38 that had upped.  

shame shame shame. I wish people wouldn't get in 51s if they're afraid to at least TRY and fight....especially in a 1 on 1 situation. I'm reminded of what SkatSr. would of told me if I were being chased like that. He would of simply said, " turn around and kill the guy"  :lol.
The LA7 would end up running the 51 down anyway. The LA7 would out-climb the 51, and besides....you really need to get the LALA above 15K not 10k. My point is, you'll never improve your flying skills or knowledge of your aircraft and your opponents aircraft if you don't fight when you have a chance. I can understand running for some help if 3 or 4 bad guys are chasing you, but not 1. This is the kind of thing that gave the "insert squad name here" their bad rap. They're real fighters when they're 10 or 15 deep, but in a 1 on 1 they have not heart.

Do you guys forget that this is just a game and no one really dies and you get a new plane when the sortie ends? last week I had a spixteen chasing me. I could have easily out ran him, but I chose to turn around just to see what would happen. Yeah, I got nailed but he probably felt good he got the kill and I won't be on the evening news labled a gutless chicken in a cartoon game.  ;) I just when back in a spixteen of my own and got my kill back.  :devil "I'd like to think that the game wouldn't be so funked up if more people would just turn around and kill the guy".

I bail out alot when little timid twits keep playing the game the lame way. Then I get to send them a lovely pm.
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: August 31, 2012, 09:00:51 PM »

well said :aok

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: August 31, 2012, 10:21:34 PM »
Inaccurate picture; The puddy cat surely should be in the P51  ;)
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube+Twitch - 20Dolby10

"BE a man and shoot me in the back" - pez

Offline Pand

• Silver Member
      • Pand's Fighter Wing
« Reply #51 on: August 31, 2012, 10:25:17 PM »
Inaccurate picture; The puddy cat surely should be in the P51  ;)
You haven't seen Redbull's avatar :)  <S> Dolbs

Regards,

Pandemonium
"HORDE not HOARD. Unless someone has a dragon sitting on top of a bunch of La7s somewhere." -80hd

Offline gldnbb

• Copper Member
« Reply #52 on: September 01, 2012, 12:26:38 AM »
shame shame shame. I wish people wouldn't get in 51s if they're afraid to at least TRY and fight....especially in a 1 on 1 situation.
The LA7 would end up running the 51 down anyway. The LA7 would out-climb the 51, and besides....you really need to get the LALA above 15K not 10k.  

Shame shame shame for selectively reading my post.   Did you not see that a p47 and p38  and an LA7  upped?    To say the very least,  IF I chose to fight the LA7,  drained my E,   the P47 and P38 would have come right over.    Yea   3 vs.1    not  1 vs. 1  as you 'choose to believe'.      The fact is I was 1.5 sectors away from the nearest friendly fighter  and  had just enough   'E'  to climb away and get to a safe distance of only   1.0  when level 11k.       And yes,   I always outperform LA7s  at  11K,   always able to extend and equalize the fight slightly in my favor of performance.  Fight my own fight,  not the LA7's fight.     Don't need 15k to do that.

Oh and had just enough E to barely get turned around due south to RTB without the p47M getting within 1.5k      Smart use of E  and rtbed...  

Cough....  13K through 16.5 K has the worst performance of a P51D and no WEP...     11K  has plenty of  WEP and more than enough to walk away  when initial airspeed is less than 300mph.   I do it all the time against the LA7.    Next false argument?  Oh yes  'the game'.    So is Chess,  you don't really die  but you still  try to exploit your strengths to outsmart the adversary to win the 'match'.   Not lose the match (aka die).

<S>
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 12:54:36 AM by gldnbb »
-The Golden BB-

Offline gldnbb

• Copper Member
« Reply #53 on: September 01, 2012, 12:31:01 AM »
Comparison chart:   P51D  vs  LA7.

In fact the P51D flies faster than the LA7 soon after 8000feet with WEP,  and about 10,000 without WEP.   To continue the climb past 15k would be suicide   :aok

http://www.hitechcreations.com/component/option,com_ahplaneperf/Itemid,221/view,ahplaneperf/index.php
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 12:49:59 AM by gldnbb »
-The Golden BB-

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: September 01, 2012, 12:53:17 AM »
I don't see where people get off running, flying at 30k, bnz'ing and running to other buddies. WHERE IS THE FUN IN NOT FIGHTING? Some people here are a complete joke with their theories on how to play the game.

"I play to my advantage" < only timid flyers say that...nothing is enter than being at a disadvantage and then turn the tables on the enemy.
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: September 01, 2012, 01:02:19 AM »
If thats true...
if that was a pony vs a lala, a 38 and a jug, why RB "saluted" all the 50 DDs who got assist on him (as he said)?
if you were alone, why he PMed Pand, as he said? How he knew Pand was involved?
Something is wrong, or i cant match the items into a logical consequence. Not even after i talked to RedBull. Maybe its caused by the hangover... My brain itches... my bad.

Cant wait to shoot your collective running err planes-advantage-using butt down tho (it possibly works vice versa too)  :aok
AoM
City of ice

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: September 01, 2012, 01:21:49 AM »
I don't see where people get off running, flying at 30k, bnz'ing and running to other buddies. WHERE IS THE FUN IN NOT FIGHTING? Some people here are a complete joke with their theories on how to play the game.
(Image removed from quote.)
"I play to my advantage" < only timid flyers say that...nothing is enter than being at a disadvantage and then turn the tables on the enemy.

Keep in mind you're one of the best pilots and can survive more easily.

Many others can't do that yet so they will run to buds or ack to try and even the odds with an aggressive pilot.  Nothing wrong with that, for them.

Being looked at as a baby seal, getting shot down, having to reup and climb out to be shot down again without a bud or ack help can get frustrating until you become good.  It was for me at one time.

It is a combat sim, but even in real combat, having buds around you or in ship/field guns helping each other is valid.

I'll be glad to fight you as will others if you announce where you are on 200 when you can't find a good fight. :)

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline SWkiljoy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #57 on: September 01, 2012, 03:51:57 AM »
to the OP, too funny :aok :lol
to the old men that smell of vinegar.... Go get yourself some, yes that involves women and leaving your beloved pc.  :huh

:cheers:
Proud member and Flight Leader of the 125th Spartan Warriors
<<S>> SWkiljoy

Offline ALFAMEGA51

• Silver Member
« Reply #58 on: September 01, 2012, 07:15:00 AM »
 :rofl Good laughs all around fellers! cheers!  :cheers:
ID:ALFAMEGA/Kyle
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Undercover Jug pilot "My brick always flys wing"

Offline gldnbb

• Copper Member
« Reply #59 on: September 01, 2012, 10:37:30 AM »
If thats true...
if that was a pony vs a lala, a 38 and a jug, why RB "saluted" all the 50 DDs who got assist on him (as he said)?
if you were alone, why he PMed Pand, as he said? How he knew Pand was involved?
Something is wrong, or i cant match the items into a logical consequence. Not even after i talked to RedBull. Maybe its caused by the hangover... My brain itches... my bad.

Cant wait to shoot your collective running err planes-advantage-using butt down tho (it possibly works vice versa too)  :aok

Two different time frames buddy....         Didn't occur at the same time..    RB's  encounter with '50 DD's    wasn't  the same as my encounter with him.    I  just couldn't believe RB would PM those thing to me, so I informed my squad of this pilot's  PM.  We all found it unbelievably funny,  and at the end  all found it admirable RB  apologized and saluted me.      

Apparently RB had gone off on Pand on a previous sortie so was having a bad day.   RB  did post that he had  three different sorties.     His 262 vs.  DD's  sortie #1,    then his LA7 vs. ME   sortie #2,   the third sortie well is irrelvant to this topic :)

Moving on.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 10:41:45 AM by gldnbb »
-The Golden BB-