Author Topic: My Wife Asks Me..  (Read 4287 times)

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
Re: My Wife Asks Me..
« Reply #60 on: September 01, 2012, 12:29:08 PM »
I make no apologies for driving without a seatbelt.  I simply explain the fine would be the price I pay for freedom.  I've never been fined for it.

Thats the same excuse given for violation of motorcycle helmet laws. As if you need to tell cognitive people that wearing a motorcycle helmet is a sensible thing to do.
As far as I am concerned seatbelt and helmet laws should be repealed and the results left to Darwin to sort out. However it was my job and as already pointed out, the democratically elected government instigated the law, it was merely my job to enforce it.

Also, if you are injured exercising your freedom not to wear a helmet or seatbelt, emergency services should be allowed to exercise their own freedom not to treat fools who have been instrumental in their own injuries :aok
"You kill 'em all, I'll eat the BATCO!"
The GFC

"Not within a thousand years will man ever fly" - Wilbur Wright

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #61 on: September 01, 2012, 12:46:46 PM »
Thats the same excuse given for violation of motorcycle helmet laws. As if you need to tell cognitive people that wearing a motorcycle helmet is a sensible thing to do.
As far as I am concerned seatbelt and helmet laws should be repealed and the results left to Darwin to sort out. However it was my job and as already pointed out, the democratically elected government instigated the law, it was merely my job to enforce it.

Also, if you are injured exercising your freedom not to wear a helmet or seatbelt, emergency services should be allowed to exercise their own freedom not to treat fools who have been instrumental in their own injuries :aok

The fact that your attitude is shared by doctors, and on the advice of 3 doctors I stopped being an organ donor after purchasing a motorcycle.
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #62 on: September 01, 2012, 01:01:15 PM »
 :headscratch:
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
« Reply #63 on: September 01, 2012, 01:12:51 PM »
The fact that your attitude is shared by doctors, and on the advice of 3 doctors I stopped being an organ donor after purchasing a motorcycle.

Being that I am an avid motorcyclist, I have got to hear this story.  Looking forward to see if there is more logic in this decision than the one you made about wearing seat belts.

Fred
One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine, is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine... - From a Soviet Junior Lt's Notebook

Offline BERN1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #64 on: September 01, 2012, 01:36:00 PM »
I also have been pulled over a few times in my 20 years of driving. 75 in a 55 at 5 a.m. I pull over shut off the truck and have my papers out the window when the officer pulls up.
Officer: "You know why I pulled you over?"
Me: I might have been speeding
officer: oh yea! you were speeding,can you tell me why you are in such a hurry?
Me:I am late for work and it is just down the road
Officer: how is your driving record?
Me: up until now perfect
Officer <chuckles> I will be back after I check your record...
he let me off...they usually do except for the time my car smelled a lil funny but that is for another night.
basically if you remain calm and courteous the pigs....errr officers will too :devil

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #65 on: September 01, 2012, 01:46:14 PM »
Being that I am an avid motorcyclist, I have got to hear this story.  Looking forward to see if there is more logic in this decision than the one you made about wearing seat belts.

Fred

There is nothing wrong with my seatbelt logic.  I refuse to do comply with anything simply because the gov't says to.
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #66 on: September 01, 2012, 01:49:30 PM »
so what do you do when you see a sign that says "Govt Warning: Dont Jump Off This Cliff!" :D
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline SEraider

• Silver Member
« Reply #67 on: September 01, 2012, 01:50:20 PM »
Just reading the 1st few threads, I been a victim of a police officer falsifying my statements on a police report.  I fought that report the best I could but ultimately I did not win.  I felt robbed of my dignity and a official beared false witness.  That is the 1st I felt contempt for any officer.

That being said; I believe in all that Law Enforcement is the most honest part of government.  I can also name 20 other encounters with officers that were very professional and just.  

I don't believe painting them with a broad brush is responsible.  I respect officers despite that one incident I listed above.
* I am the embodiment of Rule #14
* History is only recent.
* Stick and Stones won't break my bones, but names could "hurt" me.

CO Screaming Eagles

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #68 on: September 01, 2012, 02:16:24 PM »
There is nothing wrong with my seatbelt logic.  I refuse to do comply with anything simply because the gov't says to.

I have a feeling you and I would get along very well in the RW :salute

(and that is rare thing)

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #69 on: September 01, 2012, 02:24:33 PM »

A&E doctors call motorcyclists POD's. Standing for Potential Organ Donors, I have been riding since 1994 and have had 2 major accidents. 1 career ending. Both would have been fatal, or worse ended with me pvs had i not been wearing a lid.
"You kill 'em all, I'll eat the BATCO!"
The GFC

"Not within a thousand years will man ever fly" - Wilbur Wright

Offline Zodiac

• Copper Member
« Reply #70 on: September 01, 2012, 04:26:39 PM »
Rear ended and rolled by a full size Kenworth hauling Amish furniture on interstate 80.  My only injury was a sore shoulder from my trusty safety belt.  I found the trucker on the side of the road crying hysterically after the crash.  She was just repeating "I killed him" over and over.  It was kinda strange because my brain was so generous with the designer drugs it was dumping into my bloodstream that I felt at least 300% more alive than I usually do.  

Even funnier that the boss told me to wreck that truck about a week earlier so I could have a new one.  The thing that baffled everyone the most, including the trucker & state trooper was how the topper stayed on while the frame was bent in a few places and I broke every axle but one.

I made the morning news by making so many people late to work.  It was a busy highway.  The Kenworth sustained a punctured radiator but no grill damage.

How many exactly did they cram onto that tiny frame?   :huh
Member DFC
Quote from: Skuzzy
No cookie for you.
Quote from: Wiley
If they want to run to their ack or friendlies that's fine.  It's up to me to catch them and not get killed in the process if I can.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #71 on: September 01, 2012, 04:47:52 PM »
Thanks CAP, but I have no illusions about that.. Went thru the blame everything and everyone else thing..
Cut away all the mental garbage, and the truth remains, my words did this.. I can recall the words verbatim!
I can still hear his voice too!

Should have said COME HOME.. He'd still be here..
Guess I have a grip on reality huh? Even when it hurts..

you sound like the kind of man that every son or daughter should have for a father. i wished ya lived closer. i'd meet up with ya for a drink or 5. from the sound of it, you're a good man.   and thank you for your service, and sacrifice.   :salute
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline RngFndr

• Nickel Member
« Reply #72 on: September 02, 2012, 10:25:54 AM »
you sound like the kind of man that every son or daughter should have for a father. i wished ya lived closer. i'd meet up with ya for a drink or 5. from the sound of it, you're a good man.   and thank you for your service, and sacrifice.   :salute

I think we'd have a good time.. Ever hit the west coast, look me up.. Thx  :salute

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #73 on: September 02, 2012, 10:31:01 AM »
 Read a very good book years ago. Think the title was "How to avoid a speeding ticket" written by a former State Trooper.

Like others have said you need to put the Officer at ease for he has never met you and will think the worse until he finds out otherwise.

Pull over calmly and safely if possible. Leave both hands on the wheel there will be plenty of time to get your Id later while he watches. Nothing is worse than fumbling around while he's walking up. Don't lie that will just piss him off.

I was traveling on a local highway at night and went by a hidden trooper. He hit his lights as I passed and I knew it was me he was after. I pulled over and waited for him. Got off with a warning for being honest and friendly.

You may run into an irate cop but taking the ticket and driving away is better than spending time at thier place.    

The few times I have been pulled over.....
I do so in a place, and far enough over so the Officer is in a safe possition when approaching my vehicle. He is doing his job. I do not want to see him hit by some idiot driving by starting and the pretty blinking lights.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #74 on: September 03, 2012, 12:41:15 AM »

Have to remember, dead man pay no taxes. :)
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.