Author Topic: Can Anyone Run MAX Everything?  (Read 16864 times)

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: Can Anyone Run MAX Everything?
« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2012, 05:56:02 PM »
well i play with a 2500k, sli evga 465 and 16gb ram and 5760x1080 resolution.  have no problems whatsoever.  your system is a lot less powerful than mine.  I say you are over taxing your system.

semp

Explain this then:

alienware aurora
ATI Radeon 5970 2GB GDDR5 eyefinity setup (3 monitors)
Intel i7 930 processor
Xeno pro frame rate booster
1TB memory

Everything is on except slider is only 1/4%. With 3 monitor setup frame rate usually around 25 to 30 except in heavy GV battles dips to around 15 but I have no problems running the game at these frame rates.

And

i Have a Phenom 2 X2 Black Edition (Callisto) O.C. to 4 ghz stable along with dual 6870 ATI graphics cards and 10 gigs ram
B4 update it was solid 60 fps no matter what i had turned on. Now i can run AH with the slider full and all options checked but shadows
on other players and it gives me a solid 30 fps.

Im curious why i can run bf3 on ultimate with no issue, but the most i get from AH full is 30.
not complaining or anything  :aok

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: September 04, 2012, 06:07:20 PM »
well i play with a 2500k, sli evga 465 and 16gb ram and 5760x1080 resolution.  have no problems whatsoever.  your system is a lot less powerful than mine.  I say you are over taxing your system.

semp

Sure I'm stressing it, but that wasn't the point of my post was it.
now posting as SirNuke

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #47 on: September 04, 2012, 06:12:07 PM »
I have an Intel I7-2600k system and an AMD 975 quad-core system, both will run AH with
all graphics on or maxed using 4096 shadows @ 1920 x 1200 or 1080 at a constant 59/60 frame rate

TC

I'm running a i7-950 with an ASUS Sabertooth MB and 12 GIgs of DDR3-1800 and a brand new GTX 660Ti 2gig and can't even get close to running maxed at 2096

Ps- I have two GTX 460s for sale cheap....PM me
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #48 on: September 04, 2012, 06:58:05 PM »
I'm running a i7-950 with an ASUS Sabertooth MB and 12 GIgs of DDR3-1800 and a brand new GTX 660Ti 2gig and can't even get close to ru prnningo maxed at 2096

Ps- I have two GTX 460s for sale cheap....PM me

Heya Changeup,  I think it has alot more to do with how one sets up and tweaks their system, much more
than what components they use....  to a degree that is....

next, I would say...  everyone does not run the same processes or programs, which really makes it nearly
impossible to make exact comparisions

Hope this helps

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: September 04, 2012, 07:02:17 PM »
Heya Changeup,  I think it has alot more to do with how one sets up and tweaks their system, much more
than what components they use....  to a degree that is....

next, I would say...  everyone does not run the same processes or programs, which really makes it nearly
impossible to make exact comparisions

Hope this helps

TC

This,
Even though I have a sweet bellybutton setup, the reason I can run aces high on full graphics etc I have absolutely nothing running in the background, I also have windows set to medicore settings so It actually improves my game play.
One other thing - In Geforce there is a setting for "Performance, balanced, or quality" I used to have to set my laptop to "performance" to have the graphics on high, which made them look kind of crappy, where if I used Quality my FPS would go through the floor, even if I had the graphics on bare minimum.

On this rig, I simply have it as Quality, however I did have a slight problem early on - when I was around "Fire" i.e in a ground vehicle, my FPS dropped from 60 to 15, thus is when I turned off the graphics for windows (Customized my taskbar) I turned off the fancy stuff off and it brought me around 30fps in fire - but my FPS overall doesn't drop below 60.
JG 52

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: September 04, 2012, 07:20:55 PM »
Explain this then:

And

well explain why I can play with full settings? I am not unique.  there's lots of things that affect the game.  for example do you have steam installed.  do you use file sharing programs.  do you watch a lot of pron and have lots of virus.  do you have a good heatsink installed.  components overheating will cause your computer to slow down.

titanic one thing to point out is that if it was the game then it would affect EVERYBODY.  but if it only affects a few then more than likely the system itself has a problem.  little things like having the right drivers or which antivirus you use will affect your computer speed. that along with the fact that you have a slow processor and are trying to play with full settings is your problem, not the game.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: September 04, 2012, 09:51:20 PM »
oh titanic gonna save you some typing.  my computer is way faster than yours about 4 or 5 times faster.  and I cant play with shadows at 8196 and cant play with the new sliders on.  but I again know my system's limitations.  you do know that a man has to know his computer's limitations don ya :).

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: September 04, 2012, 10:12:34 PM »
So at point can a PC run AH with 8192 shadows and new sliders on?  :lol

No wait, lemme guess, 2 more weeks.

semp

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: September 04, 2012, 10:14:43 PM »

In two weeks he'll accept my DA request. Carry on.
JG 52

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #54 on: September 04, 2012, 10:30:54 PM »

If it will make you happy I can take out the 8192 from the option, then you can run on full settings.

-------------------------------

Did it ever occur to you that the options could be run 2048 with smooth shadow, or higher res with out smooth shadow?

This idea that you can run some games at full, and not AH is a very very strange view point, similar to it goes all the way to 11. Per your view point I could simply pull out options , then you could run full and be happy.

The requirements and choices made by AH vs other games is drastically different. Please tell me what other game has has a vis range of 18 miles and a playing area with out reloading of 262144 square miles that plays from both a ground point of view and an air point of view and supports a 1000 people in 1 virtual arena.

Other games make other choice and make these choice based on the games criteria, just as any design there are always trade offs.

Can AH do some things better, of course it can, just like almost any product besides coke.

PS.
I also have never been happy with the performance and look of the smooth shadow, it is just 1 of many things I am not satisfied with that we will get to when the item rates it.

HiTech

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: September 04, 2012, 10:44:02 PM »
If it will make you happy I can take out the 8192 from the option, then you can run on full settings.

Did it ever occur to you that the options could be run 2048 with smooth shadow, or higher res with out smooth shadow?

This idea that you can run some games at full, and not AH is a very very strange view point, similar to it goes all the way to 11. Per your view point I could simply pull out options , then you could run full and be happy.

The requirements and choices made by AH vs other games is drastically different. Please tell me what other game has has a vis range of 18 miles and a playing area with out reloading of 262144 square miles that plays from both a ground point of view and an air point of view and supports a 1000 people in 1 virtual arena.

Other games make other choice and make these choice based on the games criteria, just as any design there are always trade offs.

Can AH do some things better, of course it can, just like almost any product besides coke.

PS.
I also have never been happy with the performance and look of the smooth shadow, it is just 1 of many things I am not satisfied with that we will get to when the item rates it.

HiTech

Arma 2 comes pretty close, land and ground, 10km visibility range, not a 1000 players in one server but ~100. Though I'm sure the detail packed into the 10km zone is more than what AH has in it's 18mile zone.

And no, I'm happy with the way AH is right now. But could it be improved? Sure, any game can. I'm just curious as to why there is an even option for 8192 shadows if only a handful of people can even run it. Semp is going head over heels because he still thinks (after what? 2 threads and 100 posts?) that I'm hating Aces High. I'm not, otherwise, why would I play it?

And I'm puzzled, 18 miles? You can barely see past 15K (about 8.2 miles). Why render another 10?  :headscratch:

And my question is still unanswered. At what point will you be able to run AH at "max" settings for curiosity sakes? Some of these guys have the best PCs money can buy and they can't do it. So what can? And why?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 10:48:36 PM by titanic3 »

semp

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: September 04, 2012, 10:46:24 PM »

HiTech

Very well said.   I'd much rather see those options and not run "maxed out" than have a limited set of options to claim "maxed out".  The comparision to other game's "maxed out" settings is silly since their definition of max is very different from game to game.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 11:10:17 PM by Midway »

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: September 04, 2012, 11:04:17 PM »

HiTech

In his defense Hitech, he's only a kid, pretty much to stupid to understand when people came from VGA and bought their first video card. Then again text based games were before everything started, some people simply won't understand.

JG 52

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: September 04, 2012, 11:09:53 PM »
In his defense Hitech, he's only a kid, pretty much to stupid to understand when people came from VGA and bought their first video card. Then again text based games were before everything started, some people simply won't understand.

:rofl Or maybe this "kid" actually does his research and some people including you are too stupid to read my posts and actually answer the questions I'm asking. So again, for the third time.

At what point will you be able to run AH at "max" settings for curiosity sakes? Some of these guys have the best PCs money can buy and they can't do it. So what can? And why?

semp

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: September 04, 2012, 11:16:42 PM »
:rofl Or maybe this "kid" actually does his research and some people including you are too stupid to read my posts and actually answer the questions I'm asking. So again, for the third time.

At what point will you be able to run AH at "max" settings for curiosity sakes? Some of these guys have the best PCs money can buy and they can't do it. So what can? And why?

Please describe how you see 10km in Arma 2 - I'd so dearly love to see this. As any simulation or war game, beyond a certain point doesn't get rendered. I cannot see past 1200 meters in Arma 2 or Dayz. please feel free to show where I can see 10km because I would so Love to hear this.
JG 52