Author Topic: Can Anyone Run MAX Everything?  (Read 16833 times)

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: Can Anyone Run MAX Everything?
« Reply #60 on: September 04, 2012, 11:17:26 PM »
:rofl Or maybe this "kid" actually does his research and some people including you are too stupid to read my posts and actually answer the questions I'm asking. So again, for the third time.

At what point will you be able to run AH at "max" settings for curiosity sakes? Some of these guys have the best PCs money can buy and they can't do it. So what can? And why?

TC says he can, I posted the link to where he posted his specs earlier.  I still find it hard to understand that any PC can run all AH options on max settings, but I'm not that proficient with hardware.  Just based on how dramatic the FPS drop is with some options means, to me, that anyone that can run maxed out must have a PC with power I can't comprehend yet.

The shadows on others, env slider maxed, max shadow texture size and max AA combined with all other settings in a furball with 30 or so cons and GVs on the ground seems impossible for most current PCs to run.  I was very surprised that TC says his does...but again, I'm no expert.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 11:23:37 PM by Midway »

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #61 on: September 04, 2012, 11:20:48 PM »
At what point will you be able to run AH at "max" settings for curiosity sakes? Some of these guys have the best PCs money can buy and they can't do it. So what can? And why?

I have a second hand PC I built myself, I run aces high on max settings, not the best PC money can buy, then again it works :) As I said - I can run just fine as long as I dont look into "FIRE" in a ground vehicle, graphics stay at around 60fps until I do then it drops off horribly.
JG 52

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #62 on: September 04, 2012, 11:28:53 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apVq20stxZQ

Please describe how you see 10km in Arma 2 - I'd so dearly love to see this. As any simulation or war game, beyond a certain point doesn't get rendered. I cannot see past 1200 meters in Arma 2 or Dayz. please feel free to show where I can see 10km because I would so Love to hear this.

Oh, and likewise, please describe how you see 18 miles in AH2. I'd so dearly love to see this. I cannot see past ~15K or 8.22 miles in AH2. Please feel free to show where I can see 18 miles because I would so love to hear this.

Max range that I can even see planes is about 13K at full 1080p resolution on a 24inch monitor with the detail bar at max. Hop in a field gun and at 12K, you would barely see the plane if not for the icon. At ~13K you can barely make it out as a dot when fully zoomed in. 14-15K (can't tell exact range because at that range, the icons are gone), and the dot disappears.

In Arma, get a sniper rifle and you can see soldiers holding their guns at max zoom at around 2000-3000m.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRoUpIxEPqs

« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 11:36:30 PM by titanic3 »

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #63 on: September 04, 2012, 11:42:16 PM »

Oh, and likewise, please describe how you see 18 miles in AH2. I'd so dearly love to see this. I cannot see past ~15K or 8.22 miles in AH2. Please feel free to show where I can see 18 miles because I would so love to hear this.

Max range that I can even see planes is about 13K at full 1080p resolution on a 24inch monitor with the detail bar at max. Hop in a field gun and at 12K, you would barely see the plane if not for the icon. At ~13K you can barely make it out as a dot when fully zoomed in. 14-15K (can't tell exact range because at that range, the icons are gone), and the dot disappears.

In Arma, get a sniper rifle and you can see soldiers holding their guns at max zoom at around 2000-3000m.

12k In ah 2 - 3k in ARMA, That is 4 orders of magnitude, or in reality 16 orders in detail required to render differences and your question is?

HiTech
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 11:46:44 PM by hitech »

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
« Reply #64 on: September 04, 2012, 11:46:26 PM »
I wish I could even run Detailed Terrain  :cry :cry :cry :cry   :confused:
The boiling pot is put away and the crab has gone back to sea...

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #65 on: September 04, 2012, 11:49:02 PM »

LOL I sit in a sniper scope all day long and there is no way I can see 2,000 meters in Arma 2. Then again there is no way in hell I can see 12 miles in Aces High either. Maybe if If it was total darkness and I turned my gamma and brightness all the way up, I just might (maybe).

Throw one cloud in there and yeah... it wont be 18 miles or 3000 meters, then again I averagely snipe at 700 meters and shoot down planes at 200 yards as well.
JG 52

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #66 on: September 04, 2012, 11:49:55 PM »
I wish I could even run Detailed Terrain  :cry :cry :cry :cry   :confused:

It's sooo beautiful. :x

...Oh, and the detailed water... well...it can bring tears to your eyes, assuming you can see it. :D

...and I haven't even mentioned all the shadows, bump maps & other beautiful scenery, have I?  :ahand
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 11:55:10 PM by Midway »

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: September 04, 2012, 11:50:06 PM »
12k In ah 2 - 3k in ARMA, That is 4 orders of magnitude, or in reality 16 orders in detail required to render differences and your question is?

HiTech

Right..and you can see a chute (without icons) at 12k? I know I can't.

If there was a plane at 10km in Arma 2, you'd see it. If there was a soldier at 2-3k in AH, you wouldn't. Not unless an icon showed it to you.

semp

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #68 on: September 04, 2012, 11:51:34 PM »
LOL I sit in a sniper scope all day long and there is no way I can see 2,000 meters in Arma 2. Then again there is no way in hell I can see 12 miles in Aces High either. Maybe if If it was total darkness and I turned my gamma and brightness all the way up, I just might (maybe).

Throw one cloud in there and yeah... it wont be 18 miles or 3000 meters, then again I averagely snipe at 700 meters and shoot down planes at 200 yards as well.

You realize DayZ servers vis settings are fixed right? It only works offline or if they server admin changes it to 10000.

semp

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #69 on: September 05, 2012, 12:19:31 AM »

so you post this video of a guy that can see a billion miles with a video card THAT YOU DONT HAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.  PROBABLY WITH A CPU THAT YOU DONT HAVE EITHERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

then you wonder why you cant play aces high with everything on a cpu that is about 1/4 of what the guy in that video has.  it's like you having a Yugo but telling everybody that since your friend has a Ferrari that you should have the same speed as the Ferrari.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline MrMeanie

• Nickel Member
« Reply #70 on: September 05, 2012, 01:40:01 AM »
Yes, but my squad get's jelly.
71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #71 on: September 05, 2012, 03:29:13 AM »
So the mipmap detail settings in the video card driver has a major impact on Aces high?
now posting as SirNuke

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #72 on: September 05, 2012, 07:33:05 AM »
Right..and you can see a chute (without icons) at 12k? I know I can't.

If there was a plane at 10km in Arma 2, you'd see it. If there was a soldier at 2-3k in AH, you wouldn't. Not unless an icon showed it to you.

Whats your point? I assume you do see the ground at that range?

HiTech

« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 08:18:13 AM by hitech »

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #73 on: September 05, 2012, 07:37:29 AM »
 :rofl Titan don't make yourself look any more ignorant than you already have.

I won't bother reading this whole thread it can't be good either way.  :bolt:

Go easy on him Hitech using big words will only throw him off.  :D
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #74 on: September 05, 2012, 08:51:41 AM »
so you post this video of a guy that can see a billion miles with a video card THAT YOU DONT HAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.  PROBABLY WITH A CPU THAT YOU DONT HAVE EITHERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

then you wonder why you cant play aces high with everything on a cpu that is about 1/4 of what the guy in that video has.  it's like you having a Yugo but telling everybody that since your friend has a Ferrari that you should have the same speed as the Ferrari.

semp

:rolleyes: Once again, that is not the point of the video. Whoosh, right over your head.

Whats your point? I assume you do see the ground at that range?

HiTech

The point is that a soldier is what? 10x smaller than the size of a fighter plane, at least. That's at least 10-16 orders of magnitude, like you said. Now if that soldier was a plane at 3000m, you could see even the markings or even it's paint job. In AH, a plane at 3000m is a moving dot.

:rofl Titan don't make yourself look any more ignorant than you already have.

I won't bother reading this whole thread it can't be good either way.  :bolt:

Go easy on him Hitech using big words will only throw him off.  :D

So apparently, voicing my opinion and trying to learn more about the game design is a bad thing. Yea, definitely. :rolleyes: I really could not care less what others posts if all they do is try to bash me because I'm "hating" the game. Once again, I'm not. Hitech is answering most of my questions and I appreciate it. You (plural) on the other hand, is ignoring the questions, landing as much insults as you can without turning into Skuzzy's food and assuming because I'm not an "adult" like you (plural) that I'm clueless. Well I got news, I do have a clue, I do not care for your comments unless you work at HTC, is a computer expert or developed your own PC game, and I do not gives a rat's bum about your insults, CO, squadmate or some random scrub Ill wipe the floor with or not. Thank you, have a nice day.

So HTC:
Why render 18 miles if you can barely see past 8-9 miles?
What does it take to run AH max? Why? And how come some can and can't?
Is updating the game graphics (any part of it) at the top of your list?
If not, what's holding you guys back from doing it? (besides angry customers with old PCs, I'm sure you could turn it into a toggle option with on or off so they won't be affected.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 08:53:17 AM by titanic3 »

semp