Author Topic: Can Anyone Run MAX Everything?  (Read 16869 times)

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Can Anyone Run MAX Everything?
« Reply #90 on: September 05, 2012, 12:39:19 PM »
Its a max on my PC. Trees and terrain objects disappear long before 18 miles.

So what's the problem? If you want things rendered at 10 miles max, set your detail slider to the appropriate position.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #91 on: September 05, 2012, 12:45:46 PM »
 :headscratch: The detail slider only goes out to 4 miles...

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #92 on: September 05, 2012, 12:49:14 PM »
But then why render 18 miles away? That's what I'm also puzzled about. You can barely see anything past 8 miles. Why not reduce it to 10 miles?

you are just arguing for the sake of arguing now.  get up in any airplane up to 20 or 30k then look at the horizon.  then try to imaging what the game would look like if it would only render to 10 miles.

and btw the reason you can barely see past 10 miles is that you have a low end processor matched with a low end video card.  if and when you invest in something newer then you will see why 18 miles rendering is good.

I think this thread should be locked as you just keep on repeating yourself.  you will never admit that the reason the game doesnt look good for you is basically your computer.  what you should be concered with is why your computer doesnt look as good as others, instead of others are having problems.  like I said before, if there was a big problem with the game then it would affect all of us and not just a few.  but until you understand why your computer cant play with 8196 shadows then it doesnt matter what everybody tells you.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #93 on: September 05, 2012, 01:04:09 PM »
And I'm puzzled, 18 miles? You can barely see past 15K (about 8.2 miles). Why render another 10?  :headscratch:

Huh?  I can look out the window behind my monitor and clearly see a mountain that is 74 miles away.

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #94 on: September 05, 2012, 01:08:38 PM »
you are just arguing for the sake of arguing now.  get up in any airplane up to 20 or 30k then look at the horizon.  then try to imaging what the game would look like if it would only render to 10 miles.
So then make it an option, I for one don't need to see past 10 miles.

and btw the reason you can barely see past 10 miles is that you have a low end processor matched with a low end video card.  if and when you invest in something newer then you will see why 18 miles rendering is good.
Really? Does your game look like any of these?

I think this thread should be locked as you just keep on repeating yourself.  you will never admit that the reason the game doesnt look good for you is basically your computer.  what you should be concered with is why your computer doesnt look as good as others, instead of others are having problems.  like I said before, if there was a big problem with the game then it would affect all of us and not just a few.  but until you understand why your computer cant play with 8196 shadows then it doesnt matter what everybody tells you.
I should get Redbull in here and post a facepalm gif.  

semp

That mountain in the last two pics are 18 miles away. How do I know? Because if I pulled away, the mountain started disappearing bit by bit. Does ANYONE really need to see that mountain 18 miles away? Is it going to affect my dogfight in anyway if I don't see that mountain?

« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 01:11:15 PM by titanic3 »

semp

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #95 on: September 05, 2012, 01:16:37 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

That mountain in the last two pics are 18 miles away. How do I know? Because if I pulled away, the mountain started disappearing bit by bit. Does ANYONE really need to see that mountain 18 miles away? Is it going to affect my dogfight in anyway if I don't see that mountain?

Yep afterall air warrior was working fine with 2D graphics and no textures. Vectors is all we need!  :x
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #96 on: September 05, 2012, 01:20:13 PM »

Yes, mountains give you a quick reference point when you're upside down and rolled while turning a few times.  :aok
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 01:21:49 PM by Midway »

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #97 on: September 05, 2012, 01:21:02 PM »
Seriously do not get why we have to sacrifice performance in order to render something 18 miles away that you don't even pay attention to. Hell, make it a slider like the detail slider we have now. From 10 miles to 18 miles or beyond if you have a PC like semp here.  :rolleyes:

Yes, mountains give you a quick reference point when you're upside down an rolled while turning a few times.

So does the green and blue.  :)

semp

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #98 on: September 05, 2012, 01:22:58 PM »
Seriously do not get why we have to sacrifice performance in order to render something 18 miles away that you don't even pay attention to. Hell, make it a slider like the detail slider we have now. From 10 miles to 18 miles or beyond if you have a PC like semp here.  :rolleyes:

Horizontal ref points are also useful

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #99 on: September 05, 2012, 01:24:13 PM »
Horizontal ref points are also useful

Well then you can always leave the slider at 18 miles if it gets added.  :)

semp

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #100 on: September 05, 2012, 01:29:29 PM »
Titanic3:

There is a Full/Med/Short Vis setting at you disposal.  Even an option to disable the horizon, if you so choose.
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #101 on: September 05, 2012, 01:37:01 PM »

so...you're wondering why hitech doesn't dummy the game down so low end systems can make pretty pictures like you find in arma2? ah is scalable ya know.

i think you should reserve what you think you know for a time when you actually do...say after you learn game programming...
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #102 on: September 05, 2012, 01:42:43 PM »
so...you're wondering why hitech doesn't dummy the game down so low end systems can make pretty pictures like you find in arma2? ah is scalable ya know.

i think you should reserve what you think you know for a time when you actually do...say after you learn game programming...

Maybe that would be why I'm asking... :huh Show me where I posted that any of you were wrong.

semp

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #103 on: September 05, 2012, 01:44:28 PM »
Titanic3:

There is a Full/Med/Short Vis setting at you disposal.  Even an option to disable the horizon, if you so choose.

Oh right.. I had forgotten about that, you wouldn't happen to know the range at which each setting is at?

semp

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #104 on: September 05, 2012, 01:49:56 PM »
Does ANYONE really need to see that mountain 18 miles away? Is it going to affect my dogfight in anyway if I don't see that mountain?

What if I like to fly a slow buff up high and enjoy the landscapes? Like this:

Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni