Author Topic: Can Anyone Run MAX Everything?  (Read 16853 times)

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: Can Anyone Run MAX Everything?
« Reply #105 on: September 05, 2012, 01:53:13 PM »
What if I like to fly a slow buff up high and enjoy the landscapes? Like this:

(Image removed from quote.)

That's why I'm asking to make it a slider..everyone is happy.  :huh

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #106 on: September 05, 2012, 01:58:20 PM »
Oh right.. I had forgotten about that, you wouldn't happen to know the range at which each setting is at?

No, I don't know the range for any of the settings.  I just thought you'd like to know that you do have some control over what your computer is capable of displaying.
I'm sure somebody will be along with the exact measurements, if you that really matters.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #107 on: September 05, 2012, 02:07:42 PM »
That's why I'm asking to make it a slider..everyone is happy.  :huh

Press Shift F3, and you should be happy.

HiTech

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #108 on: September 05, 2012, 02:30:41 PM »

That mountain in the last two pics are 18 miles away. How do I know? Because if I pulled away, the mountain started disappearing bit by bit. Does ANYONE really need to see that mountain 18 miles away? Is it going to affect my dogfight in anyway if I don't see that mountain?

looking at the picture, i see you dont have smooth shadows selected but yet you have shadows at 4196, why is that?  and why do you have enviromental map selected?  that will suck up a lot of frames on low end computers like yours.

and if you want the game to only render at 10k then post it in the wish list.  dont just start making accusations that the game is not as good as arma or the others. 

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #109 on: September 05, 2012, 02:50:04 PM »
But then why render 18 miles away? That's what I'm also puzzled about. You can barely see anything past 8 miles. Why not reduce it to 10 miles?

You can. Visible distance is a Function key command. It truncates the terrain beyone a couple of preset distances. I remember that because I did it once by accident and didn't know how to fix it. The map looks like a pre-Columbus map of the earth where the oceans and land masses suddenly fall of cliffs. I think it was done for exactly the reason you are stating. Just remember if you are looking at a vertual world from 10, 20, or even 30,00ft., it looks a little funny if you can't see anything beyond 10 miles.  :salute
Who is John Galt?

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #110 on: September 05, 2012, 02:53:55 PM »
looking at the picture, i see you dont have smooth shadows selected but yet you have shadows at 4196, why is that?  and why do you have enviromental map selected?  that will suck up a lot of frames on low end computers like yours.

and if you want the game to only render at 10k then post it in the wish list.  dont just start making accusations that the game is not as good as arma or the others.  

semp

If a Radeon 6870 is low end.. Wow.. Can't imagine what you think mid end is. A core2Duo is old but it's not "low end". And because smooth shadows and 8192 destroys my FPS into low 20s and dips into single digits. One notch of environmental map has almost no effect on my fps, at least none that I could see.

And where have I said AH is not as good as Arma?  :huh Where are you getting these words from?

semp

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #111 on: September 05, 2012, 03:06:12 PM »
If a Radeon 6870 is low end.. Wow.. Can't imagine what you think mid end is. A core2Duo is old but it's not "low end". And because smooth shadows and 8192 destroys my FPS into low 20s and dips into single digits. One notch of environmental map has almost no effect on my fps, at least none that I could see.

And where have I said AH is not as good as Arma?  :huh Where are you getting these words from?

radeon 6870 matched with your cpu doesnt make it any more than low end system.  and looking at the pictures everybody can see that you dont really know how to get the best fps or pic out of your system.  and that is what's holding you back.

semp

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #112 on: September 05, 2012, 03:25:04 PM »
radeon 6870 matched with your cpu doesnt make it any more than low end system.  and looking at the pictures everybody can see that you dont really know how to get the best fps or pic out of your system.  and that is what's holding you back.

semp

So then please tell me how without dropping into single digits oh great and mighty one.

semp

Offline Ripley

• Copper Member
« Reply #113 on: September 05, 2012, 03:25:23 PM »

semp

the guys got a point, at least about the hardware. A core2duo may not be as obsolete as a single core processor, but its still old. Like 4-5 yrs old to be exact. Your GPU is only gonna be as strong as your weakest component, and in this case it is your core2duo by a decent margin. regardless, if you turn down your eye candy a core2duo should be able to pull at least respectable frame rates out of this game.

EDIT: to answer the question you just posted, turn down anything having to do with textures. When you are having FPS drop due to a processor bottleneck you get the most return out of lowering settings that impact the amount of textures/polygons on your screen.

semp, I dont have frame rate issues in game (steady 119 to 120fps at my current settings), but I do have minor microstutter issues when in a large furball running a TrakIR. I'mf pretty savvy when it comes to hardware, but if thats something you have any suggestions on I'm all ears. Have you ever experienced this even though you may have high frame rates?

« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 03:27:54 PM by Ripley »
Ripley

4th Fighter Group "Debden Eagles"

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #114 on: September 05, 2012, 03:33:32 PM »
the guys got a point, at least about the hardware. A core2duo may not be as obsolete as a single core processor, but its still old. Like 4-5 yrs old to be exact. Your GPU is only gonna be as strong as your weakest component, and in this case it is your core2duo by a decent margin. regardless, if you turn down your eye candy a core2duo should be able to pull at least respectable frame rates out of this game.

EDIT: to answer the question you just posted, turn down anything having to do with textures. When you are having FPS drop due to a processor bottleneck you get the most return out of lowering settings that impact the amount of textures/polygons on your screen.

semp, I dont have frame rate issues in game (steady 119 to 120fps at my current settings), but I do have minor microstutter issues when in a large furball running a TrakIR. I'mf pretty savvy when it comes to hardware, but if thats something you have any suggestions on I'm all ears. Have you ever experienced this even though you may have high frame rates?

I get constant 58-60 FPS with my current settings. Semp still thinks I want 8192 shadows and is going bonkers over it. I *was* curious as to why AH demands so much power for non-impressive graphics, but now that I know it's displayed in a 18 miles radius (why anyone needs 18, I don't know), I get it. Have fun tearing what's left of your brain out Semp. I'm sure you'll figure out a way to say that this reply is bashing AH and that I want 8192 shadows/soft shadows.

semp

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #115 on: September 05, 2012, 03:44:45 PM »
you must be running a 120hz monitor... if you're getting any stuttering in large furballs, turn off other player skins. could also be shadows on other players causing it too...

it's not necessarily the the cpu that is the source of the bottleneck, more like one of a chain of components. the socket 775 mobo (even the fastest one) has a comparatively slow front side bus and the memory controller on the mobo is affected by the fsb speed. as far as core clock speed, the cpu is fast enough. turning down the texture size may help a little but turning down the shadow texture size and some of the shadow options would do more. the video card only has 1gb of memory on it and shadows will eat through that fast.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #116 on: September 05, 2012, 06:28:11 PM »
OMG, I love it when people post that they spike around 180 fps at one moment, then squeak about studders in the next. (usually around 12 fps)
Turn On Your VSync.
It's not just AHII using it.
I would recommend that people use some type of half assd research, before posting crap.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #117 on: September 06, 2012, 01:13:27 AM »

if you have vsync disable then enable it.  your frame rate should be 60 unless you have a 120 mhz monitor.  the other thing i found out is that microstutters happen if the speed on your trakir is too high.  I have mine set to 1 and smooth set to 10 under profile.  under the camera tab I have status led brightness at 255, light filter threshold at 240 and video processing mode set to precision and precision mode smoothing set to 100.  this is the profile i use and I used to get mini stutters like you but it was more like the speed was too fast.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?kwndou3zc19bdqz

semp

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
« Reply #118 on: September 06, 2012, 02:17:08 AM »
It's sooo beautiful. :x

...Oh, and the detailed water... well...it can bring tears to your eyes, assuming you can see it. :D

...and I haven't even mentioned all the shadows, bump maps & other beautiful scenery, have I?  :ahand

:cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :confused: :( :cry :cry :cry :cry
The boiling pot is put away and the crab has gone back to sea...

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #119 on: September 06, 2012, 05:22:25 AM »
Use AlacrityPC and tell it which CPU you want TrackIR to use and set the affinity there.  :aok

Not using a multi-core? Sorry.  :confused:
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.