Author Topic: The Single Best Thing You Can Do As a Pilot...  (Read 3749 times)

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
Re: The Single Best Thing You Can Do As a Pilot...
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2012, 06:05:18 AM »
Ask before dropping in on a fight

+1   :aok

I will usually check if no one else is engaged on a plane then say something like "lining up on the B25". etc.  Just a common courtesy.  Still, folks will just jump in front of me with no communication.  Sometimes crossing my line of fire causing kill shot from FF possibilities.

-- Flying as X15 --

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2012, 06:19:08 AM »
+1   :aok

I will usually check if no one else is engaged on a plane then say something like "lining up on the B25". etc.  Just a common courtesy.  Still, folks will just jump in front of me with no communication.  Sometimes crossing my line of fire causing kill shot from FF possibilities.

that's why as soon as I see someone trying to engage the nme I am fighting I break away...Have had a great fight where we both broke away a couple times, letting the other kill the interrupting party and continued the fight....

now that was awesome. :joystick:

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2012, 06:25:32 AM »
that's why as soon as I see someone trying to engage the nme I am fighting I break away...Have had a great fight where we both broke away a couple times, letting the other kill the interrupting party and continued the fight....

now that was awesome. :joystick:

Made two sorties last night - me and cattb decided to wing up - few times ran into single fights - shemp etc - always call out asking if someone needs help, if not I just zoom away looking to intercept. I know how ink feels when you can't hit the side of a barn... then again I felt good after being PM'd about cheating :)
Hopefully can make a few sorties tonight, most likely will end up flying a 109K since my aim is to terrible anyhow, and I rather get back into the grove of getting into position for a shot.

Seems after you quit for a while, you always want to jump into a lead gun position, not sure why - I just couldn't bare to sit in lag pursuit to get a good enough angle, always wanted to go nose front.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 06:34:06 AM by Butcher »
JG 52

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2012, 06:31:48 AM »
First cup of coffee.. barely waking up.. read the title of this thread...

The Single Best Thing You Can Do As a Pilot...

<--- crash.
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2012, 06:34:04 AM »
Buy a headset and USE IT!!!

No.

It is to shut the f up and don't fill the range channel with idle chatter  :furious
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2012, 07:40:15 AM »
Made two sorties last night - me and cattb decided to wing up - few times ran into single fights - shemp etc - always call out asking if someone needs help, if not I just zoom away looking to intercept. I know how ink feels when you can't hit the side of a barn... then again I felt good after being PM'd about cheating :)
Hopefully can make a few sorties tonight, most likely will end up flying a 109K since my aim is to terrible anyhow, and I rather get back into the grove of getting into position for a shot.

Seems after you quit for a while, you always want to jump into a lead gun position, not sure why - I just couldn't bare to sit in lag pursuit to get a good enough angle, always wanted to go nose front.
(Image removed from quote.)

:rofl

K4 is a monster, great plane, insane gun when you can hit with it :furious 

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2012, 08:45:03 AM »
Spawn in F3 mode and type .ef then wait to be vulched, when he is at 600 tower out then spawn at the opposite end of the runway rinse and repeat theres nothing more annoying for a vulcher  :rofl also type missed me or vulch denied on 200 to really wind them up.

my brother and I used to do this, as a team as well, take turns being spotter for the other so to help with sa, and really get several diving into your parked 262 even wasting their ammo if you wait long enough...  or both spawn out at same time, then .ef at same time. it is great comedy.  :aok

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline tunnelrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2012, 10:13:05 AM »
While I personally do not subscribe to Ink's philosophy, I am glad that he does and that there are others in the arena who do as well.

_____________________________ _____________________________ _____________________________ _____________________________ _

The other night, there were 5 of us (Devil Dogs FS) we upped heavy Pony D's to hit an airfield.

On the way to target, I call dot con long six.  It comes into range... Ki-84.  I give it a bit of time to see that there are 5 of us, he keeps on coming. 

I say on Mumble: "That's a single Ki-84, he sees there are five of us, and he's still hauling freight. I guarantee you that's Jetsom"

Sure enough...  two of us drop ords to engage, I almost immediately get a taste of Ki-84 cannons from a decent bit out... short burst, left aileron gone.

Inksom proceeds to mix it up, all remaining Pony's are forced to dump ords to try and gain some E... NathBDP shows up in another Ki-84 on Ink's side, as does Tomahawk.  Flight17 shows up in a Mossie on our side, so at best it's 6v3, at worst it was 5v1 on Ink.

The early damage to my aileron proves fatal as Tomahawk picks me out of the herd and nails me with a great high speed shot from nearly vertical.

_____________________________ _____________________________ _____________________________ _____________________________ ___

The point being, unlike some people on here that talk a big game about "fighting", Ink actually does exactly what he says he does.

I got beat, but I came away with a good film and a very memorable experience.

There was no smack talk about numbers/chosen ride, just a cutthroat scrum... with the side effect that our initial mission - to nail an airfield, was made to fail.

:salute

In-Game: 80hd
The Spartans do not enquire how many the enemy are but where they are.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2012, 10:21:02 AM »
What if..... there's a bunch of my buddies around sharing a voice channel, speaking a totally different language, interfered by the small talk on Range (hi Bob, been a long time, how's your wife, hope you're all well etc...)
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline jd

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2012, 10:27:48 AM »
Buy a headset and USE IT!!!

I am talking about helping the team's and your S.A. The in-game button is somewhat helpful as a last ditch effort, however there is a much better way.

You are sitting in a field-ack or gv.. You are a F.O. or Air Traffic Controller Give the guys above a heads up before its a problem for them...especially in Furballs. If you see that high pony above a team member who is tracking engaging a con... try saying, "About_to_die you have a high pony circling above you", or "About_to_die, you have a high Pony on your long six, dropping."  or if its closer  "About_to_die, to have a Pony closing fast from above." and finally "About_to_die, break right" If the con is from his 3,4 or 5 o'clock, break left if from 7, 8 or 9
In addition, if you are a picker or are waiting above for the high ponys, typhys and lalas, talk to the guys below.

Oh and the biggest blunder ever, you are chasing a con right up your buddies tail and don't give any warning! You know the con has target fixation or is going try to take someone with him and you don't tell your teammate he's there! So you can get the kill? Really? Or is it, you can't spare $12.95 on a headset and map a button to use it?

In the main arena, it's a team effort. Ask anyone who has flown with me, I try to give updates constantly as I see them but eventually I miss something and get shot at myself (often while warning someone else) only to see 4 guys chasing a con to me from below or something similar.

So in a nutshell, if you aren't engaged in a battle yourself, have your head on a swivel, talk to your buddies and help them out, they will do so for you.

Ps the other night when 50+ Bish were hording against 15 defenders... I bet the defenders, out of necessity, were warning each other like crazy, while the Bish were not.

A heads up, makes all the difference!!!!

other good things you can do
1. Ask before dropping in on a fight
2. Never put a cons nose on your 11,12,or 1 o'clock (talking ho or the appearance of an intention to ho) unless u have no other option.
3. Not gloat on 200
4. Salute
5. Up from a base that is not being vulched!!! (Saves you lives and denies them easy kills)
6. Meet the horde with a horde, pay attention to what is happening arena wide.

Have FUN, it is a game after all. Oh and a funny note... lots of these guys doing crazy stuff in cartoon planes.. would be dead in R.L. where the sky is not the limit, the ground is!

WRONG WRONG WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
First thing you do is go here...http://www.hitechcreations.com/Help-Section/Getting-Started/aces-high-help-start.html......and read EVERYTHING in EVERY category.
Current: Slipstrm

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2012, 10:34:06 AM »
the "war" was an ADDED component to the MA.... to promote COMBAT.......it is called Aces High for a reason...first there were just planes.......planes fighting planes, long before my time.....then the war and GV's were added :headscratch: not sure which came first......

Not only to promote combat, but to add another dimension to the game to expand their market.  I wonder if people really believe that HTC did not think that this game would eventually evolve where there would be dedicated GVers or win the war type.  If they didn't they sure saw the writing on the wall, because they have made an effort to enhance both aspects of the game

my point is the war has NO meaning whats so ever...and in the greater scheme of things the war and "winning the game" is a false win, for you win nothing the map gets reset and it goes on and on....the only way to "win" this game is if YOU get out of it your moneys worth of "fun"

INK, you are contradicting yourself.  The war has no meaning to you, but it sure does to some others.  I believe a number of players feel they are getting their money's worth by playing the win the war aspect of the game.

Winning the war, getting an air or GV kill, are all false wins.  In real life they mean nothing, but it means a lot to the person obtaining their objectives.  Some feel they are getting their moneys worth trying to win the war, others do it air to air or GV battles, some even do a little bit of all three.

[/quote]

Fred
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 10:56:51 AM by bmwgs »
One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine, is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine... - From a Soviet Junior Lt's Notebook

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2012, 10:53:52 AM »
Have fun while flying and fighting like there is no tomorrow!   :aok

CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline tunnelrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2012, 11:55:24 AM »
Have fun while flying and fighting like there is no tomorrow!   :aok

And when that fails, beer and jokes are a great substitute.

In-Game: 80hd
The Spartans do not enquire how many the enemy are but where they are.

Offline Daddkev

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2012, 12:05:06 PM »
 :huh :huh Fight, die, fight, die ,fight, die! I keep getting new planes and always fight!!!!!!!!!! :old: :neener: :old: :neener: :old: :neener: :old:
God Bless America
Go tell Momm, im flying! and make me a sandwich !
EvilKev

2012 68KO Cup 1st Place finisher

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2012, 12:07:29 PM »
While I personally do not subscribe to Ink's philosophy, I am glad that he does and that there are others in the arena who do as well.

_____________________________ _____________________________ _____________________________ _____________________________ _

The other night, there were 5 of us (Devil Dogs FS) we upped heavy Pony D's to hit an airfield.

On the way to target, I call dot con long six.  It comes into range... Ki-84.  I give it a bit of time to see that there are 5 of us, he keeps on coming. 

I say on Mumble: "That's a single Ki-84, he sees there are five of us, and he's still hauling freight. I guarantee you that's Jetsom"

Sure enough...  two of us drop ords to engage, I almost immediately get a taste of Ki-84 cannons from a decent bit out... short burst, left aileron gone.

(Image removed from quote.)

Inksom proceeds to mix it up, all remaining Pony's are forced to dump ords to try and gain some E... NathBDP shows up in another Ki-84 on Ink's side, as does Tomahawk.  Flight17 shows up in a Mossie on our side, so at best it's 6v3, at worst it was 5v1 on Ink.

The early damage to my aileron proves fatal as Tomahawk picks me out of the herd and nails me with a great high speed shot from nearly vertical.

_____________________________ _____________________________ _____________________________ _____________________________ ___

The point being, unlike some people on here that talk a big game about "fighting", Ink actually does exactly what he says he does.

I got beat, but I came away with a good film and a very memorable experience.

There was no smack talk about numbers/chosen ride, just a cutthroat scrum... with the side effect that our initial mission - to nail an airfield, was made to fail.

na I never smack talk unless someone starts with me first, if you see me reaming someone out on 200, good chance they deserved it :D

YES.... that fight is exactly what I am talking about, blood pumpin, white knuckled, fights, and what makes AH so great...at least to me, some do enjoy bombing static targets.....not my cup a tea....there is NO way bombing or GVing can give you that kind or rush....at least not me.

I took out a 16 recently and attacked 7 51,s...haha what a fight... ended up killing 3/4 of the 51's  and 1 spit that engaged while I was fighting them guys  :D  and when I was out of ammo I went level and said to them "take the shot"....man I love those kinds of fights, except with the 16 it is a bit too easy even in a 7vs1 :rofl

<S>

PS I smiled from ear to ear when I read..."he is attacking 5 51's....Thats JETSOM" :devil