Author Topic: Computer controlled 5" puffy should not damage friendly aircraft  (Read 5509 times)

Offline ToeTag

• Silver Member
Re: Computer controlled 5" puffy should not damage friendly aircraft
« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2012, 03:42:15 PM »
100% not true. Bomber vs fighter or size of plane has nothing to do with the size of the box.
The factors that make the box bigger or smaller are.
Gs
Distance
Speed.

HiTech

So to avoid death in a fighter....flight straight and level @ 15k and slow down to bomber speed.
They call it "common sense", then why is it so uncommon?

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2012, 03:44:17 PM »
maybe the AI stresses out when firing at buffs?

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: September 07, 2012, 03:47:53 PM »
maybe the AI stresses out when firing at buffs?

or it relaxes I mean how cna ya miss such big targets when you can nail a fighter?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 04:00:33 PM by Nathan60 »
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #48 on: September 07, 2012, 04:07:27 PM »
Should run some tests. Have someone fly a group of B17s in a strait line at an enemy CV with a teammate flys cover in a fighter. Meanwhile have a friendly flies circles around the the buffs and fighter thought the whole pass.

See who gets hit how often.

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: September 07, 2012, 04:08:24 PM »
Should run some tests. Have someone fly a group of B17s in a strait line at an enemy CV with a teammate flys cover in a fighter. Meanwhile have a friendly flies circles around the the buffs and fighter thought the whole pass.

See who gets hit how often.

The bomber will. Problem is, they get hit but don't die.  :)

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: September 07, 2012, 04:41:53 PM »

I avoid playing on what would be an enjoyable area to experience player vs player combat because of an unenjoyable AI mechanism that governs puffy flak.

x2

:aok
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline gldnbb

• Copper Member
« Reply #51 on: September 08, 2012, 09:21:59 AM »
LOL A whine I have never heard before has been recorded.

HiTech

Add my glass of red whine.    As it has happened to me on at least one instance defending the CV where the bomber is dead but so am I.    Also as the community points out,   the friendly ack kills me  often enough while the bomber is approaching the CV  which is why I'm more careful attacking the bomber  knowing I could die and he won't.

Besides, why stoop as low as to come out swinging 'slap in the face'   neener  responses?  That's reserved for the level of the overall community.  Better to see more responsible  responses such as  "Will look into it"   or  "100% untrue" .  Hurling remarks like that toward people that contribute toward your bank account?    Lame.

As for size of box,   the box should be adjusted so as to be more accurate for slower bombers  vs.  faster aircraft.  As the faster I fly as an enemy I have seen the puffy ack more accurate and closer to my aircraft in all maneuvers (not realistic,  humans were not quick to adjusting trajectory).   When I die,  the moron in the CV gets the kill credit, which also should not happen!

Looks like someone needs to do their homework on addressing the issue if more people are whining.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 11:13:32 AM by gldnbb »
To fly or not to fly, that is the question
-The Golden BB-

Offline gldnbb

• Copper Member
« Reply #52 on: September 08, 2012, 09:26:38 AM »
So to avoid death in a fighter....flight straight and level @ 15k and slow down to bomber speed.

Yup!,  time to game the game.   :aok
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 09:42:21 AM by gldnbb »
To fly or not to fly, that is the question
-The Golden BB-

Offline Jethro_Bodine

• Zinc Member
« Reply #53 on: September 08, 2012, 10:00:38 AM »
Yeah, they need to make box bigger for slow aircraft and smaller for faster aircraft. Don't arcade this game up.
Spicoli

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: September 08, 2012, 10:33:43 AM »
Yeah, they need to make box bigger for slow aircraft and smaller for faster aircraft. Don't arcade this game up.

I think you mean the opposite

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline earl1937

• Gold Member
« Reply #55 on: September 08, 2012, 02:25:14 PM »
Another instance---

Diving on B26's attacking friendly carrier --- Kill all 3, but the computer doesn't realize the last B26 is missing half it's wing and continues to fire, blowing me out of the air. 

Never seen computer controlled puffy actually kill an enemy bomber flying straight and level before, but it sure is good at killing maneuvering fighters, enemy or friendly!  Sweet!

:airplane: I think all are missing pand's point. He and I can fly head on into one another and no damage. Now I understand why AH has it programed that way, because there would constant mid air collisions and everybody worrying about midair's instead hunting for the kill. The puffy ack should not damage a aircraft on the CV's side or country, but on the other hand, when you check the stats for WW2, a lot of bombers and fighters were downed with friendly fire. But, in the end, I agree with Pand, if damage is neutral for each countries aircraft, then the puffy ack should be also.
Blue Skies and wind at my back and wish that for all!!!

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #56 on: September 08, 2012, 07:05:01 PM »
He and I can fly head on into one another and no damage.

no you cant, but that is an entire other conversation and would be a thread hijack.
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #57 on: September 09, 2012, 08:46:25 AM »
I think you mean the opposite

And it already does becomes bigger the faster you fly.
And it becomes bigger the farther you fly from it.
And it becomes bigger when you turn.

Besides, why stoop as low as to come out swinging 'slap in the face'   neener  responses?  That's reserved for the level of the overall community.  Better to see more responsible  responses such as  "Will look into it"   or  "100% untrue" .  Hurling remarks like that toward people that contribute toward your bank account?    Lame.

As for size of box,   the box should be adjusted so as to be more accurate for slower bombers  vs.  faster aircraft.  As the faster I fly as an enemy I have seen the puffy ack more accurate and closer to my aircraft in all maneuvers (not realistic,  humans were not quick to adjusting trajectory).   When I die,  the moron in the CV gets the kill credit, which also should not happen!

Looks like someone needs to do their homework on addressing the issue if more people are whining.

So on the research and why I LOL. Becasue you care complaining that it is to deadly for the person it is shooting at. Which is one I have seen many times.

The original whine is now whining that it is NOT accurate enough against the enemy, and too accurate against friendly, so he is asking exactly the opposite of you.
And almost always people ask for it to do more damage to friendly's and this IS the FIRST time I have seen it asked for differently.

HiTech

Offline climber

• Copper Member
« Reply #58 on: September 09, 2012, 11:07:28 AM »
See rule #4
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 01:36:54 PM by hitech »
5 out of 4 people have trouble with fractions

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #59 on: September 09, 2012, 11:22:16 AM »
I think I understand the OP's wish.  Make it so  friendly puffy ack doesn't harm aircraft if the same country.
To me, that it has it's pros & cons.

Pro:  If I'm dragging an enemy across our cv, sure I want the puffy ack to only target the red guy.

Con:  If I'm pursuing an enemy aircraft over his cv, I want him to be vulnerable to puffy ack as well.

Can't have both.  I like it how it is now.

Coogan

From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear