Author Topic: change to strats?  (Read 8263 times)

Offline chris3

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.ludwigs-hobby-seite.de/
Re: change to strats?
« Reply #165 on: September 03, 2012, 08:35:07 AM »
moin

im not sure if that will help, i think the big strat desing at the moment suport the devending because everyone nows the enmy target. if you spread out all the factorys it will more suport the old milk runs.

cu christian

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #166 on: September 03, 2012, 09:35:45 AM »
if you spread out all the factorys it will more suport the old milk runs.

One big (documented) reason they consolidated them to begin with, if I recall correctly. I would have to find where I read it.
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #167 on: September 03, 2012, 09:48:29 AM »
One big (documented) reason they consolidated them to begin with, if I recall correctly. I would have to find where I read it.

The thing with consolidating them is that it essentially wiped out what was a major source of headaches for defenders: low level attacks made my attack aircraft, i.e. no more Mossi Mk IV, 110G-2, or other such attack specific aircraft.  When the factories were spread out I often took a Mossi in NOE, hammered the target, and was able to retreat out of there before the proverbial La7 showed up for an intercept.  If I tried that at the industrial complex I'd get an introduction to buht secks.
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #168 on: September 03, 2012, 10:16:27 AM »
Sir,
the 110, for example, was a close support attack aircraft (and a bomber interceptor of course) instead of being a long range factory-killer. Those were the bombers, historically.
AoM
City of ice

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #169 on: September 07, 2012, 01:46:50 PM »
 :old:  Not if you're based in occupied France.

Sir,
the 110, for example, was a close support attack aircraft (and a bomber interceptor of course) instead of being a long range factory-killer. Those were the bombers, historically.
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.