Author Topic: Storch points  (Read 762 times)

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
Re: Storch points
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2012, 08:00:55 AM »
Perhaps there is a way HTC could add damage to the smoke grenades it drops?  Only to the point of registering and not to the point of being able to damage for much worth.  Then, if there were a way to register that and post it on the "name in lights", then maybe.

But ultimately... what for???  It would be a lo of time HTC would otherwise waste that they could be spending on the He111, Ki-43, Wellington, Beaufighter, Panzer Mk III, B24D, Tu-2, Pe-2, and a host of other aircraft.   :aok
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2012, 09:05:16 AM »
Perhaps there is a way HTC could add damage to the smoke grenades it drops?  Only to the point of registering and not to the point of being able to damage for much worth.  Then, if there were a way to register that and post it on the "name in lights", then maybe.

But ultimately... what for???  It would be a lo of time HTC would otherwise waste that they could be spending on the He111, Ki-43, Wellington, Beaufighter, Panzer Mk III, B24D, Tu-2, Pe-2, and a host of other aircraft.   :aok

What for? to encourage mor eto use it and spot gvs for people.  Also if they assigned da,mage to the smoke  then troops would never make it to the maproom
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Bino

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2012, 11:22:48 AM »
How about this:

Make the Storch smoke markers operate like very, very weak bombs, with a small blast radius.  Say, one point of damage out to a radius of fifty feet?  That way, when some friendly tanker kills the bandit GV which the Storch marked earlier, Storch gets an assist.  Seems like that should be a pretty minimal change to the AH code...?

"The plural of 'anecdote' is not 'data'." - Randy Pausch

PC Specs

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2012, 11:25:12 AM »
How about this:

Make the Storch smoke markers operate like very, very weak bombs, with a small blast radius.  Say, one point of damage out to a radius of fifty feet?  That way, when some friendly tanker kills the bandit GV which the Storch marked earlier, Storch gets an assist.  Seems like that should be a pretty minimal change to the AH code...?

the only problem I see with this is people using smoke to kill troops. How mucgh damage can a troop take?
HamHawk
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2012, 07:08:03 PM »
What for? to encourage mor eto use it and spot gvs for people.  Also if they assigned da,mage to the smoke  then troops would never make it to the maproom

for COADING purposes!!! HTC would need a way to actually code the smoke grenades to register that they were used vs a gv.  If it takes .005 lbs of damage to kill a troop then HTC could coad it so the smoke cause .003 damage so it wouldnt kill troops yet score damage to a gv, then possibly coad it so that an "assist" while in a Stork allowed for perk points to be awarded.   :aok

If you are going to suggest such things then you MUST think in terms of "can it be coaded", if so then proceed.  If not, then back to the drawing board. 
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2012, 08:18:12 PM »
for COADING purposes!!! HTC would need a way to actually code the smoke grenades to register that they were used vs a gv.  If it takes .005 lbs of damage to kill a troop then HTC could coad it so the smoke cause .003 damage so it wouldnt kill troops yet score damage to a gv, then possibly coad it so that an "assist" while in a Stork allowed for perk points to be awarded.   :aok

If you are going to suggest such things then you MUST think in terms of "can it be coaded", if so then proceed.  If not, then back to the drawing board. 

seems like some troops take more than 2 .50's anyway sometimes (they're marines or something? :) ..  they should be ots with 1 .30, so you could make the smoke do some fraction of a .30

its actually not a bad idea i dont think, letting storches get assists.  killshoooter should apply though, most severely.  drop smoke on friendly, die.

so I figure,  :aok :cry

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline tunnelrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2012, 08:38:08 PM »
Who in thier rigth mind would sit in a storch long enough to need a drop tank?

If you want to support GVs in the assault, it actually torches fuel pretty quickly.
In-Game: 80hd
The Spartans do not enquire how many the enemy are but where they are.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2012, 08:43:45 PM »
If you want to support GVs in the assault, it actually torches fuel pretty quickly.

you mean torches as in it catches fire easily when hit by enemy fighters?

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2012, 12:16:46 PM »
for COADING purposes!!! HTC would need a way to actually code the smoke grenades to register that they were used vs a gv.  If it takes .005 lbs of damage to kill a troop then HTC could coad it so the smoke cause .003 damage so it wouldnt kill troops yet score damage to a gv, then possibly coad it so that an "assist" while in a Stork allowed for perk points to be awarded.   :aok
If you are going to suggest such things then you MUST think in terms of "can it be coaded", if so then proceed.  If not, then back to the drawing board.  

Most storches have more than 1 smoke marker onboard, so 2 smokes could kill a troop, as for caoding if its too tought I understand
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 12:24:31 PM by Nathan60 »
HamHawk
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2012, 12:55:25 PM »
Most storches have more than 1 smoke marker onboard, so 2 smokes could kill a troop, as for caoding if its too tought I understand

I was using the numbers as a representation for how to code it so smoke wouldn't kill troops.  Plus, since a player is not able to spam smoke grenades from a Storch I really doubt it would be an issue. 

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2012, 01:04:52 PM »
I was using the numbers as a representation for how to code it so smoke wouldn't kill troops.  Plus, since a player is not able to spam smoke grenades from a Storch I really doubt it would be an issue. 

Didnt realize there was a large delay I thougth it was under a second.
HamHawk
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Bino

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2012, 10:48:05 AM »
the only problem I see with this is people using smoke to kill troops. How mucgh damage can a troop take?

OK, why not have the smoke inflict 0.1 point?  I don't know how granular the damage model gets, just use *one* of the smallest units: tenths, hundredths, whatever.  
I'm just trying to keep it simple, here.   :salute

"The plural of 'anecdote' is not 'data'." - Randy Pausch

PC Specs

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2012, 11:42:40 AM »
OK, why not have the smoke inflict 0.1 point?  I don't know how granular the damage model gets, just use *one* of the smallest units: tenths, hundredths, whatever.  
I'm just trying to keep it simple, here.   :salute

If tehy can lower to that poit thats fine  was just trying to keep this idea from leading to anything gamey like 2 players droppping smoke bombs on troup and killing some.
HamHawk
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline ALFAMEGA51

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2012, 12:14:33 PM »
You would never see that message personally RB, I am like a Cheetah  stalking the plains of  Africa you wont know i'm in the grass unti its to late. Thas how life is on the ....

(Image removed from quote.)
Lmao nathan!  :lol
ID:ALFAMEGA/Kyle
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Undercover Jug pilot "My brick always flys wing"