Author Topic: HardCore  (Read 4317 times)

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
Re: HardCore
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2012, 09:38:57 PM »
We call it special events.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline deadstikmac

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2012, 09:50:34 PM »
We call it special events.

Hmmm I'll have to check into that then. Sounds fun   :aok

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2012, 09:52:56 PM »
The other thing this would cause would be a comparatively empty arena even if the same number of players were using it because of the long delay between dying and being able to reup.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2012, 09:55:54 PM »
Enjoy a near empty arena then.  RPS was a failure in WB and considering HiTech was the developer of WB, you would think if the RPS was successful he would have carried it over to AH.  In short, people don't like to be dicated on what they can fly and when, especially if they are paying to play.

ack-ack

I've been here a year and have only seen people in the Axis Vs Allies arena on one occasion.

Seriously.....I actually look every time I log in.

I want it even more just because Ack Ack hates the realism in plane matchups it can bring.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 09:59:30 PM by icepac »

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2012, 10:01:51 PM »
I've been here a year and have only seen people in the Axis Vs Allies arena on one occasion.

Seriously.....I actually look every time I log in.

I want it even more just because Ack Ack hates the realism in plane matchups it can bring.

Funny cuz the ava has seen good numbers ALL week. Icepak I ask in all seriousness: can I have some of your drugs?
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline surfinn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2012, 10:11:12 PM »
wow so many replies to the dumbest post ever. Obviously a troll nothing to see here move along_______ :headscratch:
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 10:13:10 PM by surfinn »

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2012, 10:33:26 PM »
wow so many replies to the dumbest post ever. Obviously a troll nothing to see here move along_______ :headscratch:
Not a troll if anything false advertisement.
HamHawk
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2012, 10:46:41 PM »
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2012, 01:59:50 AM »
HamHawk
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2012, 06:18:47 AM »
Funny cuz the ava has seen good numbers ALL week. Icepak I ask in all seriousness: can I have some of your drugs?

Ok....If I see numbers in A vs A, I will be sure to pad my score at the expense of yours like the other 8 guys who own you and somehow fly there without it being apparent in the arena selection screen.

The sad part is that I have only once (11 months ago) seen numbers above zero population and that only lasted a couple of hours before it went back to zero.

Offline PanosGR

• Nickel Member
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2012, 08:37:24 AM »
None icon worked perfectlly in AvA

Offline deadstikmac

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2012, 10:09:45 AM »

Ty sir

Offline tmetal

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2012, 10:22:33 AM »
The AvA has a good number of people in attendance ("good number" being a relative term) on most week nights; but it is normally only for a 2 or 3 hour time frame in the later evening. So depending on when you log in, the AvA can almost always look like a ghost town or a populated arena. 

*steps back* feel free to recommence the escalating purse fight
The real problem is anyone should feel like they can come to this forum and make a wish without being treated in a derogatory manner.  The only discussion should be centered around whether it would work, or how it would work and so on always in a respectful manner.

-Skuzzy 5/18/17

Offline deadstikmac

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2012, 10:23:17 AM »
This was a thought for an arena. It was not meant to become a Main Arena Type... But someplace where organizing and execution count.

The MA has one goal... Butt Tons of Fun! I get that, that's why I'm a newly addicted player.... So if I wanted to throw planes into the ground all day that's my 15 bucks a month too do so with. The thought was a place where a more realistic form of combat can be had with the fun factors still intact.

Obviously the way we play in the MA would not be duplicated in the hardcore arena. Teamwork not just from your squad mates but from those in country would become the focus... Friendly Fire is a blessing and a curse.

:old: how would a fur ball work if your not on your game and don't know who too shoot at?

Offline deadstikmac

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2012, 10:24:46 AM »
So I need to check out AvA also. Ty  :salute