Author Topic: HardCore  (Read 4218 times)

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
Re: HardCore
« Reply #120 on: October 01, 2012, 08:03:19 PM »
Sounds to me like it's worth another shot, thanks for the invite gents <S>
Wag more, bark less.

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #121 on: October 02, 2012, 02:11:45 AM »
You don't need special equipment to do fine in the AvA.  I'm a perfect example.  I have a 10 yr old 19" monitor, a 7 yr old $20 Wal-mart joystick with the throttle broken off except for a 1/4" nub, a GeForce 9600 vid card, and I sit on the floor with my legs crossed & my stick in my lap (no desk).  I think most of the guys I play with in there would say I hold my own most nights.  It's more of a familiarization kind of thing.  My first tour in the AvA I was horrible with no icons.  As time went on I got better & better as it became more familiar.  Now it's the only place I fly except for maybe a half hour a month in the LWA.  No doubt about it I prefer no enemy icons. :aok
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #122 on: October 02, 2012, 01:59:31 PM »
Ranger is always a tough and challenging fight.  It's even more impressive now, knowing what he's doing it with.   :aok

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #123 on: October 06, 2012, 11:34:30 PM »
I was just hoping one of the many empty arenas could have a rolling plane set for current players to try out.

A rolling plane set would be hard pressed to further empty out an arena that is already empty.

In other news......It's possible warbirds is currently running a rolling plane set in the main arena.

I remember an air warrior con at the Hyatt in fairfax and feeling that something big was on the horizon.....and it was......and still is.

I went to a lot of gaming cons in the early 90s at the crystal city marriot............most of those games are history.

we're running a rolling planeset in the AVA right now. feel free to check it out. zoney, you too. give it a try. most action is after 8pm EST. you can see the new explosion graphics in the AVA forum or in the AVA if you shoot someone else down. these particular graphics are only in this particular map in the AVA. check it out, have some fun, and bring a friend!

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #124 on: October 06, 2012, 11:39:14 PM »
stay away from the AvA arena, 3 times I went there i found admins not to happy and got kicked.

bunch of kids.
JG 52

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
      • The Axis vs Allies Arena
« Reply #125 on: October 06, 2012, 11:59:04 PM »
stay away from the AvA arena, 3 times I went there i found admins not to happy and got kicked.

bunch of kids.

I do not appreciate such accusations at all.

I am aware of your complaints that someone muted you in AvA a few weeks back. No admin did.

You see this?  

Other players can report you and if it happens enough times you will be automatically muted.

You see this?

Depending on your language, you can get yourself muted on your own.

I have heard no reports of anyone getting kicked from AvA in a long, long, very long time.

You probably just discoed, or you are making it up.

If you are making false accusations, this can be verified by HTC.

The BBS is absolutely the wrong place for this.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 02:05:27 AM by jimson »

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #126 on: October 07, 2012, 08:28:07 AM »

bunch of kids.

That is an outright lie.
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩

Offline Melvin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #127 on: October 07, 2012, 08:36:38 AM »
I've been in and out of the AvA for the last couple of years and have found the staff to be nothing but helpful and polite to all players in the arena.

I think the only time I saw someone grounded was when some knucklehead decided to make an attack run on a pre-planned memorial flight.

AvA and it's staff are  :aok in my book.
See Rule #4

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #128 on: October 07, 2012, 09:56:34 AM »

bunch of kids.

that's not quite true, you flew 2 hours in july. nothing before, or since. we have no record of you being kicked out of there. we document things like that. sorry that it happened to you, if in fact, it did happen to you. are you sure it was the AVA? who was the admin that kicked you out? did they give you a reason?

Maybe you would consider giving it another shot. we'd be happy to help you out or accommodate you in any way.

i could send you some lederhosen or some sheep if it would make your flying experience better! :D   let us know what we can do to help make your time and experience in the AVA, a more pleasurable one. there have been lots of people in there this week, especially with the rolling planeset and the exciting new map and the awesome graphics. i don't see how your complaint is a valid one at this time.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 10:27:55 AM by captain1ma »

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #129 on: October 07, 2012, 10:51:59 AM »

bunch of kids.

That is an outright lie.

Actually, I'm not done yet.  Not even close.  This isn't the first time you've been busted telling total lies on the forum is it F-18 boy.  We "AvA people" don't bother anybody, whether in-game, or on the forums.  Yet love muffines like you, Karnak & Krusty seem to get your microscopic rocks off trying to start problems for us when you know damn well you have no good reason other than to be a piece of crap lying retard with nothing better to do.  You want to start problems with your bullchit lies?  You came to the right place moron, because I'm done letting you idiots tell your lies and badmouth good people that have done nothing to you.  You think the anonymity of the internet gives you permission to tell lies and be an all-around waste to the community.  Jaeger's post proves you are a liar and don't even fly in the AvA.  Keep it that way.
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #130 on: October 07, 2012, 11:06:48 AM »
The last time I remember you in the AvA was probably the July time period Jaeger mentions. I remember some of your text shots about a 2v1 to other players was starting a urination contest in both directions.  On the text buffer, I asked everyone to take it easy and have fun.  Shortly thereafter, you asked via text, why you were muted.  I was the only admin in the arena and replied via text that I did not mute you and did not know how or why you were muted.

My fellow AvA staffers are some of the most close knit guys I've ever been associated with and all are dedicated to making the AvA a fun experience for all.  Our intent is bring something new and challenging for those who are interested.  So, if you're looking for something a little different and challenging, come on back and give it a go.   :salute

« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 11:19:01 AM by Puma44 »

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #131 on: October 07, 2012, 11:09:59 AM »
Sorry, double tap. 
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 11:15:57 AM by Puma44 »

Offline Melvin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #132 on: October 07, 2012, 11:10:41 AM »
Wall of angry text.

Ranger, get a hold of your emotions and don't let that guy drag you down to his level.

:salute
See Rule #4