Author Topic: Side switch time  (Read 7526 times)

Offline chaser

• Nickel Member
Side switch time
« on: September 30, 2012, 07:47:26 PM »
Isn't 12 hours a little to much? I switched to bishops this morning to fight and then the map was won. New map comes up and the good fight is between rooks and nits. But now I'm still stuck as a bish for 4 more hours because of the 12 hour side switch time. Please take it back to an hour. I would rather have these so called "spies" that everyone cried about rather than sit around and do nothing waiting for my 12 hours to be up.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Side switch time
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2012, 07:51:41 PM »
I would rather have these so called "spies" that everyone cried about

Tiny correction; they still do. And still would continue to do so if side switching were totally disabled  ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline chaser

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2012, 07:53:32 PM »
Tiny correction; they still do. And still would continue to do so if side switching were totally disabled  ;)

Exactly my point. Their whining ruined the fun for the rest of us who actually enjoy finding a fight.

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2012, 07:55:34 PM »
12 hours is completely ridiculous. Especially for the late night crowd.
-AoM-

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2012, 08:00:26 PM »
Did you switch so you could drive a GV to the HQ or strats?

That's the only reason I ever switch.

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2012, 08:10:48 PM »
12 hours is completely ridiculous. Especially for the late night crowd.

the late night or non-US timezone crowd :(

I imagine I will be cancelling my account after DGS, I guess I am just throwing money away at the moment.

I have given up logging in during my evening and trying to find a fight, and I only rarely have the opportunity to fly weekend mornings. Although when I have the time it is as fun as ever...

Please bring back 1 hour side switching and give us non-prime time players some hope  :pray

Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2012, 09:45:08 PM »
just something to think about.  are all of you guys that can never find a fight always on the same country?  if you arent then why not pm each other and fight to your hearts content. 

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2012, 09:51:39 PM »
Did you switch so you could drive a GV to the HQ or strats?

That's the only reason I ever switch.
If you had read the post you wouldnt have upped your post count by 1
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2012, 10:05:50 PM »
just something to think about.  are all of you guys that can never find a fight always on the same country?  if you arent then why not pm each other and fight to your hearts content. 

semp

Would it not be a lot easier for you to simply stop making baseless assumptions on why you think people switch? If you do not switch at all, a 12 hour switch time would be of no consequence to you, would it? On the other hand to someone who switches to find it action it would be a disaster, so why bother entering the argument....you always jump onto this topic with nothing more than assumptions and your opinion, the guy complaining about the switch time has a valid fact as a complaint ie the switch times have been increased 12 fold, that is a fact not an opinion.

Isn't 12 hours a little to much? I switched to bishops this morning to fight and then the map was won. New map comes up and the good fight is between rooks and nits. But now I'm still stuck as a bish for 4 more hours because of the 12 hour side switch time. Please take it back to an hour. I would rather have these so called "spies" that everyone cried about rather than sit around and do nothing waiting for my 12 hours to be up.

Yes it is but Hitech will not relent, the idea was that it is meant to act as a dampener for flucations in country numbers, of course it doesn't really, been on more often than not and the numbers are way out of balance and always will be regardless. There are so many obstacles placed in the way of an Aces High player switch times, puffy ack etc that you would literally have to be retired or unemployed to devote the time to enjoy it anymore.

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2012, 10:09:11 PM »
I have been on very early morning EST and  Had absolutley nothing to fight , just ended up deacking bases and nobody ever upped. Why not atleast lower the time to something managable like 3 hours
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2012, 10:10:05 PM »
Would it not be a lot easier for you to simply stop making baseless assumptions on why you think people switch? If you do not switch at all, a 12 hour switch time would be of no consequence to you, would it? On the other hand to someone who switches to find it action it would be a disaster, so why bother entering the argument....you always jump onto this topic with nothing more than assumptions and your opinion, the guy complaining about the switch time has a valid fact as a complaint ie the switch times have been increased 12 fold, that is a fact not an opinion.

would you care to explain which assumption i jumped into?

semp

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2012, 10:32:25 PM »
i would be happy with 3 hours
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2012, 10:49:20 PM »
would you care to explain which assumption i jumped into?

semp

Ahh the same one you do in every 12 hour switch time thread in existence without fail?

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2012, 10:57:47 PM »
Ahh the same one you do in every 12 hour switch time thread in existence without fail?

please quote me as i havent made any yet.

semp

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2012, 12:14:11 AM »
ooohhhh  here it comes again...

Been discussed many times. Many good alternatives were brought up. And the result?? Couldnt even find the answer to the question: WHY???
Its pointless and unnecessery.
TYVM HTC
AoM
City of ice