Author Topic: Side switch time  (Read 7258 times)

Offline Melvin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: Side switch time
« Reply #105 on: October 07, 2012, 07:22:47 AM »
Melvin,

Your hand smells like poop.

:rofl
See Rule #4

Offline chaser

• Nickel Member
« Reply #106 on: October 12, 2012, 10:24:02 PM »
Can we bring this up again? At least let us vote on it? Though it seems the majority want a shorter side switch time.

12 hours is beyond ridiculous  :bhead

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #107 on: October 15, 2012, 07:54:50 AM »
Can we bring this up again? At least let us vote on it? Though it seems the majority want a shorter side switch time.

Has this suddenly become a democracy?

Where can I vote?
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #108 on: October 15, 2012, 01:31:49 PM »
Would it not be a lot easier for you to simply stop making baseless assumptions on why you think people switch? If you do not switch at all, a 12 hour switch time would be of no consequence to you, would it? On the other hand to someone who switches to find it action it would be a disaster, so why bother entering the argument....you always jump onto this topic with nothing more than assumptions and your opinion, the guy complaining about the switch time has a valid fact as a complaint ie the switch times have been increased 12 fold, that is a fact not an opinion.

Yes it is but Hitech will not relent, the idea was that it is meant to act as a dampener for flucations in country numbers, of course it doesn't really, been on more often than not and the numbers are way out of balance and always will be regardless. There are so many obstacles placed in the way of an Aces High player switch times, puffy ack etc that you would literally have to be retired or unemployed to devote the time to enjoy it anymore.

Your wrong, switch times were reduced.   There was a time when you could only change sides once every week or few weeks, forget what it was originally. 
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Online thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #109 on: October 15, 2012, 01:53:30 PM »

Vote all you like. HTC, like any business, will probably make the choice that is more financially profitable.

Furthermore, this subject came up when it was a one hour switch. One hour... twelve hours.. the complaints either way came in. Deal with it. Can't please the world.
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline MrGeezer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #110 on: October 15, 2012, 11:35:16 PM »

Dude--if you can't think strategically up to 12 hours?.....I hear that Slingo is looking for players.
Killing Virtual Bad Guys Since 1995  Disabled, retired.

"Posting anything, which says anything positive about anyone, on our board, will always turn into a derogatory mess. It should be a forum posting rule."  Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline chaser

• Nickel Member
« Reply #111 on: October 15, 2012, 11:51:28 PM »
Dude--if you can't think strategically up to 12 hours?.....I hear that Slingo is looking for players.

Tell me one time where the fights have stayed the same for 12 hours straight. They don't. This isn't real war and it's the reason 12 hours is ridiculous. You fight in one area for awhile and it dies. If there's no good fights going on with your team your stuck for the next 10+ hours.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #112 on: October 16, 2012, 02:14:06 AM »
Tell me one time where the fights have stayed the same for 12 hours straight. They don't. This isn't real war and it's the reason 12 hours is ridiculous. You fight in one area for awhile and it dies. If there's no good fights going on with your team your stuck for the next 10+ hours.

tell me when the fights have stayed in the same place for 1 hour?  I used to switch a lot a couple of years ago when it was a 1 hr switch.  and more than 1/2 the time I would switch to the country that had some really cool fights but then they would switch back to another place and I would be stuck again.  asking for 4 or 6 hours is dumb as it really isnt any different than 12.  if you really care about following a fight then ask for switch anytime or maybe 1/2 hr.  anything more than that and might as well be 12 hours as it wont really make a difference.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #113 on: October 16, 2012, 07:46:07 AM »
All hail teh wordz of wizdome...
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #114 on: October 16, 2012, 09:10:22 AM »
Semp, the point is a compromise. 1 hour isn't going to work for what ever reason HTC has for it. 12 hours is too much as posted by many. Maybe 3 hours would be a good compromise. Too long for spies, but short enough to switch once or twice a night to find fights.

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #115 on: October 17, 2012, 07:28:06 PM »
Semp, the point is a compromise. 1 hour isn't going to work for what ever reason HTC has for it. 12 hours is too much as posted by many. Maybe 3 hours would be a good compromise. Too long for spies, but short enough to switch once or twice a night to find fights.

Not sure anything will ever change in regards to switch times Fugi, you see although many hate the 12 hours, they still play!!!! what motivation is there to change it when those who want it changed still "pay and play"?

Just a thought!

:salute

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #116 on: October 17, 2012, 08:37:34 PM »
And JUGgler has spoken....good to see you JUG
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #117 on: October 17, 2012, 11:56:04 PM »
And JUGgler has spoken....good to see you JUG

Back at ya change!  :salute

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #118 on: October 18, 2012, 03:41:07 AM »
So can we has 1 hour back?  :banana:
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #119 on: October 18, 2012, 04:06:37 AM »

there's no difference between 3 and 12 when you get stuck because the fights switch among all countries at any time.  I found that out when we had the 1 hour switch time.  I would switch only to find out that 5 minutes later the fight had switched to the country that I came from.

you guys are delusional if you think that 3 hours will make a big difference from 12 hours.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.