Author Topic: Trouble setting up controller  (Read 388 times)

Offline lmxar

• Zinc Member
Trouble setting up controller
« on: September 16, 2012, 02:39:54 AM »
Hey all, I got married on June 30, and the wife said no video games until we have a steady paycheck.  Not being one to argue, I allowed my AH sub to expire, and made a new sub a week ago.  Simply put, AH is not recognizing the joystick I have been using for the past 6 months.  What would cause this?  Do I need to buy a new joystick?  I just got a college degree and could only afford a logitech extreme 3d pro while I was in college.  Less than ideal, but what is going on?  The joystick has never caused me issues before...  The game is saving all of my controls from when I was an active member but not recognizing the controller.  Please help!

Offline lmxar

• Zinc Member
Re: Trouble setting up controller
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2012, 02:41:47 AM »
Addendum: I restarted my AH subscription tonight.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2012, 02:50:50 AM »
Congratulations for your marriage and steady paycheck.

When was the last time you rebooted your computer? Seen many kinds of strange behaviour due to the sleep and hibernation functions people use for saving a minute in boot time.

Check if Windows can see your joystick.
Also, unplug and re-plug your controller, maybe in another USB port.

If there's something wrong with your USB controllers or other device drivers, use this batch file to find problematic devices:
Copy/paste the following lines to Notepad and "Save as" "Devices.bat" under All Filetypes.

@echo off
devmgr_show_nonpresent_device s=1
start devmgmt.msc

In Vista and newer OSes right click and run as administrator, and don't forget to select View>Show hidden devices.

It may also be possible that the USB cable has broken down. A replacement can be made out of any USB cable costing next to nothing, if you're handy with a soldering iron.

If your stick has permanently bit the dust, there's a couple of alternatives in the price range of a Logi Extreme 3d: Thrustmaster T.16000m is very accurate with its HAL detectors, Thrustmaster T-flight X Hotas being the most cost effective Hotas in the market. Both fit the hand the same way as the Extreme 3D

« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 02:58:11 AM by Bizman »
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline lmxar

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2012, 01:03:21 PM »
I just figured it out.  Thanks for the help!

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2012, 07:08:38 AM »
What was it?
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline turt21

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2012, 04:21:32 PM »
On a similar note. I have a Saitek X52 throttle /stick bristling with buttons and was wondering if theres an optimun practical setup for all these buttons. ?Perhaps a batch file someone can post?Im only scratching the surface with what this can do. Thanks in Advance ...turt
Win 7 w8 G ram 4 G vid card. 3G proc 8 layer MB

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2012, 05:18:01 PM »
On a similar note. I have a Saitek X52 throttle /stick bristling with buttons and was wondering if theres an optimun practical setup for all these buttons. ?Perhaps a batch file someone can post?Im only scratching the surface with what this can do. Thanks in Advance ...turt
Win 7 w8 G ram 4 G vid card. 3G proc 8 layer MB

While I don't have a Saitek stick, this is what I have my stick,throttle set as.

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,338014.msg4458653.html#msg4458653