Author Topic: Side switch time  (Read 7242 times)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: Side switch time
« Reply #120 on: October 18, 2012, 04:23:42 AM »

Not sure anything will ever change in regards to switch times Fugi, you see although many hate the 12 hours, they still play!!!! what motivation is there to change it when those who want it changed still "pay and play"?

Just a thought!

:salute

JUGgler

maybe they play because they have fun  :noid?

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #121 on: October 18, 2012, 08:11:53 AM »
there's no difference between 3 and 12 when you get stuck because the fights switch among all countries at any time.  I found that out when we had the 1 hour switch time.  I would switch only to find out that 5 minutes later the fight had switched to the country that I came from.

you guys are delusional if you think that 3 hours will make a big difference from 12 hours.

semp

Ok Semp, here is some simple math for you. I fly Saturday, starting around noon, going until midnight. As it is now I get to switch once to find a new fight that dies in 5 minutes and then I'm stuck for the rest of the day on that team. If the time is cut to 3 hours I would get to change 4 times to find that fight that dries up in 5 minutes.

4 got fights are better than one good fight.

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #122 on: October 18, 2012, 08:26:19 AM »
Jugler is right, whole reason 2 arenas was dropped was that players had voted with their feet. I know I can still find decent action on here just the time frame to look for it is not there anymore, the 12 hour rule really screws things up, game has long periods of boredom transiting to a fight. Quite often now I leave the plane on autoclimb and clear off to do something else for 10 minutes.

Very depressing then having expended all that effort that no one bothers to up or the fight has died, morons sitting in 88 flaks (why add these?? why not add or update a plane???) shooting at you for 15 minutes without a hit...I have come to the conclusion that Aces High is for retired or unemployed people.

Don't think its for people trying to squeeze a few hours in yet it says on the main page "Find action 24 hours a day" that is simply a complete lie, and before anyone says get in a GV please note that proclamation is flanked by 2 aircraft. The 12 hour rule is anti find action.

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #123 on: October 18, 2012, 09:11:43 AM »
yup.
AoM
City of ice

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #124 on: October 18, 2012, 12:10:06 PM »
Ok Semp, here is some simple math for you. I fly Saturday, starting around noon, going until midnight. As it is now I get to switch once to find a new fight that dies in 5 minutes and then I'm stuck for the rest of the day on that team. If the time is cut to 3 hours I would get to change 4 times to find that fight that dries up in 5 minutes.

4 got fights are better than one good fight.

but you are going with the assumption that every time you switch you will find a fight.  when it was a 1 hour I would switch and 1/2 the time I would switch to the wrong side.  the country I left had actually more fights than the one i went to.  and trust me on this one I would switch constantly.

the ultimate goal of people asking for a lower switch time is to have a switch at will.  I hate the hypocrisy of asking for a 4 or 6 hour switch time, then when we get it ask for a 2 when in reality those who want to switch, want to switch at will.  so why not just come out and stop being little kids and ask what you really want.

hitech has said many times that what people ask for is not what they really want.  anybody can see that this is one of them things.  this is why I have always being against changing it to a 4 or 6 hour time frame as it wont really make a difference than a 12.

you give the excuse that it is because you cant find any fights.  will it really make a difference late at night to switch to a country only to see the fights move back to another place and now you are stuck without a fight for another 4 or 6 hours?  that is stupid.

ask for what you really want because that's the only logical explanation for people crying they cant find a good fight late at night.  a switch anytime we feel like it.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #125 on: October 18, 2012, 12:42:06 PM »
Could you just make it 24 hrs or a Month.

I never switch and never have a hard time finding a fight  :x :x

Please,
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #126 on: October 18, 2012, 01:29:35 PM »
I dont use this feature.
I dont want anyone else to use it.
I am awesome, clap your hands!
AoM
City of ice

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #128 on: October 18, 2012, 02:36:02 PM »
What you wanted to prove with that? What you proved with that?   :rolleyes:
AoM
City of ice

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #129 on: October 19, 2012, 08:15:44 PM »

Back at ya change!  :salute

JUGgler

Its time for you to bring your nasty self on back.  Winter is upon us...
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba