Author Topic: Saitek Issues  (Read 1034 times)

Offline turt21

• Nickel Member
Saitek Issues
« on: October 22, 2012, 01:03:19 PM »
I have a Saitek X52. LAst week AH started to forget some of the button designations. Now there are a couple that the game doesnt see at all. The buttons work on the Saitek software.Aslo Im not having any luck getting my vox working. I wouldnt think they were related but last night when I pushed the stick to the right I started getting feedback in my speakers like there was some kind of conflict.Ive reinstalles Orig Saitek software and also inst new dl version. Win 7 ASUS 3Ghz w 8G ram and a 2 G vid card. Comments? turt

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: Saitek Issues
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2012, 01:46:36 PM »
Try using the stick without the Saitek software and see what happens.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline turt21

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2012, 02:29:04 PM »
I did a search on my machine and theres no Saitek software there now. When I try to program range and channel buttons even when I click OK when I bring up the channel buffer the chaznnel and range lights dont light up when I select the buttons.CAnt get flaps to work either

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2012, 02:36:56 PM »
I did a search on my machine and theres no Saitek software there now. When I try to program range and channel buttons even when I click OK when I bring up the channel buffer the chaznnel and range lights dont light up when I select the buttons.CAnt get flaps to work either

For VOX, check the Options->Preferences->Game Sounds panel to make sure you have the correct devices selected.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2012, 08:29:22 PM »
for all the x52 buttons to work go to devices and printers> right click on saitek x52 then select game controllers, then click on x52 f;ogjt control system then properties. and leave it open.  you must do that every time you play aces high.  that's they only fix.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2012, 06:13:27 AM »
^^^ always have to have game controllers/ properties open...pain in the bum but ho hum  :aok
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2012, 12:28:08 PM »
for all the x52 buttons to work go to devices and printers> right click on saitek x52 then select game controllers, then click on x52 f;ogjt control system then properties. and leave it open.  you must do that every time you play aces high.  that's they only fix.

semp
Must be a Windows 7 issue.  Saitek X52 worked on XP & Vista, without having to do this. 

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2012, 12:52:12 PM »
xp
little button by mouse on throttle to name but one button
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2012, 01:00:58 PM »
Some of the Saitek buttons do not report to DirectX without the Saitek software being loaded.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2012, 02:02:54 PM »
Must be a Windows 7 issue.  Saitek X52 worked on XP & Vista, without having to do this. 
No Vista needs it to......if you want full directx functionality............... try it it gives you more functionality than the saitek software does..................
Ludere Vincere

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2012, 02:18:00 PM »
No Vista needs it to......if you want full directx functionality............... try it it gives you more functionality than the saitek software does..................

ummm, no it doesn't.  To have that window open, in order to make the Saitek work, is kinda like pissin' in the wind.  But, hey sounds like you know what you're talking about... :rolleyes:

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline turt21

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2012, 06:19:50 AM »
Ill try that. Might be just as easy to just use the keys to communicate. Never had this prob w XP.thanks all

Offline ebfd11

• Platinum Member
      • [b]POTW[/b]
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2012, 11:41:57 PM »
2 words

Vista Sucks

Nuff said

LawnDart
PIGS ON THE WING 3RD WING

InGame id: LawnDart
RIP Skullman Potzie and BentNail

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2012, 03:39:15 PM »
Quote from semp:

for all the x52 buttons to work go to devices and printers> right click on saitek x52 then select game controllers, then click on x52 flight control system then properties. and leave it open.  you must do that every time you play aces high.  that's they only fix.

I get a blue screen from time to time while in turret view of a tank and my only solution is to type in the dot command "EF" to get back to the tower and escape the blue screen. I believe there is a stability issue with the x-52, dx9, and win7' so I will give semp's idea a try.

I have tried almost every video setting in the game with the same result.
(Radeon hd 7979 w/ 3 gigs ram) If I get the blue screen again I will post the dxdiag.

<S>
Mano

Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2012, 02:33:23 PM »
I installed win 8 about two weeks ago. I did the upgrade and not the usual format HD and go with the OEM version that I have done in the past when moving to a new version of windows. I am pleased to report I have not seen a single blue screen. I did have to d/l new video drivers but other than that Ah works great.

:salute
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)