Author Topic: Potential Billion Dollar Storm  (Read 4228 times)

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
Re: Potential Billion Dollar Storm
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2012, 11:46:19 AM »

My house is  15' above sea level a few miles from the Ocean in NJ.  :uhoh

Got my RV filled with Gas and Propane. (80 gallons gas @ $3.75 each) If power goes out I will have all the comforts of home.  :D

The last hurricane was hyped just as much as this one and we had some wind and rain but no damage.
  Hopefully the weatherman will live up to his poor record of predicting weather.  :aok

I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2012, 11:55:34 AM »
After the kangaroo court in italy last week the weathermen better make it look really bad. :D
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2012, 03:15:49 PM »
Damn cone turned west,more potential flooding here. Was hoping for direct hit on Jersey shore, clean it up abit maybe undig Jimmy Hoffa. :O NE winds, means stronger more potential wind damage. Less potential storm surge I could be wrong though for the Chesapeake not Deleware bay. Anyways stay safe Delmarva, and Joisey. :pray
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 03:21:26 PM by crazyivan »
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2012, 03:22:51 PM »
After the kangaroo court in Italy last week the weathermen better make it look really bad. :D

Dangerous to be a scientist without psychic powers now.  :rolleyes:
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2012, 04:04:26 PM »
Any others in NEPA or around the area know how bad it'll hit us?  :uhoh
NO power outages! If Im gonna be stuck inside for a few days at least let me play AH damnit mother nature!!
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2012, 04:16:17 PM »
Maybe this will be the storm that floods the NYC subway system because of storm surge.

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2012, 04:42:13 PM »
Any others in NEPA or around the area know how bad it'll hit us?  :uhoh
NO power outages! If Im gonna be stuck inside for a few days at least let me play AH damnit mother nature!!

If it follows the models its gonna be Bad......I have a feeling Bloomsburg and WilkesBarre are gonna have a repeat of last year 2x
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2012, 05:37:18 PM »
If it follows the models its gonna be Bad......I have a feeling Bloomsburg and WilkesBarre are gonna have a repeat of last year 2x

i followed some models once. their boyfriends didn't like it.  :uhoh :noid
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2012, 06:09:36 PM »

Last year in WB we got very very little snow? Are you thinking of the year before possibly?

i followed some models once. their boyfriends didn't like it.  :uhoh :noid
:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline FBDragon

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2012, 06:15:57 PM »
We're getting the tropical storm forse winds from it now, walked over to the beach but the beach was under water lol. All the trash can in the neghborhood are flying around. We wont see the peak of it until around midnight or so!!!! :salute
Kommando Nowotny
XO
To Win The Winter Sky
Gl 1/Jg 11

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2012, 06:17:33 PM »
Hurricanes in the NE?

December 21st, 2012!  :noid :banana:

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2012, 06:40:25 PM »
Last year in WB we got very very little snow? Are you thinking of the year before possibly?
 :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

I was more talking about the flooding....from Irene and Lee
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2012, 06:50:10 PM »
I was more talking about the flooding....from Irene and Lee
oooh right, we had the most serious flooding I have ever seen in WB last year, you're right...if it gets much worse then that....yikes seriously  :uhoh

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2012, 06:55:48 PM »
My fishing bud sent me this...newest update .........  sorry for the CAPS i think he cut and pasted it from the site.

The track has been brought slightly farther south now into the Delmarva Peninsula.  This does not change anything for the area.   They have upgraded the intensity of the storm at this point.  Models have also upgraded, showing central pressures of 934mb .  That about sums it up !!  A 934mb storm would be unprecedented in this area.  The New England Hurricane of 1938 also known as the Long Island Express had a pressure of 938mb.  Of course, each storm is unique and no single storm is ever like another one in history.

6pm 10/26 NOAA NWS briefing 
http://www.erh.noaa.gov/er/phi/briefing/packages/current_briefing.pdf

PUBLIC INFORMATION STATEMENT NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MOUNT HOLLY NJ 631 PM EDT FRI OCT 26 2012

...POTENTIAL HISTORIC STORM FOR THE AREA...

TROPICAL CYCLONE SANDY IS EXPECTED TO MOVE NORTHWARD AND THEN TAKE A TURN BACK TO THE NORTHWEST, MAKING LANDFALL ALONG THE MID ATLANTIC COAST. IT APPEARS THIS OCCURS SOMEWHERE BETWEEN THE DELMARVA PENINSULA AND WESTERN LONG ISLAND.

SANDY IS EXPECTED TO INTENSIFY AS IT INTERACTS WITH AN UPPER LEVEL SYSTEM MOVING OUT OF THE GREAT LAKES, AND INDICATIONS ARE THAT OUR REGION MAY EXPERIENCE A WIDESPREAD DAMAGING STORM, POSSIBLY OF HISTORIC PROPORTIONS.

WIDESPREAD DAMAGING WINDS ARE POSSIBLE. THE EXACT STORM TRACK IS STILL UNCERTAIN AND THIS WILL DETERMINE THE ACTUAL IMPACTS. HOWEVER, THE STORM IS FORECAST TO BE A LARGE STORM THEREFORE DO NOT FOCUS ON THE EXACT CENTER OF THE STORM. IT APPEARS THAT THE STRONGEST WINDS WILL OCCUR MONDAY AND TUESDAY.

IN ADDITION, WIDESPREAD HEAVY RAIN /POSSIBLY AS MUCH AS 6 TO 10 INCHES/ WOULD CAUSE SIGNIFICANT FLOODING ON RIVERS AND STREAMS ACROSS THE REGION. THIS COULD BE MAJOR TO EVEN RECORD FLOODING. RAIN CAN BE EXPECTED TO BEGIN DURING THE DAY SUNDAY OR SUNDAY EVENING AND THEN CONTINUE MONDAY WHEN IT WILL BECOME HEAVY AT TIMES. AS WATER IS PUSHED TOWARD THE COAST, COASTAL FLOODING WILL INCREASE AND THIS COULD BE TO MAJOR TO PERHAPS EVEN RECORD LEVELS ALONG THE COASTS OF NEW JERSEY AND DELAWARE. THE EXTENT OF THE COASTAL FLOODING WILL BE DEPENDENT ON THE TRACK OF THE STORM.

THIS HAS THE POTENTIAL TO BE A LARGE AND RECORD SETTING STORM, WITH WIDESPREAD WIND DAMAGE, INLAND AND COASTAL FLOODING, AND BEACH EROSION. THE COMBINATION OF THE HEAVY RAIN AND WIND WILL CREATE THE POTENTIAL FOR WIDESPREAD POWER OUTAGES AND SIGNIFICANT FLOODING. AT THIS TIME, THE MOST LIKELY TIME FRAME FOR THE WORST OF THE RAIN AND WIND LOOKS TO BE MONDAY AND TUESDAY. THIS MEANS THERE IS STILL TIME TO PREPARE.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 07:06:51 PM by mbailey »
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E

Offline ghi

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2012, 07:04:16 PM »
Fresh high resolution sat. photos just upladed below ;looks like in "The day  after tomorrow " movie.

http://goes.gsfc.nasa.gov/

Waves model for Monday;
https://mobile.twitter.com/RyanMaue/status/261699464518045696/photo/1
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 07:20:45 PM by ghi »