Author Topic: Unread Topics links not working properly  (Read 454 times)

Offline Pand

• Silver Member
      • Pand's Fighter Wing
Unread Topics links not working properly
« on: November 15, 2012, 08:56:38 AM »
There are two issues that seem to be happening with the forum:

1.  When I click on "Show unread posts since last visit."

It will say there have been no unread topics since last visit (even though it may have been 24 hours since I have last checked); however, if I leave the browser open for a few minutes, click it again, I can see new posts since I last clicked the link (a few minutes before) as it will show me one or two posts.

2.  When I click "Show unread posts since last visit" it will tell me there have been no unread topics since last visit.  

So I click the "Click here to try all unread topics" link.

It also tells me there are "no messages".

Even though I can clearly see there are many unread topics in each board:

_____________________________ _______

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Regards,

Pandemonium
"HORDE not HOARD. Unless someone has a dragon sitting on top of a bunch of La7s somewhere." -80hd

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
Re: Unread Topics links not working properly
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2012, 09:13:22 AM »
Do you visit the forums from different browsers/computers? It might be cookie related...if they use cookies to keep track of what you've read.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Pand

• Silver Member
      • Pand's Fighter Wing
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2012, 09:23:33 AM »
Do you visit the forums from different browsers/computers? It might be cookie related...if they use cookies to keep track of what you've read.
Thanks for the response!   

I do, but didn't change computers for this instance.   Last night I had read the forum, then maybe 12 hours later, used the same machine to visit the forum again.

Regards,

Pandemonium
"HORDE not HOARD. Unless someone has a dragon sitting on top of a bunch of La7s somewhere." -80hd

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2012, 10:51:29 AM »
One possibility.  If you login and hit the link too quick, it will not have populated the cookie data so it will show no posts to read.

It happens to me as I have access to all the forums, so there is much more for the server to check.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Pand

• Silver Member
      • Pand's Fighter Wing
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2012, 08:59:51 AM »
One possibility.  If you login and hit the link too quick, it will not have populated the cookie data so it will show no posts to read.

It happens to me as I have access to all the forums, so there is much more for the server to check.
That didn't seem to matter.  I had also cleared my cookies.   I just did my first log in of the day ---- waited a few minutes, and then clicked unread posts since last vist.  Said none.

Then I tried the 'all unread posts' link... and showed no messages also.

Any ideas or is there someone who hosts your forum that can help?

Regards,

Pandemonium

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2012, 09:26:16 AM »
i get similar results. click on show unread posts and i get 1 or 2 results even though most of the forums indicate there are posts i haven't looked at. while in the show unread posts screen if i click on mark all as read, 1 post will sit there and show as unread and when i go back to the main forum view, all forums indicate no unread posts.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett