Author Topic: My Latest Sci-Fi Novel Has Been Released  (Read 3233 times)

Offline Devonai

• Copper Member
      • Reckless Faith
My Latest Sci-Fi Novel Has Been Released
« on: November 21, 2012, 03:25:33 PM »
As some of you know, I'm a science fiction author.  My fourth novel, The Fox and the Eagle, is now available on Amazon in both printed and Kindle formats.

For those unfamiliar with my writing, my science fiction combines a love of astronomy with a love for contemporary firearms.  I think at some point we've all held our favorite firearm, looked in awe and wonder at the starry night sky, and thought, "I'd love to shoot an alien in the face with this."  The Fox and the Eagle is a companion to my existing trilogy, but you don't have to be familiar with the others to read it.  Here's the logline:

It is the year 2019. Faced with a growing number of unexplained abductions, the CIA assigns Evangeline Adeler to investigate. While researching the latest case, she herself is taken. She finds herself on the Eagle, an asteroid city far from Earth. The citizens deny abducting her, instead blaming a mysterious race known as the Kira'To. After earning her freedom, Eva travels to a nearby planet and enlists the help of Cane, a charismatic freelancer, and Reveki, the youthful owner of the independent vessel Fox. With this new alliance, Evangeline is determined to stop the abductions and find a way home.

Though she was abducted, Evangeline still has access to the firearms she had on her at the time.  Additionally, older Earth weapons appear at time throughout the story, relics of earlier abductions throughout history.  Ever since Hamilton Fenix and his M1911 in Heinlein's classic, Beyond This Horizon, I knew I wanted to do the same in my own writing.  I hope you'll check it out!

Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0741479230
Guns!  Aliens!  Talking cats!  My new Science Fiction adventure, now on Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com/David-Kantrowitz/e/B002BMHJPE/

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
Re: My Latest Sci-Fi Novel Has Been Released
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2012, 05:10:43 PM »
 I think at some point we've all held our favorite firearm, looked in awe and wonder at the starry night sky, and thought, "I'd love to shoot an alien in the face with this."

:headscratch:

Offline Anodizer

• Silver Member
I like classy, beautiful, intelligent woman that say the "F" word a lot....

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2012, 05:25:04 PM »
 I think at some point we've all held our favorite firearm, looked in awe and wonder at the starry night sky, and thought, "I'd love to shoot an alien in the face with this."  

I had my share of mental problems in my life, but it never went that far...

:bolt:
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2012, 08:21:23 AM »
+3
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2012, 09:06:58 AM »
Sure... I've had moments like that...

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2012, 09:23:27 AM »
As some of you know, I'm a science fiction author.  My fourth novel, The Fox and the Eagle, is now available on Amazon in both printed and Kindle formats.

For those unfamiliar with my writing, my science fiction combines a love of astronomy with a love for contemporary firearms.  I think at some point we've all held our favorite firearm, looked in awe and wonder at the starry night sky, and thought, "I'd love to shoot an alien in the face with this."  The Fox and the Eagle is a companion to my existing trilogy, but you don't have to be familiar with the others to read it.  Here's the logline:

It is the year 2019. Faced with a growing number of unexplained abductions, the CIA assigns Evangeline Adeler to investigate. While researching the latest case, she herself is taken. She finds herself on the Eagle, an asteroid city far from Earth. The citizens deny abducting her, instead blaming a mysterious race known as the Kira'To. After earning her freedom, Eva travels to a nearby planet and enlists the help of Cane, a charismatic freelancer, and Reveki, the youthful owner of the independent vessel Fox. With this new alliance, Evangeline is determined to stop the abductions and find a way home.

Though she was abducted, Evangeline still has access to the firearms she had on her at the time.  Additionally, older Earth weapons appear at time throughout the story, relics of earlier abductions throughout history.  Ever since Hamilton Fenix and his M1911 in Heinlein's classic, Beyond This Horizon, I knew I wanted to do the same in my own writing.  I hope you'll check it out!

Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0741479230

I've had a moment when I've held something in my hand and thinking I'd love to shoot an illegal alien on her face if that counts  :devil
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2012, 09:36:11 AM »
Have you met Midway? I'm pretty sure he's an alien.
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline Devonai

• Copper Member
      • Reckless Faith
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2012, 09:40:01 AM »
GScholz gets it!  :D  Although if Vasquez was at all realistic, she'd have thought, "I hope I never have to shoot an alien in the face with my backup S&W 39.  That would probably suck."

Perhaps my attempt at humor was a little too narrow, guys.  More precisely, my goal is to write science fiction adventure with compelling characters, a fast-paced plot, and lots of action.  I like modern firearms, as do most of my fans, so I try to incorporate them into my adventures.  James Cameron's Aliens is an obvious influence; sci-fi weapons don't have to be all pew-pew-pew lasers.
Guns!  Aliens!  Talking cats!  My new Science Fiction adventure, now on Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com/David-Kantrowitz/e/B002BMHJPE/

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2012, 10:16:12 AM »
...sci-fi weapons don't have to be all pew-pew-pew lasers.

Amen!
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2012, 10:28:47 AM »
Look like I picked the wrong week to quit writing novels!

But seriously.....congrats Devonai.
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline Stellaris

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2012, 11:46:37 AM »
It's awesome to go into the bookstore and see your book on the shelf.  Congrats

Online Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2012, 09:36:29 PM »
Would it be possible to do an alien back in time during WW2 on german soil as sci-fi? Interesting to see alien craft against 190's and ground vehicles, in detail.

You all know this would be awesome to read. Shoot, make it into a movie for $$$
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Stellaris

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2012, 10:05:24 PM »
I once read an awesome story some guy wrote about a squadron of A-10s that went back in time to Julius Caesar's Rome, and helped the legions suppress rebellions.  There was a bit of discontinuity as he had Hannibal crossing the alps in the story, which obviously was before Caesar's time.  Nevertheless there's this great battle scene where the Carthaginian elephants are charging the Roman line.  The line breaks, and all seems lost when Caesar calls in the airstrike.  You can imagine what a squadron of A-10s do to a bunch of elephants.

It was like Final Countdown meets 300.  Amazing!

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2012, 10:59:05 PM »
Would it be possible to do an alien back in time during WW2 on german soil as sci-fi? Interesting to see alien craft against 190's and ground vehicles, in detail.

You all know this would be awesome to read. Shoot, make it into a movie for $$$

Harry Turtledove's "Worldwar: In the Balance"
Book 1 of a 4 part series. Fantastic stuff.
http://www.amazon.com/In-Balance-Alternate-History-Worldwar/dp/0345388526/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1353645921&sr=8-9&keywords=harry+turtledove

Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com