Author Topic: Enemy marker colors, can we change them?  (Read 396 times)

Offline AhhClem

• Zinc Member
Enemy marker colors, can we change them?
« on: December 03, 2012, 11:57:24 AM »
Howdy gang,

Like a lot of men in this world (about 10%) I have some red/green color blindness.  This normally isn't a problem.  However,  when I'm engaged with an enemy fighter and they are at lower altitude I will sometimes lose the visual on not only the target but the red enemy marker for the target.  It's espcially bad when searching for ground vehicles from the air.  The red, which must look like a blazing sign to most of you, fades into the background with my eyes and just blends in with the ground clutter until I stare at it for a time.  That lost time gets me killed a lot.  To my eyes red is just another dark color with not much excitement about it, unless it's bright primary fire engine red, which the markers are not.  They are very dark.

So, can I change the color of enemy target markers to something I can see better, using AH preferences?  An ugly purple would stand out from the ground clutter nicely.  I hope there's an answer besides altering my monitor.

Thanks in advance.

AC

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Enemy marker colors, can we change them?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2012, 12:09:57 PM »
Icon colours can be changed at: Options-Preferences-Gui
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2012, 12:17:28 PM »
I'm also colorblind.  I find purple blends in with the sky, which is the last place you want to miss seeing an enemy. :)

YMMV, but I prefer a nice bright yellow for enemy, and black for friendly.  In some custom terrains with different color schemes, I find black works better for enemy, and yellow for friendly.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline AhhClem

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2012, 03:12:01 PM »
Thank you for the replies.  I must experiment with this.  You may be right Wiley, about the yellow thing for enemies.  That color stands out for me like crazy.  :)

Thanks again for the suggestions.

AC   :x

Offline Vudu15

• Gold Member
"No odds too great"

"I was a horse ahead at the end" - Nathan Bedford Forrest
Training Video List https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL54E5CE